>> Aerosoft official retail partner for Microsoft Flight Simulator <<

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, mseder said:

So this means that if you really care for detailed airports and in depth functionality for the aircrafts like yours, PMDG or Qualitywings 787, you're back to square one, like with FSX, a pretty costsome journey investing in add-ons (mods)?

Not necessarily. If you look at the videos and see how the airports are looking theat come e.g. with premium edition I would not spend 1 single swedish crown for a 3rd party addon. Maybe for other airprost not being covered in that detail in MFS

1 hour ago, mseder said:

Do I have any kind of use for all the Aerosoft sceneries or aircrafts I've bought for the FSX? Are they convertable, is there a costreduction etc?

No. Maybe 1% of the old code can be used.

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok here is my question. I am interested in buying the boxed version purely for collection purposes. Now I understand that to be able to run the sim on my computer without having to insert the disc every time , I would have to purchase a separate online version (either Microsoft store or steam version). This isn't really a problem for me. However if I buy the basic version online will I be able to add the extras that come with the Premium deluxe disc version (assuming that I bought the premium deluxe version on disc)? Or would it be best to buy the premium deluxe version online and just buy the basic version on disc, Is there any difference in the contents of the box between the basic disc version and the premium deluxe disc version apart from the data on the discs themselves?

Habe gestern die Premium De Luxe, Box-Version vorbestellt und freue mich auf die Veröffentlichung und erste Flugerfahrungen.

Ich gehe davon aus, dass meine PC-Spezifikation für gute Framerates ausreicht:

Prozessor:                               Core i7-8700K

Wasserkühlung                       auf CPU Sockel 1151 – CPU Intel Core i7-8700K

RAM:                                       16 GB 2.666 MHz

SSD-Festplatte:                        Samsung 960 EVO 500 GB

HDD-Festplatte:                       3 TB SATA

Grafikkarte:                            GeForce GTX 1070 Ti, 8GB /
                                     STRIX-GTX 1070TI-8G Gaming

Bin von MS FSX über X-Plane 11 jetzt zu MS Flight Simulator 2020 gekommen und bin mir sicher, dass das ein guter Schritt ist.

Zusatzfrage:
Kann ich den Flightsimulator auch auf einer externen SSD (1TB) speichern und von da aus starten und spielen?

• Deputy Sheriffs
55 minutes ago, wolfmoeck said:

Kann ich den Flightsimulator auch auf einer externen SSD (1TB) speichern und von da aus starten und spielen?

I am a FSX freeware developer for aircraft and scenery products. My question regarding a support for the .mdl and .bgl format was answered very vague,(see below) 

"...... That is partly an open question, but I would not expect anything complex to be able to load in the new sim without some work. "

so not clear what kind off effort is required to port a FSX aircraft model to FSMS. Now I have some more questions:

1. What is the file format for the aircraft models in FSMS :

-  .fbx, .gltf, .dae, .x  or  .....    ?? Means for example will MSFS accept a model being created by a 3D tool which exports a .fbx file for a model ?

2. What 3D tool has been used for the model development for MSFS ? 3ds Max,  Blender or others ???    

3. In case of  3ds Max or Blender does the  XML code out of the xml.def file (FSX SDK)  for animation play a role at all ? I guess this code no longer required ?

4. I have pre-ordered the Premium Delux version. Is the SDK part of it, even for a later update ? 

5. For the gauge development : Can XML still be used ?? Is the FSX ACE XML tool still being supported ? 

Thanks in advance for your reply .

• Aerosoft
On 7/31/2020 at 11:38 AM, Anton M-E said:

Honestly., we love you to buy the boxed version from us, but even more important we love you to buy the simulator. 

See, we love X-Plane, we love P3D (v5 not so much, but the platform we feel is still incredibly vibrant) and there is absolutely no intention to drop those platforms from what we support.  It is not our decision, we go where our customers are.  But fact is that MFS is the new giant to beat. We have all seen the videos on YouTube the last few days and everybody now understands the default sim puts the bar incredibly high for add-ons. We at Aerosoft are incredibly excited this new platform and soon you will see more about our involvement with it.  Let's just say that Microsoft's marketing department has something to say about what we can share, lol.

But to give you an idea on our ideas on this platform. Four weeks ago @Tom F started in our support department specifically (and full time) to support this new platform and our add-ons. X-Plane users know that we do not only support our add-ons but also assist the platform itself because it makes sense. Tomorrow morning, Anne, our new modeler, will start on creating a completely new Twin Otter. These are very serious investments. 

• Aerosoft
On 7/31/2020 at 4:30 PM, mseder said:

Thanks for all this info Mathjis. 

