>> Aerosoft official retail partner for Microsoft Flight Simulator <<

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now that we know what Airports will be included I see some great opportunities for AS here. ENGM seems to me like a good first

Airport to go for :)

54 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

It contains a guide to the best installation (where to put what etc), short introduction for new pilots, information about all aircraft. More for beginners then experienced users.

As far as I know boxed owners will not have access to the full download, but of course full access to all the online content, all automatic updates etc. 

Hi Mathijs

Can you confirm if you have either version if you have a choice of where to install the program files to? I thought that as it was a Microsoft Store product that it just went into a default folder?

Many thanks

Simon

• Aerosoft

The 'sim' part has indeed a fixed location as any MS Store product (that said you can move it afterwards, pretty clever stuff, Windows Store Apps got a undeserved bad reputation, the system is very solid these days, easily as good as Steam for example). The 'content' can be installed somewhere else to your choice. I run it from my home server actually where all my P3D aircraft and scenery is stored. With 10Gb networking and cheap SSD storage that is nearly as fast as storing it on my own SSD.

• Aerosoft
26 minutes ago, marcusjm said:

Now that we know what Airports will be included I see some great opportunities for AS here. ENGM seems to me like a good first

Airport to go for :)

Add-on airports are interesting for sure. We have all seen the high def airport in images and videos by now.  They are clearly rather good (I would say as good as top end stuff 4 years back) and this puts the bar pretty high for add-on developers. But that's what so exciting right now. We will have 3 seriously good sims soon. All have their own strengths and issues. But as we said always, we love all serious sims! 

10 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Add-on airports are interesting for sure. We have all seen the high def airport in images and videos by now.  They are clearly rather good (I would say as good as top end stuff 4 years back) and this puts the bar pretty high for add-on developers. But that's what so exciting right now. We will have 3 seriously good sims soon. All have their own strengths and issues. But as we said always, we love all serious sims! 

Yes but you have Jo so you have the advantage here :). I know they also include Frankfurt but I wonder if they can beat your masterpiece.

I hope there are much more to come from AS in any case.

Another plus. Now you start from a higher base as well. Take Reunion for instance, always fun to begin with something good already then perfect it :).

Hello Mr. Kok
Can I program the SID and Stars in the MS flight simulator in the FMC of the aircraft and where do I get the current AIRAC cycle
Ekkehard

56 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Thank you! Good to know!

Edit to say that I've ordered the Premium Deluxe ver from you guys. Could've got a Microsoft Store digital download only but like to support my favourite shop!

Hi Mathis, 

Thank you for this awesome news. As others asked, I would like to get confirmation if the  code included in the box will entitle us to own the fully digital download as well, e.g: in case I misplaced the DVDs, you can just download the full content from MS Store. If that is the case, I would definitely pre-order it, although my internet speed like 100mb but is very unstable, one day I get full speed and other day I get 20% of the speed. 

Regards, Omar 

Hello,

i have two little questions :

- Does box include a serial key ?

- Do you know if the game will be available in multi language like French ? MS does not tell that :(

Thanks you very much !

Hello Mathijs,

As many new PC build do not have any CD-ROM, are you planning on offering a USB version of MSFS ? (even if I understand the price would be higher due to the price of the hardware)...

Thanks,

Greg

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, Gonçalo Carvalho said:

Hi @Mathijs Kok

Do Aerosoft plan to develop or publish add-ons such as sceneries and aircraft for XBOX version?

Yep, in fact we believe that will be a major market. Not for the complex airliners, but if you see how fine the sim works with a standard Xbox controller we have good hopes.

• Aerosoft
1 minute ago, Pao13 said:

Hello Mathijs,

As many new PC build do not have any CD-ROM, are you planning on offering a USB version of MSFS ? (even if I understand the price would be higher due to the price of the hardware)...

Thanks,

Greg

No, these would be seriously more expensive. What we will do is offer a cheapo DVD (USB3) on the shop we have good experiences with. I got one, under $20 and it works brilliantly.  I see where your question comes from, but in the case double layer DVDs simply offer whopping lot of storage for low cost. 

11 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

No, these would be seriously more expensive. What we will do is offer a cheapo DVD (USB3) on the shop we have good experiences with. I got one, under $20 and it works brilliantly.  I see where your question comes from, but in the case double layer DVDs simply offer whopping lot of storage for low cost. 

Wow ! Didn't thinks of the USB3 DVD... good idea 😉 

Does this type of installation (DVD) still require the setup of XBOX Live stuff or is it a seamless install just like FS9 FSX and P3D are?

I have ordered the boxed Premium deLux version from Aerosoft- what is the upside/downside with that compared with the online version from Microsoft if any? It was mentioned in the beginning of this thread but a closer explanation would be great?

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Yes and yes!

Thanks again, Mathijs, this is one of the questions floating around fora and requiring a clear answer.

Kind regards, Michael

• Aerosoft
2 hours ago, JarredP said:

Does this type of installation (DVD) still require the setup of XBOX Live stuff or is it a seamless install just like FS9 FSX and P3D are?

The DVD installer will guide you through that, but it will include an account on XBOX.

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, Akki said:

I have ordered the boxed Premium deLux version from Aerosoft- what is the upside/downside with that compared with the online version from Microsoft if any? It was mentioned in the beginning of this thread but a closer explanation would be great?

The software is the same, you just save downloading 10 double layer DVD in data (and you get a nice manual!)

29 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

The software is the same, you just save downloading 10 double layer DVD in data (and you get a nice manual!)

Thank you Mathjis, clear answer. I will proceed with the ordering.

Ã…ke

Archived