>> Aerosoft official retail partner for Microsoft Flight Simulator <<

After installing the boxed version, is it required to keep one of the discs in  the DVD drive for authentication reasons? With the risk of getting it damaged/cracked over time (just like XP11).

I am more than willing to buy the boxed version, but it would be nice to keep it in (nearly) pristine condition.

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Hans Hartmann said:

The simulator is always multi-language. There are no language-specific versions.

Thank you for the answer, but I was obviously referring to the Artbook and the box of the game. I know that the games can be installed in most language since you download 90 % of it anyway.

And you haven't answered this question :

May we know when the physical version will be available for Pre-order on Amazon ?

• Aerosoft

Gents, there are some questions here we are unable, unwilling or not allowed to answer at this moment. All of the information will be filled in before release. 

Do not hesitate to ask, but don't be upset when there is no reply.

On 7/17/2020 at 7:46 AM, teaarmy said:

Same for me, i'd love to have the box to put it next to FSX and FS2004! My internet is faster than installing from DVD so Iam hoping for the pure download option with the MSFS key inside the box.... and when its not possible, I should try if my DVD drive works after years of not using it ^^

Same here😊👌

22 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Gents, there are some questions here we are unable, unwilling or not allowed to answer at this moment. All of the information will be filled in before release. 

I presume you are referring to my questions. And I respect and understand that. Thank you

However, I think you can tell me in which language the artbook and the case of the box will be ? 🙂

29 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

If I am correct the first shipment is English/German but I will confirm this.

Ok, thank you.

On 16.7.2020 at 12:29, Mathijs Kok sagte:

As far as I know at this moment you get the same key as used for the pure download version.

Hello Mathijs,

dont wanna be annoying, but any news on that one?

Would like to pre-order sooner than later 🙂

Best Regards

Marcus

• Deputy Sheriffs
11 hours ago, sooner said:

Hello Mathijs,

dont wanna be annoying, but any news on that one?

Would like to pre-order sooner than later 🙂

Best Regards

Marcus

On 7/18/2020 at 9:05 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, Tomcat1940 said:

Hi Mathijs,

1. Can the new Sim co-exist with the old FSX on the same system ?

2. Does the new sim support the FSX file formates .mdl and .bgl ? 

Thanks

1. Absolutely

2. That is partly an open question, but I would not expect anything complex to be able to load in the new sim without some work.

Vor 1 Stunde, Mathijs Kok sagte:

You also need a connection to run the simulator (it updates itself at every start when needed).

So if the user is offline for any reason MSFS won't start?

• Developer
Vor 1 Stunde, mlinecker sagte:

So if the user is offline for any reason MSFS won't start?

What would be the point of running a simulator offline that relies heavily on streaming scenery data?

There is an option in the Microsoft Store app which allows to use a PC (1 PC) to run store content while not being online, but I can't tell or promise you that this setting will work with MSFS.

Thanks for the elaborate response, Mathijs.

But concerning point 2: "After you ran the DVD installation, you will be asked to re-insert DVD 1. This will be checked during the activation."

Oke, that is logical and to be expected. But after the installation is completed and finished: will this DVD activation-check happen every time when I start up the sim? Hence, making it mandatory to insert DVD 1 every time when I want to fly?

So, installing the boxed version has the same potential risk as with the boxed XP11 where one ends up with a damaged/cracked DVD over time. Thank you for your clarity on this.

• Aerosoft
7 minutes ago, Peter9725 said:

So, installing the boxed version has the same potential risk as with the boxed XP11 where one ends up with a damaged/cracked DVD over time. Thank you for your clarity on this.

And we have always replaced those.

Vor 1 Stunde, Mathijs Kok sagte:

Yes.

Is there any chance, that we are able to just enter the key at microsoft store and bypass the wohle dvd stuff in the future or is it set like this? I just want the box for my collection, without anything else DVD related :D

A lot of steam games do it perfectly, i buy the box, get the code and then decide if I download or install from DVD... and they don't need the disc because of the steam activation

I don't doubt the willingness or quality of Aerosofts customer service. That is not my point. I just had hoped for a more elegant authentication solution. You yourself stated that the DVDs only contain the installer and content (world & aircraft), but not the actual sim software (= the core of it all). And you do not get the actual sim software before you start the installation.