1 So then what FS 2020 offers is not about aircrafts and airport sceneries but the amazing general graphics/realityfeeling plus other things of course.
2 So this means that if you really care for detailed airports and in depth functionality for the aircrafts like yours, PMDG or Qualitywings 787, you're back to square one, like with FSX, a pretty costsome journey investing in add-ons (mods)?
3 Then maybe it's a good idea not buying the premium version of FS2020 as the extra number of at least aircrafts will not pay-off while the sceneries ("high end add-on airport of 5 years back") might do.
4 Do I have any kind of use for all the Aerosoft sceneries or aircrafts I've bought for the FSX? Are they convertable, is there a costreduction etc?
5 Can you reveal how many of your existing sceneries and aircrafts will be converted/new and available for sale from august?

Mats

Tjee. complex questions...

1. As ever before, the sim itself is the platform, you need it for the add-ons, should you want those. What is new is that the platform is new and very modern. 

2. Yes. Same as every new version of FS.  Keep in mind that X-Plane and P3D are very valid platforms at this moment.

3. Mmmmm... if you are a serious hardcore simmer, perhaps. But keep in mind that the added value of the more expensive versions can NOT be replaced by add-ons at this moment and even when there will be add-ons even one will cost more then the price difference between the MFS version. 

4. As always we will offer update offer based on how much files have changed. if 100% of files are changed you will not get an update option, if we only have to change 25% of files you will get a serious discount. You only pay for new files (try to find that promise from any other company btw). There will be no products that can be 'moved by customers'. The platforms are just to different. And that is a good thing. If there would be serious backward compatibility the new platform would be castrated. You want something new. Believe me.

5. In August we will have only one product that is 100% compatible. OnAir. It is being tested every day and we know it works. You can buy it now. The issue is that the SDK is being made as we speak. Aerosoft is very very much involved in that as will be clear in a few weeks. Almost all of our staff is fully on MFS projects at this moment. HOWEVER, anything that can be ported back to P3D versions will be. And a lot is.

• Aerosoft
5 hours ago, Tomcat1940 said:

I am a FSX freeware developer for aircraft and scenery products. My question regarding a support for the .mdl and .bgl format was answered very vague,(see below) 

I do not think it was vague, but totally missing! I think these questions should be asked to Microsoft and not Aerosoft.

Will  answer 4 though. As far as we are aware it will be available to anybody.  Microsoft and Asobo want this to be a fully open platform.

• Aerosoft
20 hours ago, Stewart said:

Ok here is my question. I am interested in buying the boxed version purely for collection purposes. Now I understand that to be able to run the sim on my computer without having to insert the disc every time , I would have to purchase a separate online version (either Microsoft store or steam version). This isn't really a problem for me. However if I buy the basic version online will I be able to add the extras that come with the Premium deluxe disc version (assuming that I bought the premium deluxe version on disc)? Or would it be best to buy the premium deluxe version online and just buy the basic version on disc, Is there any difference in the contents of the box between the basic disc version and the premium deluxe disc version apart from the data on the discs themselves?

As far as we know you will be able to upgrade the download version. As we do not sell that one however, I can not reply with certainty. The boxed version can not be upgraded.

Thanks for your answer Mathijs. can you tell me please  

Is there any difference in the contents of the box between the basic disc version and the premium deluxe disc version apart from the data on the discs themselves?

I'm curious to see how difficult model generation would be in the new SDK. One thing that turned me away from FS Development was how difficult it was to "hand-sculpt" something in GMax and export the model in FSX. Granted, I was 15 at the time I tried and didn't have much patience.

I hope some easier development tools are available for users to build their own "addons" without difficult uptake. Not sure if Aerosoft can comment on that just yet, though, given the NDA in place.

I have to say I have loved Aerosoft products for a long time, even purchased the A320-family for FSX a long time ago, and I cannot wait to see what you bring for the upcoming flight simulator and everything you have done so far. I hope Microsoft/Asobo will be greatly working together with you as they have done so far in order for you to bring a next-generation product for us to buy.

Also, big point to make; loving ya Mathijs ❤️  

vor 15 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

Ok here is my question. I am interested in buying the boxed version purely for collection purposes. Now I understand that to be able to run the sim on my computer without having to insert the disc every time , I would have to purchase a separate online version (either Microsoft store or steam version).

As far as we know you will be able to upgrade the download version. As we do not sell that one however, I can not reply with certainty. The boxed version can not be upgraded.

Heisst das also für mich, der die "Premium Deluxe Box-Version" bestellt habe, dass ich jedesmal zum Spielen die DVD einlegen muss oder kann ich nach der Installation den Simulator auch ohne DVD direkt vom Rechner aus starten?
Beim FSX gab es eine exe-Datei, die einen Start auch ohne DVD ermöglichte.

