>> Aerosoft official retail partner for Microsoft Flight Simulator <<

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just another question:

Can the download version get downloaded piece by piece and then installed afterwards as for example happens with P3D ?  I ask that because whilst I have a rapid internet connection I have data restrictions. So I cant download 90 GB in one go and would have to split it over some time.  For this reason I was actually going to purchase the box, but to have the DVD in the drive always is a clear no go for me.

Thanks a lot for your patience in answering all those questions !!

I noticed that when choosing to order from Canada, it says "Sorry, this item is not available for a delivery to your country.". Is there any way to get a delivery option to Canada? I would love to get a physical copy.

• Deputy Sheriffs
12 hours ago, ScaRxFacE said:

I noticed that when choosing to order from Canada, it says "Sorry, this item is not available for a delivery to your country.". Is there any way to get a delivery option to Canada? I would love to get a physical copy.

No. As noted several times above, the physical disk version is available for delivery within Europe only.

Edit: Also, like Otto says just below.

On 7/29/2020 at 7:13 AM, Zaganul said:

This is a baffling decision from Microsoft indeed... I mean I am grateful that they do a physical release in this day and age when PC gaming is almost completely digital, but I didn't expect them to redo the exact same experience like it's 2004 all over again, with dvd check every time you play. Pc users have had 16 years of Steam convenience in the meantime... This will become very annoying, very fast for someone like me who plays a lot of short sessions every day. I do have an external dvd drive, and I do use it once in a blue moon when I need to access old family pictures and videos that I still keep on dvd: it's very slow, very loud and freezes too many damn times.

I hope this requirement can be revoked by Microsoft later, with an update, if enough people complain about it. It's not unheard of, to remove such DRM checks in later updates, other game developers who put Denuvo in their games removed it later. It's not like someone can play the physical game without a Microsoft account anyway... And if I remember correctly, games like Fallout and GTA that used the infamous "Games For WIndows Live" also removed it when it became obsolete. Now, the question is, will there be any pressure on Microsoft to do this? It really depends on how many physical copies will be sold. As a physical pc game collector since... forever, buying the boxed game is not even in question, but I sure hope I'm not being punished for doing so... or "subtly" pushed to make a second, digital purchase so I can actually play the game by 2020 standards.

Mathijs, thank you for all your hard work and time spent answering so many questions on this forum.

Whilst I understand that the DVD “problem” is Microsoft’s decision. Could you please confirm whether Microsoft is working on a “fix” for a DVD having to be left in the DVD drive every time I use Microsoft Flight Simulator?  It seems ludicrous that the download only version has no such archaic restrictions.

Unfortunately, it will be with regret that I will have to cancel my Deluxe Box set if there is not a way around having to keep the DVD in the drive at all time whilst using MFS. I cannot afford to buy a box version to line up alongside every other version of MFS I have and buy the download version because the DVD issue will drive me insane.

• Aerosoft
28 minutes ago, flyboy340 said:

Mathijs, thank you for all your hard work and time spent answering so many questions on this forum.

Whilst I understand that the DVD “problem” is Microsoft’s decision. Could you please confirm whether Microsoft is working on a “fix” for a DVD having to be left in the DVD drive every time I use Microsoft Flight Simulator?  It seems ludicrous that the download only version has no such archaic restrictions.

Unfortunately, it will be with regret that I will have to cancel my Deluxe Box set if there is not a way around having to keep the DVD in the drive at all time whilst using MFS. I cannot afford to buy a box version to line up alongside every other version of MFS I have and buy the download version because the DVD issue will drive me insane.

No need to thank me, I get actually paid for that! And no, I see no signs of Microsoft changing their mind. In confidence I can say it is not seen as the best step by some people in the MS/Asobo team.

And don't worry about canceling your order, we'll sell every copy we are allowed to make very easy. Retail shops are ordering large numbers.

vor 5 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

No need to thank me, I get actually paid for that! And no, I see no signs of Microsoft changing their mind. In confidence I can say it is not seen as the best step by some people in the MS/Asobo team.

Matthijs, as Flyboy340, I find it annoying that with the boxed version you always have to insert the DVD. I don't find this hard because my DVD-drive is permanently installed, but Microsoft should accommodate the users. With X-Plane 11, however, I also have to insert the first DVD for verification from time to time.

• Developer
Vor 1 Stunde, wolfmoeck sagte:

Matthijs, as Flyboy340, I find it annoying that with the boxed version you always have to insert the DVD. I don't find this hard because my DVD-drive is permanently installed, but Microsoft should accommodate the users. With X-Plane 11, however, I also have to insert the first DVD for verification from time to time.

