>> Aerosoft official retail partner for Microsoft Flight Simulator <<

• Administrator
vor 15 Minuten, mrseat1a sagte:

Hi I want to order the premium deluxe box version, but I do not want to install using the DVDs. Does the box come with a serial key that I can download digitally and install?

I am only buying the box as a collectors item. I have no interest in using the DVDs. 
Please confirm I will be able to download the digital version and use the serial key in the box to activate. 

Thank you, 

No, this is not possible.
There is no download key inside the box.

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello,
I do not have a DVD drive and had to choose the download version, but I would also like to have the accompanying book.
Is it already known if you can order the book for the MFS2020 separately?
Thanks MfG
CFG874 Bernd

I think it would be good if the United states could have flight sim 2020 available on disk for those of us that do not have fast enough internet to down load this. What happens if I buy the disks from Europe will it run in United States?

• Deputy Sheriffs
40 minutes ago, gucc3301 said:

I think it would be good if the United states could have flight sim 2020 available on disk for those of us that do not have fast enough internet to down load this. What happens if I buy the disks from Europe will it run in United States?

Please keep in mind that all distribution and licensing rules are made by Microsoft and Aerosoft has zero influence on that.  The disks have no „country code“ (like some DVDs). But they can only be shipped within Europe.

I have searched this thread concerning the installation of the boxed version - will I be able to force MFS2020 to install all discs onto an internal SSD disc of 500GB and run it from there instead of  the C-disc?

Åke

11 hours ago, Akki said:

I have searched this thread concerning the installation of the boxed version - will I be able to force MFS2020 to install all discs onto an internal SSD disc of 500GB and run it from there instead of  the C-disc?

Åke

I'd like too to know the answer to this - or if it'll be possible to record an image of the DVD #1 since it has to be present in the drive each time the sim is started, which is a bit baffling.

10 hours ago, Fabri91 said:

I'd like too to know the answer to this - or if it'll be possible to record an image of the DVD #1 since it has to be present in the drive each time the sim is started, which is a bit baffling.

This is a baffling decision from Microsoft indeed... I mean I am grateful that they do a physical release in this day and age when PC gaming is almost completely digital, but I didn't expect them to redo the exact same experience like it's 2004 all over again, with dvd check every time you play. Pc users have had 16 years of Steam convenience in the meantime... This will become very annoying, very fast for someone like me who plays a lot of short sessions every day. I do have an external dvd drive, and I do use it once in a blue moon when I need to access old family pictures and videos that I still keep on dvd: it's very slow, very loud and freezes too many damn times.

I hope this requirement can be revoked by Microsoft later, with an update, if enough people complain about it. It's not unheard of, to remove such DRM checks in later updates, other game developers who put Denuvo in their games removed it later. It's not like someone can play the physical game without a Microsoft account anyway... And if I remember correctly, games like Fallout and GTA that used the infamous "Games For WIndows Live" also removed it when it became obsolete. Now, the question is, will there be any pressure on Microsoft to do this? It really depends on how many physical copies will be sold. As a physical pc game collector since... forever, buying the boxed game is not even in question, but I sure hope I'm not being punished for doing so... or "subtly" pushed to make a second, digital purchase so I can actually play the game by 2020 standards.

• Aerosoft

Sorry,  was out for a few days, even I need 4 days of vacation a year, lol.

The 'core simulator' is installed in a location selected by Microsoft (we do not know the exact size but it is not very large). However as has been shown here you can move that later.

The 'content' can be installed in a location of your choice (this is around 90 Gb).

7 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Sorry,  was out for a few days, even I need 4 days of vacation a year, lol.

The 'core simulator' is installed in a location selected by Microsoft (we do not know the exact size but it is not very large). However as has been shown here you can move that later.

The 'content' can be installed in a location of your choice (this is around 90 Gb).

Great thanks for this clear answer. Yes, I saw the input about an App doing the transfere possible, I thought there was away around it. Let´s talk about it again when we have the boxes on the table 😄 

Åke

• Administrator
vor 1 minute, Atlan_Gonozal sagte:

How about the Saitek Panels, are they supported by the new FS?

According to Microsoft the following Logitech-Saitek products are compatible: Extreme 3D Pro Joystick, Flight Rudder Pedals, Flight Throttle Quadrant, Flight Yoke System, X52, X52 Pro, X56 H.O.T.A.S (s. https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015204020-Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-Pre-order-FAQ)

• Administrator
vor 3 Minuten, Atlan_Gonozal sagte:

Thank you.

Unfortunately, these are all Joysticks or Pedals. What i mean, is the "Radio Panel" or the "Multipanel". It seems, that these devices are not supported...

I am sure Microsoft will confirm further products soon, but currently that´s all we can share.

They are running via (payware) SPAD.neXt based on Simconnect. Not all functions are working properly yet, but are expected upon release. There's also another (free) program AsixAndOhs by Lorby which runs them. 

Basically, both have even support the FIPs (Flight Instrument Panels).