So, to me, it seems there is not much difference between the download version you buy at the MS Store and the download version you get when installing the boxed version. And since the first does not require a DVD authentication, why the latter should? You 'only' have to marry the boxed content with the downloaded actual sim software. And on that point I had hoped for a more elegant solution.

But if the boxed version key grants me acces to the download version at the MS Store, than that's an option too.

Hello,

I am brand new here and have pre-ordered the MFS.

I am also a beginner for flight simulations.

Here is my concern: According to your forum (English), I was able to learn that the Logitech Yoke System plus Rudder Pedals work with the MFS and are even recommended.

I also bought it because I think it is currently only a few devices are available.

What about the Logitech radio / multi / and switch panel, are they also supported? (I forgot the flight instrument panels, 3.5 inch display)

They are already in stock with me! Since I want to order a small cockpit panel. If they are not supported, I can still return the panels and

save my money.

I look forward to your answers ...

Andy King

(Sorry :google translator)

8 minutes ago, Andy King said:

Hello,

I am brand new here and have pre-ordered the MFS.

I am also a beginner for flight simulations.

Here is my concern: According to your forum (English), I was able to learn that the Logitech Yoke System plus Rudder Pedals work with the MFS and are even recommended.

I also bought it because I think it is currently only a few devices are available.

What about the Logitech radio / multi / and switch panel, are they also supported? (I forgot the flight instrument panels, 3.5 inch display)

They are already in stock with me! Since I want to order a small cockpit panel. If they are not supported, I can still return the panels and

save my money.

I look forward to your answers ...

Andy King

(Sorry :google translator)

You have two options. There is a freeware tool by Lorby and a payware tool SPAD.neXt providing extended possibilities. Here are the corresponding links:

AxisandOhs for MSFS by Lorby https://www.lorby-si.com/downloads.html

SPAD.neXt for MSFS: https://www.spadnext.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=52904&sid=28495817d7ea2a7978ff05c67fa5a9bb

Kind regards, Michael

I'm cancelling my pre-order. Insisting on a DVD be kept in the drive to authenticate every time we want to play is ridiculous. It's 2020 not 1995. I don't mind digging out my USB DVD Drive to install the game but I'm not keeping it plugged in forever.

I really don't see why it couldn't have been just a simple boxed version provided with a digital KEY. Which is what I expected it to be. If I buy the digital download I also can make use of Play Anywhere and be able to play either on XBOX or PC with the same license.

51 minutes ago, Peter9725 said:

I don't doubt the willingness or quality of Aerosofts customer service. That is not my point. I just had hoped for a more elegant authentication solution. You yourself stated that the DVDs only contain the installer and content (world & aircraft), but not the actual sim software (= the core of it all). And you do not get the actual sim software before you start the installation.

So, to me, it seems there is not much difference between the download version you buy at the MS Store and the download version you get when installing the boxed version. And since the first does not require a DVD authentication, why the latter should? You 'only' have to marry the boxed content with the downloaded actual sim software. And on that point I had hoped for a more elegant solution.

But if the boxed version key grants me acces to the download version at the MS Store, than that's an option too.

I already ordered the boxed version but reading that the DVD must be inserted every time I want to fly makes me doubt whether the boxed version is the right choice for me. Is inserting the DVD really mandatory  and not open for discussion ?

I think I read earlier in this topic that a registration key will be provided with the DVD so it doesn't seem to make much sense as a means of copy protection.

vor 3 Stunden , Peter9725 sagte:

Thanks for the elaborate response, Mathijs.

But concerning point 2: "After you ran the DVD installation, you will be asked to re-insert DVD 1. This will be checked during the activation."

Oke, that is logical and to be expected. But after the installation is completed and finished: will this DVD activation-check happen every time when I start up the sim? Hence, making it mandatory to insert DVD 1 every time when I want to fly?

vor 3 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

Yes.

If that is the case, I am cancelling my pre-order of the Premium Deluxe also.

Cmon guys... It is 2020 > DVD check at Install, okay but every time? What is the Key for then?

Regards
Marcus

Archived