Please understand that this was Microsoft's decision, not Aerosoft's. They really can't do anything about it.

7 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

And don't worry about canceling your order, we'll sell every copy we are allowed to make very easy. Retail shops are ordering large numbers.

OMG, sounds like the box set is going to be a collectors item already. May well have to keep my order now! Decisions, decisions ?????????

This might have been already asked, but I would like to know if the manual, included in the Premium Deluxe Edition, will be comparable to the manual that came with the FSX Box tons of years ago? I loved making my way through the flightschool in former times...

Thank you for your help!

If I get disappointed of the game, and want to re-sell it as second hand, is this feasible? Thinking about license, Serial nbr, activation, DVD #1 in the driver, etc....

(of course then I would not be able to play it obviously)

• Aerosoft
36 minutes ago, AIXtreme2K said:

This might have been already asked, but I would like to know if the manual, included in the Premium Deluxe Edition, will be comparable to the manual that came with the FSX Box tons of years ago? I loved making my way through the flightschool in former times...

Thank you for your help!

No, there is some help, but the sim itself contains very good training missions.

• Aerosoft
14 minutes ago, Telgar said:

If I get disappointed of the game, and want to re-sell it as second hand, is this feasible? Thinking about license, Serial nbr, activation, DVD #1 in the driver, etc....

I do not think so as the serial is linked to your Xbox gamertag.  MS would have to change that.

5 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I do not think so as the serial is linked to your Xbox gamertag.  MS would have to change that.

Thank you Mathijs.

vor 22 Minuten, Telgar sagte:

Applying to EU rights there should be no licence hustle if you have buyed the software in the EU, at least not in Germany.

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, mlinecker said:

Applying to EU rights there should be no licence hustle if you have buyed the software in the EU, at least not in Germany.

Sure, but if the company has to do any work to change the owner, they are allowed to charge the new customer for that work. And that makes it for anything that connect to a server almost impossible to change the license. A fine example of law made symbolic.

Our licenses are all personal and we will only support the original owner and they can only be registered with the email of the original buyer. Only with that person do we have a sales contract and only to that person we have obligations. There is logic in that as we have seen that some users have sold their license to a bunch of people. Then we get 10 emails from people they can't access updates, all using the same license and they have all paid for the same license.

vor 33 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

Sure, but if the company has to do any work to change the owner, they are allowed to charge the new customer for that work. And that makes it for anything that connect to a server almost impossible to change the license. A fine example of law made symbolic.

I know, its an license thing publisher won't get into. Actually the law says that a customer has ALL rights to sell his buyed software, even if its digital obtained, the EU court was very clear here.

Changing a customer license is just a small edit in a Database, for example i've gone thru this with several ADOBE licenses with just a short call to the support.

Sure: if a company refuses to follow the law here the customer has to go to his lawyer and that is a risk of paying higher fees than the software is/was worth. Good for the companys, bad for the customers. Maybe that will change when the national governments legislate further laws to support the customers.

Sorry for the OT here.

vor 5 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

But we will sure abide by the law, the new customer just has to pay for the work that needs doing.  

May i ask how much you are charging for resetting an license?

In my opinion it should be of course be the seller of the license to reduce his price accordingly.

• Aerosoft

I have no idea, we have never been asked. I would say that it will be in total something like 20 minutes work, handling forwarded emails,  all databases (sales, support etc), informing the customer. Officially we also need an email from the original customer where he states he has indeed removed the software from his system. So we will also have to contact him to make sure he has indeed sold his software and it is not some registration that was 'found' on the internet. As said we have seen 10 people claiming ownership of one product because of issues like this. 

For a a cheap add-on it all just does not make sense.

On 3.8.2020 at 20:50, suniram sagte:

Just another question:

Can the download version get downloaded piece by piece and then installed afterwards as for example happens with P3D or is the installer downloading the files "on the fly"?  I ask that because whilst I have a rapid internet connection I have data restrictions. So I cant download 90 GB in one go and would have to split it over some time.  For this reason I was actually going to purchase the box, but to have the DVD in the drive always is a clear no go for me.

Thanks a lot for your patience in answering all those questions !!

May I repeat this questions as I guess it has been overseen, thanks a lot !

On 7/20/2020 at 5:47 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

We always try to reply within 24 hours sir and most of the people in our offices have gone home already. And actually we are incredibly busy at this moment. We will reply to you tomorrow for sure.  Don't worry please.

Hi, I sent an email requesting a refund on Monday night (it's now Thursday afternoon), and haven't heard anything back. I've sent 2 further emails and tried to call the customer service number, but was cut off after being put on hold.

Please can you look into this? The email address I used was the one included on the "revocation right" document (info@aerosoft.com).

Archived