>> Aerosoft official retail partner for Microsoft Flight Simulator <<

8 minutes ago, mopperle said:

Any source for this promise? And have you asked this at the Microsoft  Flightsimulator page?

While I understand the disappointment of some people regarding the online "mode", I do not understand the discussion here. The rules are made by Microsoft and not by Aerosoft. So talk to Microsoft and stop this discussion here as it doesnt lead to anything.

You are completely right. Unfortunately there isn't anyone at the other end of the line at Microsoft. Their official forums, which would be the proper place, have been announced to become available "SOON" for more than a year now.

Kind regards, Michael

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Mathijs Kok dear Sir. The "keep one DVD always in the drive" is unfortunately a big no go for me. Since my internet is very very slow (DSL18 in Germany) I wanted to spare me the time to DL the entire 10 DL DVD package which would have taken me several days.

I have a small girls at home that usualy "plays" with the DVD drive a lot. Also the fact that I have to get the box every time when I fire up the sim is not very convenient.

Since I ordered the BOX on 14.07 from your shop you guys either:

1. Try to reason with MS so that the KEY equals a digital DL -or-

2. You guys change my order from BOX to digital DL -or-

3. I will have to ask for a refund

Hope you guys can understand.

Thank you.

51 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

No problem GEK, none what so ever. There are multiple versions of the sim and multiple ways of buying it. If one is easier than the other for you, do select that one. We sell all versions, boxed and download.

I just send an e-mail to Aerosoft to cancel my pre-order of the boxed Premium version of MSFS because of the mandatory DVD in drive issue. But now I read that you also sell the download version. But when I click on download version I get redirected to the Microsoft site. Can you clearify this ? If you also sell the download version I don't have to cancel but mayby can simply change my order to the download version ?

Vor 1 Stunde, Mathijs Kok sagte:

We sell all versions, boxed and download.

I'm also a bit confused by this statement. In your Shop there is the Boxed version and underneath the DL version with the only clickable button "Buy directly from Microsoft".

Cant we just make an copy (ISO) of our personal discs and mount it?

You have a digital copy you can always use, and have the physical disk as backup.

I mean Windows supports it natively these days you just have to store the iso file somewhere.

Just now, CheeseInTheSky said:

Cant we just make an copy (ISO) of our personal discs and mount it?

You have a digital copy you can always use, and have the physical disk as backup.

I mean Windows supports it natively these days you just have to store the iso file somewhere.

Depends if they have used any clever protection. I doubt it so probably yes. 

I do this for X-Plane 11 since I bought the disc version of that. I just have Disk 1 ripped as an ISO and I can mount it whenever I want to play.

Thank you Mathijs for your clear explanation from last Sunday as of above.

I see the possibilities, not the problems with the new Microsoft Flight simulator. I have lived through all of them starting with Bruce Artwick back in 1980-ies and know  for sure there will be updatings and improvements, so also with the boxed version/key issue.

Believe me. And I know that Aerosoft will contribute with excellent addons in the future.

Åke

• Administrator
vor 11 Stunden , Feist sagte:

But now I read that you also sell the download version. But when I click on download version I get redirected to the Microsoft site.

vor 11 Stunden , GEK_the_Reaper sagte:

I'm also a bit confused by this statement. In your Shop there is the Boxed version and underneath the DL version with the only clickable button "Buy directly from Microsoft".

Correct, perhabs written a little bit too vaguely.
On our site you have the possibility to choose between the box and the download.
The download option is linked to the Microsoft store. We do NOT sell the download version directly, just forward you to the Microsoft store.

Hi  Mathijs,

a general question concerning the new Sim:

I own about 800€ worth of Aerosoft Add-Ons for FSX (90% Boxed Versions). Will there be any chance to use them with the new Sim in the future? 

Cheers, Stephen

• Deputy Sheriffs

MFS is a brand new technology, so do not expect any compatibility with addons based on a over 15 year old technology.