Besides, Logitech is expected to publish native drivers for MSFS which, however, are not available yet.

Kind regards, Michael 

Hi

I hope I haven't missed a reply to below question somewhere in this thread.

FS 2020 comes with a certain amount of airports that I assume are faaar more detailed than what the P3D/FSX Add on sceneries offers regardless of provider.

1 But what about the FS 2020 generic airports, how would you say that the quality of those are?

2 Will Aerosoft's sceneries be available in that 3:rd party store and if so, what sceneries will then be there. And what about all the other add-on scenery providers, will their previous work be available there as well?

And almost the same questions as the previous ones but regarding aircrafts

3 I assume the the built in aircrafts like 747-8, A320neo etc are at least just as detailed as the e.g. Aeorsoft's A330 professional  or?

4 And also, will Aerosoft offer their aircrafts in that 3:rd party shop like the A330 which is not part of the built in aircrafts.

E.g. I assume there should be a B737 in that 3:rd party shop  as it's not part of the built in aircrafts

So in conclusion what is the status of that 3:rd party shop.

Mats

vor 21 Stunden , pmb sagte:

They are running via (payware) SPAD.neXt based on Simconnect. Not all functions are working properly yet, but are expected upon release. There's also another (free) program AsixAndOhs by Lorby which runs them. 

Basically, both have even support the FIPs (Flight Instrument Panels).

Besides, Logitech is expected to publish native drivers for MSFS which, however, are not available yet.

Kind regards, Michael 

Ah, thank you, sounds good und give me hope, that i can use my Saitek-Panels in future.

• Aerosoft
13 hours ago, mseder said:

Hi

I hope I haven't missed a reply to below question somewhere in this thread.

FS 2020 comes with a certain amount of airports that I assume are faaar more detailed than what the P3D/FSX Add on sceneries offers regardless of provider.

1 But what about the FS 2020 generic airports, how would you say that the quality of those are?

2 Will Aerosoft's sceneries be available in that 3:rd party store and if so, what sceneries will then be there. And what about all the other add-on scenery providers, will their previous work be available there as well?

And almost the same questions as the previous ones but regarding aircrafts

3 I assume the the built in aircrafts like 747-8, A320neo etc are at least just as detailed as the e.g. Aeorsoft's A330 professional  or?

4 And also, will Aerosoft offer their aircrafts in that 3:rd party shop like the A330 which is not part of the built in aircrafts.

E.g. I assume there should be a B737 in that 3:rd party shop  as it's not part of the built in aircrafts

So in conclusion what is the status of that 3:rd party shop.

Mats

0. No, the high def default airports should be compared to high end add-on airport of 5 years back.  Damned good but there are certainly improvements possible.

1. Hard to quantify, but they are basic for sure. I would say 4 times the objects of default P3d/FSX airports

2. I can only speak for our products but we will try to sell our add-ons via our own shop, our affiliate shops and via the build in Flight Store.

3. Absolutely not. They are rather basic, low system depth. They are great for beginners to get a good idea of how that type of aircraft flies. The smaller aircraft are more comparable with add-ons but still more basic.

4. Yes we will offer aircraft add-ons for the new sim.

With the Steam version now having been released (for pre-order), does anyone have any details on how that version will differ to the microsoft store version?

I preordered the microsoft store version, but as I own most of my games on steam I would like to preorder it on there. Are there any downsides to the steam version?

Thanks in advance

Anton

• Deputy Sheriffs
8 minutes ago, Anton M-E said:

With the Steam version now having been released, does anyone have any details on how that version will differ to the microsoft store version?

I preordered the microsoft store version, but as I own most of my games on steam I would like to preorder it on there. Are there any downsides to the steam version?

Thanks in advance

Anton

Any link? Dont see anything on Steam regarding the MFS.

11 minutes ago, Anton M-E said:

With the Steam version now having been released, does anyone have any details on how that version will differ to the microsoft store version?

Thanks in advance

Anton

Don't spread fake news, Steam has not released any MSFS version. They have the same presale as others.

• Deputy Sheriffs
18 minutes ago, Anton M-E said:

Are there any downsides to the steam version?

Ask Steam or Microsoft. Aerosoft got nothing to do with Steam. ;)

Thanks for all this info Mathjis. 

1 So then what FS 2020 offers is not about aircrafts and airport sceneries but the amazing general graphics/realityfeeling plus other things of course.
2 So this means that if you really care for detailed airports and in depth functionality for the aircrafts like yours, PMDG or Qualitywings 787, you're back to square one, like with FSX, a pretty costsome journey investing in add-ons (mods)?
3 Then maybe it's a good idea not buying the premium version of FS2020 as the extra number of at least aircrafts will not pay-off while the sceneries ("high end add-on airport of 5 years back") might do.
4 Do I have any kind of use for all the Aerosoft sceneries or aircrafts I've bought for the FSX? Are they convertable, is there a costreduction etc?
5 Can you reveal how many of your existing sceneries and aircrafts will be converted/new and available for sale from august?

Mats

Archived