• Aerosoft
14 hours ago, Stewart said:

Thanks for your answer Mathijs. can you tell me please  

Is there any difference in the contents of the box between the basic disc version and the premium deluxe disc version apart from the data on the discs themselves?

Well the deluxe version has the artbook...

• Aerosoft
10 hours ago, amahran said:

I hope some easier development tools are available for users to build their own "addons" without difficult uptake. Not sure if Aerosoft can comment on that just yet, though, given the NDA in place.

If anything I think you have to assume it will be more complex.  In almost any way every development for the new sim will be standard games development. From a niche product it has transformed to really a modern game (sorry, simulator).

vor 27 Minuten, wolfmoeck sagte:

Heisst das also für mich, der die "Premium Deluxe Box-Version" bestellt habe, dass ich jedesmal zum Spielen die DVD einlegen muss oder kann ich nach der Installation den Simulator auch ohne DVD direkt vom Rechner aus starten?
Beim FSX gab es eine exe-Datei, die einen Start auch ohne DVD ermöglichte.

With the online check at every MSFS start that may be not possible, at least you risk an deactivation of your licence if you use a no-dvd-crack.

I'm still shaking my head in disbelief over this daft decision of MS.

Zusatzfrage:

vor 17 Minuten, mlinecker sagte:

With the online check at every MSFS start that may be not possible, at least you risk an deactivation of your licence if you use a no-dvd-crack.

I'm still shaking my head in disbelief over this daft decision of MS.

Zusatzfrage:

Und wenn ich die Download-Version kaufen würde, hätte ich dieses "handycap" nicht und könnte immer vom PC aus direkt starten?  --  Wäre schon seltsam.

vor 39 Minuten, wolfmoeck sagte:

Zusatzfrage:

Und wenn ich die Download-Version kaufen würde, hätte ich dieses "handycap" nicht und könnte immer vom PC aus direkt starten?  --  Wäre schon seltsam.

Yes it is - simply because there is no DVD for putting in a drive! :)

Logisch.

Stellt sich mir die Frage- was ist besser? Runterladen oder Box-Version (mit Handbuch). Lohnt sich das wegen des Handbuchs bzw. des Umstandes, dass ich danach jedesmal die DVD einlegen muss?

Ich gehe mal davon aus, dass die Dateigröße der Anwendung auf der Festplatte in beiden Fällen in etwa gleich ist, wobei das aber kein Kriterium wäre.

PS: Derzeit habe ich die Box-Version bestellt, kann das aber noch ändern.

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Well the deluxe version has the artbook...

Thanks Mathijs. I, think I will play it safe and order two premium deluxe copies. One download and one box. That way I know I can get everything including the art book and still not have to worry about having to insert the dvd every time on start up. Plus it helps support both Aerosoft and the developers so win win! :)

• Deputy Sheriffs
14 minutes ago, wolfmoeck said:

Logisch.

Stellt sich mir die Frage- was ist besser? Runterladen oder Box-Version (mit Handbuch). Lohnt sich das wegen des Handbuchs bzw. des Umstandes, dass ich danach jedesmal die DVD einlegen muss?

Ich gehe mal davon aus, dass die Dateigröße der Anwendung auf der Festplatte in beiden Fällen in etwa gleich ist, wobei das aber kein Kriterium wäre.

PS: Derzeit habe ich die Box-Version bestellt, kann das aber noch ändern.

Please stick to english so that others benefit from your posts.

And be aware that you always need to be online to get the conent that can not be delivered via DVD.

vor 40 Minuten, wolfmoeck sagte:

Logisch.

I only answered to your question:

vor 1 hour , wolfmoeck sagte:

Und wenn ich die Download-Version kaufen würde, hätte ich dieses "handycap" nicht und könnte immer vom PC aus direkt starten?

If it is logical for you, why did you ask that?!

vor 19 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

I do not think it was vague, but totally missing! I think these questions should be asked to Microsoft and not Aerosoft.

Will  answer 4 though. As far as we are aware it will be available to anybody.  Microsoft and Asobo want this to be a fully open platform.

Thanks Mathijs ,

but what is your answer for my question 1 to 3 and 5 ?

Do I ask for to much ? I think you must know which file formats are being used for the models in MSFS and what are the 3D tools to develop it . True ?

Or is that a NDA item ? 

Regarding my question 4 : I wanted to know if the SDK is part of the initial delivery on Aug 18ths and if not what are the is the plans to make it available ?

Thanks      

Archived