Navigraph 2007: Some approach transitions missing in the DEP/ARR page..

I made two flights. No. 1. from VGJR to VGHS. For VGHS I chose ILS rw 14, but did not find any approach transition option in the FMS DEP/ARR page. I was expecting MIMAR or IBANU approach transition. Next flight No. 2, from VGHS to VGEG. Expected ILS rw 23 approach transitions, ONEKA. But no approach transition option. But VGHS SID were available.

Haseen Ahmad.

Dear mopperle:

Shouldn't at least STAR heading should be visible in the FMS DEP/ARR Arrival page? I can see SIDs in DEP page. I also flew from LIBD to LIBR. I found STARs and SIDs alright.

• 3 weeks later...

haseen, did you install the 2007 data from Navigraph yourself or was it preinstalled?

I had some missing STARs at EDDF tonight and had installed AIRAC 2008 from Navigraph. However, the Navigraph FMS Downloader has a bug here: It does only install a part of the download to the correct directory (for me: P3D V5 Addons\Aerosoft CRJ Pro v5\Data

The procedures are installed into P3D V5 Addons\Aerosoft CRJ Professional\Data

I checked the procedures for EDDF and they were there in the file in P3D V5 Addons\Aerosoft CRJ Professional\Data but not in P3D V5 Addons\Aerosoft CRJ Pro v5\Data.

So I simply copied the P3D V5 Addons\Aerosoft CRJ Professional\Data into the P3D V5 Addons\Aerosoft CRJ Pro v5 directory and the procedures got also updated.

On 7/13/2020 at 11:38 AM, haseen said:

Dear mopperle:

Shouldn't at least STAR heading should be visible in the FMS DEP/ARR Arrival page? I can see SIDs in DEP page. I also flew from LIBD to LIBR. I found STARs and SIDs alright.

Something's actually up here.... Navigraph has the DME-ARC transitions in the files for VGHS....

Here's a fun one for @Hans Hartmann - The approach transitions are somehow inhibited as long as a STAR is not selected. For airports without a STAR, the approach transitions therefore cannot be displayed. I tested this at several airports with and without STARs, on ILS and on RNAV approaches that I know i've flown and exist. STAR-less airports are just hooped, there's no way to trigger the approach transitions to pop up, and ones with STARs require a STAR selection to enable the approach transition selection list. An approach with no transitions will always have "VECTORS" as the only selectable option, even that one isn't displaying. 

SO, fun stuff. @haseen, something is indeed broken. DME ARC transitions should be there. This being said, Hans is overhauling the whole DEP/ARR pages and system because we've identified enough quirks to warrant re-doing it, so this fix might not get resolved until that's done. That being said, we'll keep our eyes out for this behaviour in the new versions when Hans gets pushes them to the beta team. 

I hope this helps, please feel free to send me a DM if you want to understand a little more about SIDs, STARs, Approaches and transitions - knowing more about all that would allow you to more clearly identify any issues :)

Archived