>> Aerosoft official retail partner for Microsoft Flight Simulator <<

On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2020 at 7:56 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

3. Optional online streamed content (this is an optional part of the sim)

That is the most important part and I hope you can clarify: does this mean that the DL and boxed version, no matter if premium or basic, comes without the streamed photoground? If yes, does using those "optional online streamed" content result in more costs, like a monthly fee to be paid? And does "optional online streamed content" include online live weather and live traffic? Questions over questions...

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Yes and yes!

Does this mean that with the serial key you can register the product in the Windows store so you could also download it from there?

Yes, and exactly everything that has to do with "streaming" is not mentioned. At least the FAQ lists again the bandwith as system requirements, something that is missing on the requirement list on the main page of MFS. Still the question remains: is the streaming of the photoground included in the simulator we can buy on 18.8.2020 or is it a separate service with additional costs?

• Deputy Sheriffs

I know, and IMHO MS is posting quite strange things there like "integrated keyboard and integrated mouse", so obviously you can play it only with a notebook. :D

• Aerosoft
2 hours ago, Querer said:

That is the most important part and I hope you can clarify: does this mean that the DL and boxed version, no matter if premium or basic, comes without the streamed photoground? If yes, does using those "optional online streamed" content result in more costs, like a monthly fee to be paid? And does "optional online streamed content" include online live weather and live traffic? Questions over questions...

The boxed and download versions are 100% the same.  Without online streaming it is clear the whole world will not be covered in high resolution photo. That would mean not 10 DVD's but thousands of DVD's. It is just a simpler world.  Obviously weather and live traffic are streamed from the MS servers, how else could they get to your system? We do not know of any additional cost to be paid for the online sections of the sim. 

I suggest you watch some of the fine video's on YT about the new sim, a lot of being explained and discussed there. 

• Aerosoft
4 hours ago, pmb said:

Just preordered the Premium Deluxe, too. Good initiative from Aerosoft.

Well we do intend to make some money! In fact it is one of the largest projects we have ever handled.  We do have experiences though, we also did the boxed versions of X-Plane 10 and 11.

1 minute ago, mopperle said:

You will only charged when it will be shipped.

Are you sure ? On Credit Card payment I can read "Please mind, that the amount you need to pay by credit card, is debited immediately. "
Do I have to choose "Payment in advance" ?

And will physical editions be only available on Aerosoft website or in others stores too ?

Thx !

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

The boxed and download versions are 100% the same.  Without online streaming it is clear the whole world will not be covered in high resolution photo. That would mean not 10 DVD's but thousands of DVD's. It is just a simpler world.  Obviously weather and live traffic are streamed from the MS servers, how else could they get to your system? We do not know of any additional cost to be paid for the online sections of the sim. 

I suggest you watch some of the fine video's on YT about the new sim, a lot of being explained and discussed there. 

I have seen most if not all preview videos, but as essential questions remain unanswered (partially also due to the NDA...), it is still not clear to me, what we really get included in the price tags for those three variants, if "online services" are optional. To me, this leaves the door wide open for MS to tell every customer of MFS after 18. August, that those services have to be paid extra. Especially if you think about the vast amount of traffic that will be generated if every user is going to stream the photoground from their servers. Hardly believe that this amount of traffic will be offered for free by MS, hardly possible that the services like weather and traffic, both of them using payware services as basic, being offered for free and everything is covered by the sales of the default sim? Could be, but unlikely.

But you already gave one important information: without using those "optional online services", the sim we will get on 18. August will not look even close to what was shown in the previes regarding landscape and scenery. Although this is clear for most of us, it might not for those MS would like to reach out for, the novel simmers, and it might be that they get offended if not absolutely clearly stated in the product description that this lovely scenery you only get by using those "optional online services".

Just saying, I am looking forward to this release, but I somehow fear that those 130€ for the premium version won't be the end of the (financial) story...

