>> Aerosoft official retail partner for Microsoft Flight Simulator <<

I would like to ask about when the DVD1 has to be present for Flight sim 2020.

Every time you start the sim or only for activation after installation?

When I read the official statement (recomended post on top of this page)

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/154700-aerosoft-official-retail-partner-for-microsoft-flight-simulator/page/8/&tab=comments#comment-990011

it is required for activation. Not for every time you launch the sim.

When I read the FAQ the DVD 1 needs to be inserted every time you start the sim.

What is true? Definitive answer please. 

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Stewart

Interesting. I would really like to keep the Boxed Version (amd put it next to my FSX Gold Box 🙂), but not when I have to deal with a copy protection from the 90's.

I would only connect my DVD drive for installation and put it away afterwards.

Since the Sim is activated online and connected to my account there is no reason anyway to do DVD checks after initial activation.

What should I do now?

• Aerosoft
13 minutes ago, Stewart said:

If that is indeed correct then can I draw your attention to this post over on the Avsim forums?

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/580264-just-got-my-premium-deluxe-dvd-version/

I see no conflict there. The DVD1 needs to be in the drive, but indeed you can complete the installation after DVD1 online.

2 minutes ago, Jan1899 said:

@Stewart

Interesting. I would really like to keep the Boxed Version (amd put it next to my FSX Gold Box 🙂), but not when I have to deal with a copy protection from the 90's.

I would only connect my DVD drive for installation and put it away afterwards.

Since the Sim is activated online and connected to my account there is no reason anyway to do DVD checks after initial activation.

What should I do now?

Well if the information in that avsim post is accurate, then I have just wasted the price of the premium delxe version I ordered on steam and I didnt even receive the premium content (another ongoing known issue). and since the steam download took so long to install, I cant even get a refund from steam.

• Aerosoft
6 minutes ago, Jan1899 said:

We agree, but Microsoft insisted on this.  If you do not want this send the box back.

• Aerosoft
Just now, Stewart said:

Well if the information in that avsim post is accurate, then I have just wasted the price of the premium delxe version I ordered on steam and I didnt even receive the premium content (another ongoing known issue). and since the steam download took so long to install, I cant even get a refund from steam.

Please let's stick to the topic. We are NOT responsible for the issues on the Steam versions and can only advise you read the MFS Steam support forums. I am sure MS will solve this issue.

vor 4 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

I see no conflict there. The DVD1 needs to be in the drive, but indeed you can complete the installation after DVD1 online.

This is the conflict: "everything installed fine from online download, for starting no DVD is needed too.". Right from the first post.

They say the DVD does not need to be in the drive to play. You say it is required. 

• Aerosoft
1 minute ago, Jan1899 said:

This is the conflict: "everything installed fine from online download, for starting no DVD is needed too.". Right from the first post.

They say the DVD does not need to be in the drive to play. You say it is required. 

Ahhh right, indeed. Well simply,  that is controlled by the sim and not the installer. All we know is that it as it was always and the disk is needed. If MS removed that, so much the better, but I would NOT rely on one avsim message.

vor 16 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

Ahhh right, indeed. Well simply,  that is controlled by the sim and not the installer. All we know is that it as it was always and the disk is needed. If MS removed that, so much the better, but I would NOT rely on one avsim message.

I will check some more forums for user reports until the box arrives here and decide tomorrow if I send it back or not.

vor 14 Minuten, big-mike sagte:

Wating for the DVD`s.

Which parcel service do you use here in Germany?

Thank you.

Mike

For me the delivery is via DHL (north germany)

• Aerosoft
32 minutes ago, big-mike said:

Thank you,Mathijs,

Just got a mail,that the DVD`s are on the way with DHL.

Mike

Ahhh right, just understood we use DHL in Germany, UPS for Europe. I really should talk more to the people who handle our boxed distribution. While many people think it is dead, we are still doing very very well with boxed copies. MFS sold our in a few days and let me tell you we had a sh*t load made. 

• Aerosoft
31 minutes ago, wolfmoeck said:

Why that? Isn´t Stuttgart big enough??

Why has Bing no pictures of this airport? Curious.

We do not know, bur are sure it will be solved.  There are more airports that have the same issue.  Stuttgart is just the most obvious.

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, wolfmoeck said:

Why has Bing no pictures of this airport? Curious.

Have a look at bing maps and you know why:

Please login to display this image.

Obviousl somebody (local authority or whatever) didnt want those aerial images be published and until this isnt sorted out, no EDDS for MFS

BTW I have seen something similar for greek airports on Google, like Heraklion and Athens pixeled out.

Archived