>> Aerosoft official retail partner for Microsoft Flight Simulator <<

12 hours ago, GEK_the_Reaper said:

I don't understand your statement.

Payment in advance means that you have to pay before shipment....

Yes, strange... But it seems that this is the correct option...

And for me second question, does anyone have any clues ? Will it be available from other resellers ?

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Deputy Sheriffs

For the DVD version Microsoft names explicitly Aerosoft in their announcement:

Please login to display this image.

1 minute ago, mopperle said:

For the DVD version Microsoft names explicitly Aerosoft in their announcement:

Please login to display this image.

Yes, "European stores". But no information about this on the Aerosoft website.

• Deputy Sheriffs
5 minutes ago, Querer said:

Do the three simulator packages we can buy for the release on August 18th include photoground streaming for free or do customers have to pay for this photoground streaming service (now or later)?

I asked this question on the MFS site and the only answer I got was to check the FAQs. So maybe the more people ask over there, MS might decided to add this to the FAQs

• Deputy Sheriffs
Just now, Judebox said:

Yes, "European stores". But no information about this on the Aerosoft website.

MS wording is often quite ..... MS often sees different languages in a store of the same retailer as "different" stores. But maybe AS might also act as a distributor and not only reseller.

But I'm sure this will be clarified, when time has come.

vor 2 Stunden , cpy sagte:

Are you kidding me? Same picture on every disc? What is this 1990? Take a look at GTA5 discs and be ashamed of yourselves.

Flightsimmers are are more serious group and do not attach importance on such fancy-pantsy design things like console kids do.

BTW: actually they have different layouts. They read "DVD 1", "DVD 2", "DVD 3" ..... on the discs. 

• Deputy Sheriffs
10 hours ago, matti157 said:

But have you considered distributing a blu-ray version? 2 double layer disks would have been enough

Not everybody got a Blu Ray drive and the price for such a drive is a multiple of the price for a DVD drive.

55 minutes ago, mopperle said:

I asked this question on the MFS site and the only answer I got was to check the FAQs. So maybe the more people ask over there, MS might decided to add this to the FAQs

Which, sorry to say, makes me think twice. If photoground streaming is for free and available right from the start for all users, why it is not clearly stated as such? Why is it missing in the FAQ? And why ist the bandwith requirement removed from the requirements list on the official homepage (I know in the FAQ requirements list it is still shown, but this is a months old screenshot)?

For me it is simple: if I learn before August 18th that photoground streaming is included and free, I will buy this sim right away even using pre-order. If not, I wait until it is released and someone can finally shed light on the photoground streaming. To me, it is THE thing that makes the sim attractive, THE thing that does truly differ it from what we had until now and for months it was also THE thing being advertised and shown in previews and now, when the release date is official, suddenly you get no information about this photoground streaming anymore? Why? This is fishy...

• Administrator
vor 13 Stunden , GEK_the_Reaper sagte:

I don't understand your statement.

Payment in advance means that you have to pay before shipment....

Of course you´re right, you have to pay in advance (before shipment) as well.
BUT if you place the order right now, you don´t get charged immediately. You choose the date of the bank transfer.

If you use PayPal or credit card this is not the case, you get charged directly.

• Aerosoft
11 hours ago, matti157 said:

But have you considered distributing a blu-ray version? 2 double layer disks would have been enough

We did, but as DVD drives are getting rare in computers, blu-ray drives have always been rare.

59 minutes ago, mlinecker said:

Flightsimmers are are more serious group and do not attach importance on such fancy-pantsy design things like console kids do.

BTW: actually they have different layouts. They read "DVD 1", "DVD 2", "DVD 3" ..... on the discs. 

If they are so serious why don't they go full digital then? You will need zero day patch to play this anyway.

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, Querer said:

Sorry, but again this is no clear cut statement, so let me ask for it, maybe you are allowed to answer it:

Do the three simulator packages we can buy for the release on August 18th include photoground streaming for free or do customers have to pay for this photoground streaming service (now or later)?

And the best I can say is: 

There isabsolutely no evidence or even a hint that what is offered is time-limited, but if you really fear that, I suggest you simply do not buy the simulator. 

• Aerosoft
1 minute ago, cpy said:

If they are so serious why don't they go full digital then? You will need zero day patch to play this anyway.

Because many people prefer the box (certainly in major parts of Europe you still find large collections of FS-addons in retail stores) and many people have problems downloading 100 Gb. Now they have the option for the boxed or the download version. What can be wrong with that?

• Aerosoft
18 minutes ago, Querer said:

For me it is simple: if I learn before August 18th that photoground streaming is included and free, I will buy this sim right away even using pre-order. 

The access to all content (it is FAR more than just photo material, it is also more detailed mesh, objects, vegetation, vehicle traffic, weather, near real time aircraft traffic etc) IS INCLUDED and IS FREE  and there is not a shred of evidence it will not stay that way. 

Now, that is a statement and I really appreciate it. Finally clear words and not only marketing blabla, I am really grateful for this. It was the missing piece for me to finally go ahead and buy this stuff ;-)

• Aerosoft
1 minute ago, Querer said:

Either I can not make myself clear or you simply continously avoid answering the question, so lets take this only partially relevant "time limitation" out of the equation and ask the (same) question again:

Do the three products available from 18th of August include photoground streaming for free?

I seriously do not get why this is suddenly such a hard question to answer if we were basically overwhelmed by feature series videos over the last month showing nice photoreal ground streamed, it is a known fact that most alpha testers used it and all of the sudden, this simple question can not be answered anymore? Why? A simple "yes" to my bold question above would be sufficient, the fact that this is obviously not possible already tells a lot about the true answer... Proof me wrong, but I start to think that photoreal ground streaming will not be for free...

Again: 

The access to all content (it is FAR more than just photo material, it is also more detailed mesh, objects, vegetation, vehicle traffic, weather, near real time aircraft traffic etc) IS INCLUDED and IS FREE  and there is not a shred of evidence it will not stay that way. 

Yupp, sorry for this post, Mathijs, I just created it and submitted it before I read your answer above, that is why I edited my post right away. I apologize for not reading properly.

Vor 1 Stunde, cpy sagte:

You can still go full digital if you want, just order it at MS directly. I get the box because i have a shitty internet line, its a huge difference if i have to download 100GB or just a few patches.

Thats worth the 10 extra bucks anyway.

• Aerosoft
34 minutes ago, MrMaverick said:

I'm in Canada and would like to buy the physical version, is there any regional issues I could run into like a region lock on the disks or product code?

No, but currently we are not allowed to ship outside Europe unfortunately. When this changes we'll make sure it is made known

• Aerosoft
3 minutes ago, Tom9999999 said:

When I purcase the box version. Will I get a digital licence for Xbox? Or is this for digital purcase only?

As far as I know at this moment you get the same key as used for the pure download version.

Archived