• Administrator
Vor 1 Stunde, Judebox sagte:

Are you sure ? On Credit Card payment I can read "Please mind, that the amount you need to pay by credit card, is debited immediately. "
Do I have to choose "Payment in advance" ?

And will physical editions be only available on Aerosoft website or in others stores too ?

Thx !

Only with "payment in advance" you will not get charged immediately.

Unfortunately this is not the case with PayPal, credit card, IDeal and online bank transfer.

If I buy and install this boxed version, would I still have to log in to my sim pc via my microsoft account/login to be able to use MFS? I prefer to use a local login, but the Sim PC doesn't register on the MS Game/FS site unless I'm logged in via my microsoft account. And does it still have to go into the "WindowsApps" folder? (I really hate being told where to put stuff on my PC, and I loathe hidden and protected folders)

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, Querer said:

Just saying, I am looking forward to this release, but I somehow fear that those 130€ for the premium version won't be the end of the (financial) story...

There is not absolutely no evidence or even a hint that what is offered is time-limited, but if you really fear that, I suggest you simply do not buy the simulator. 

• Aerosoft
15 minutes ago, azc60 said:

If I buy and install this boxed version, would I still have to log in to my sim pc via my microsoft account/login to be able to use MFS? I prefer to use a local login, but the Sim PC doesn't register on the MS Game/FS site unless I'm logged in via my microsoft account. And does it still have to go into the "WindowsApps" folder? (I really hate being told where to put stuff on my PC, and I loathe hidden and protected folders)

There is no need whatsoever to link your Windows login to your XBOX login. However if you do not want to use Windows Apps however this is not a product for you because it very much is.  

vor 2 Stunden , Marius Ellenbürger sagte:

Only with "payment in advance" you will not get charged immediately.

Unfortunately this is not the case with PayPal, credit card, IDeal and online bank transfer.

I don't understand your statement.

Payment in advance means that you have to pay before shipment....

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

There is no need whatsoever to link your Windows login to your XBOX login. However if you do not want to use Windows Apps however this is not a product for you because it very much is.  

Thanks for the info Mathijs. I read your reply as saying that there's no difference in the basic environment of MFS if using the boxed version versus the download version apart from the lack of the initial download for the install. In other words, no matter how I get this onto my PC I've got to log in to my microsoft account on my sim pc to "play this game". I guess I'll just have to learn to live with the new approach.

It certainly looks worth putting up with a bit of inconvenience for, and I shall look forward to seeing what Aerosoft and ORBX come up with for the new beast. I've no doubt both of you will present few gems in the months to come.

Hello,

I bought the premium version in the box, as I have all the other Microsoft FS with the old cardboard box or otherwise with the cd\dvd.

In my opinion it's wonderful to have boxes and manuals, they give that something extra

@Mathijs Kok

But have you considered distributing a blu-ray version? 2 double layer disks would have been enough

Are you kidding me? Same picture on every disc? What is this 1990? Take a look at GTA5 discs and be ashamed of yourselves.

Hi,

This seems nice. I have just one question, in the website is not very clear.

Could you tell me what difference are there between the versions, I don't mean the content unlocked in the sim and so on from the Microsoft part... I mean the physical thing that arrives, differences in packaging, content and so on.

So far the only difference I have been able to see is the parts where it says the version (standard vs premium) and it seems in the pictures the deluxe has some kind of book/manual not sure what it is, could you specify the content of each version? There is any other big difference? ( Again, I mean apart from the fact that the code will unlock different things, again I'm just interested in the physical content itself)

Thanks,

13 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

There is not absolutely no evidence or even a hint that what is offered is time-limited, but if you really fear that, I suggest you simply do not buy the simulator. 

Sorry, but again this is no clear cut statement, so let me ask for it, maybe you are allowed to answer it:

Do the three simulator packages we can buy for the release on August 18th include photoground streaming for free or do customers have to pay for this photoground streaming service (now or later)?

Archived