And this applies to all addons, not only Aerosoft.

One question- can I install the boxed version ( which I have ordered) on a SSD 500GB as a separate disc ( not windows C:/  -disc) ) and run MFS2020 from there?

On 7/14/2020 at 5:35 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

The 'sim' part has indeed a fixed location as any MS Store product (that said you can move it afterwards, pretty clever stuff, Windows Store Apps got a undeserved bad reputation, the system is very solid these days, easily as good as Steam for example). The 'content' can be installed somewhere else to your choice. I run it from my home server actually where all my P3D aircraft and scenery is stored. With 10Gb networking and cheap SSD storage that is nearly as fast as storing it on my own SSD.

Exactly how shall I understand this- direct install to a separate disc OR move it from C disc to another location with an App? Sorry my english isnt native

2 hours ago, Akki said:

Exactly how shall I understand this- direct install to a separate disc OR move it from C disc to another location with an App? Sorry my english isnt native

Should be the first option: it's possible to move installed applications directly from inside Windows' settings:

Please login to display this image.

Mathijs,

I understand you had some serious talks with the devs of Asobo. Have you discussed the possibilities for (serious) cockpit builders and can you reveal what's in store for them?? Multiple screens (or projectors) are not available yet but are they considering to support this side of the market? What about supporting IO cards like Bodnar, Phidgets and Pokeys?

Best regards,

JWS

24 minutes ago, JWS said:

Mathijs,

I understand you had some serious talks with the devs of Asobo. Have you discussed the possibilities for (serious) cockpit builders and can you reveal what's in store for them?? Multiple screens (or projectors) are not available yet but are they considering to support this side of the market? What about supporting IO cards like Bodnar, Phidgets and Pokeys?

Best regards,

JWS

A couple of months ago in a vid Asobo stated that multi monitor is supported. They even tested MSFS in a Cessna like real size home cockpit ..

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, JWS said:

I did have very serious talks with the developers. Super nice people.  But at this moment I do not believe there is a lot shared about this part and I do not believe it a high priority for Asobo and Microsoft. They are making a new platform for PC and XBox, and while the most certainly have the high end simmers like you obviously are in mind, the priority is on getting the base done. A base (hopefully) for many times more simmers then there are now.  Nobody knows what Microsoft is investing in this project, but I believe the term ' a shit load'  is not far from the mark. To break even they have to sell a hell of a lot of copies (which we love!). Do not compare that to Lockheed and P3D. We are talking different scales.

Again, I know from experience that all the devs at Asobo love hardcore flight simming and they WILL deliver. I just would expect that to be initially. That is just my impression though. 

@ GSalden: This is what Mathijs said:

On 7/14/2020 at 4:58 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

On news about features like multi-monitor, VR etc you will have to wait until there is an announcement from Microsoft.

@ Mathijs: Thanks for sharing.  Well, I tried to get into contact with them to bring this up, but did not succeed. Should you have another talk with the devs, bringing this to heir attention would be much appreciated. Loving hard core flight simming does not per se mean being into cockpit building.

Best regards

JWS

• Aerosoft

Indeed, as far as I know, nothing has been officially announced on that (also not on multi-monitor!). So I would not assume any of this is in the first release. 

As I said before, this is not FS2020, this is Microsoft Flight Simulator. A completely new platform, not an update. 

hello all.. very exited for the new flight simulator 2questions:

1. how can i buy the disk version of the premium deluxe for pc?

2. con i order & you will send it to israel? (as far as i know we do not have a store from your company in our country..)

thank you very much for the replied answer..

have a great days.. see you in the skies....

thank you

• Aerosoft
3 hours ago, Parkerguy123456 said:

If I end getting my hands on a physical version will it work in the US? Is Aerosoft the only place online that sells them?

It should work and at this moment we are the only ones making boxed copies. They will be widely available in retail in most European countries

Archived