>> Aerosoft official retail partner for Microsoft Flight Simulator <<

Firstly, congratulations for securing the retail box version of Flight Simulator.

I'm very keen to purchase the box version but just want to clarify as i live in England its likely that it wont arrive on release date - would the option be available to download the digital version if i purchase the retail ?

(downloading is not an issue for me,I'm just old school and love having the physical box, artwork etc.)

Regards

Chris

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

can i buy Microsoft Flight Simulator here on store? 

Mod Edit: I took your 28 point font down to the standard (for this site) 14 point. A huge font like you used is considered shouting, just like using all caps.

16 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Sorry it is indeed more, not sure how large, but f you remove all scenery and objects and see just the core sim it will still be relatively small.

thx, 

I`m alpha user since v3..

I understand that at the moment you have a version that is more current than V5 ...  the beta is going to be 30-07 for us (alpha users).. is it the version you have ?

brds 

3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Yes, that is the boxed version. Ten DVD's!

That is sure looking good. Can you describe in a few words what the contents/subjects of the printed guide are ? And will purchasers of the DVD boxed versions also have acces to a downloadable version of the game (through Microsoft or Aerosoft). 

4 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

While we are not willing to share all our plans for MFS products, the Twin Otter will most certainly be one of the six product we have currently scheduled, some of those are already deep in development.

Btw, I know a lot of people thought that the Airbus 320 that is a default aircraft in the simulator was one of ours. This is incorrect, we had nothing to do with that. We enjoyed the rumors though!

But you wouldn't bet against a 330 coming at some point eh ;).

My personal wish is that with Asobos tight communications with Airbus. We can at least start to hope for a 350 in a forseeable future. Personally I hope Aerosoft is first on that ball. At least I hope you look into it.

I look forward to the Twin Otter. Now that the Arctic Circle finally look great I plan to do a lot of flying in those areas.

1 hour ago, Branagan said:

Firstly, congratulations for securing the retail box version of Flight Simulator.

I'm very keen to purchase the box version but just want to clarify as i live in England its likely that it wont arrive on release date - would the option be available to download the digital version if i purchase the retail ?

(downloading is not an issue for me,I'm just old school and love having the physical box, artwork etc.)

Regards

Chris

I too would be interested in knowing the answer to this.

I have ordered the top option and I really will not mind waiting a few days to let users discover what it is like - good or bad.  Regards.

M.

vor 19 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:
  • The world and aircraft delivered by Microsoft, (that content depends on the version (the 'content') that is around 90 GB, this is a mandatory part of the sim.
  • Optional online streamed content (this is an optional part of the sim)

Dear Mr. Kok,

can you share more informations about these 2 points?

I'm concearned about the streamed part since germany is not very well covered with high speed internet (some of us still fight with DSL18).

So what do I get with the scenery part of the boxed version (screenshots or comparison with the current P3D will be helpfull to understand what to expect).

What part of the scenery will have to be streamed?

It's a bit confusing at the time...

Thank you.

BR, Gerald

• Deputy Sheriffs
3 minutes ago, GEK_the_Reaper said:

(screenshots or comparison with the current P3D will be helpfull to understand what to expect).

This video could be helpfull for you

vor 19 Minuten, mopperle sagte:

This video could be helpfull for you

The Q was what can I expect to see without the "streamed content" due to the fact that my internet is so slow?

So how does the sim look only by installing the content of the Boxed version?

The video does not specify if it shows also streamed content or not....

28 minutes ago, GEK_the_Reaper said:

Dear Mr. Kok,

I'm concearned about the streamed part since germany is not very well covered with high speed internet (some of us still fight with DSL18).

So what do I get with the scenery part of the boxed version (screenshots or comparison with the current P3D will be helpfull to understand what to expect).

Thank you.

BR, Gerald

You can choose areas of the world that once downloaded will be cached and available to use offline.

Also i believe you can set how good the scenery is depending on your bandwidth connection - look on youtube for flight simulator episode 1 for more detail

TL:DR - It will look amazing no matter what connection you have

Found the video - https://youtu.be/BZL5PCZO8cc

Congratulations! Good choice.

I have pre-ordered, however with bank transfere. Hope it works from Sweden.

- do you think my Nvidia GTX 750 will manage ( OK, the spec claim atleast 770, is there a big difference?).

Åke

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, Feist said:

That is sure looking good. Can you describe in a few words what the contents/subjects of the printed guide are ? And will purchasers of the DVD boxed versions also have acces to a downloadable version of the game (through Microsoft or Aerosoft). 

It contains a guide to the best installation (where to put what etc), short introduction for new pilots, information about all aircraft. More for beginners then experienced users.

As far as I know boxed owners will not have access to the full download, but of course full access to all the online content, all automatic updates etc. 

• Aerosoft
2 hours ago, Branagan said:

Regards

Chris

As far as I know, if you buy the box you have to start the installation from that, so no access to the full download version. I will confirm this though.

vor 31 Minuten, Branagan sagte:

Found the video

Thank you. This is indeed something I've searched for.

I also have to admit that I kind of hate such comparisons as this guy makes: with 0 internet he shows the city of seattle and with full bandwith he shows Paris....so how on earth would someone see the diference? Why not make the screenshot of the same city with and without internet connection????

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, GEK_the_Reaper said:

Dear Mr. Kok,

It is indeed all a bit new. If you use the sim offline you get a world that looks a LOT better then P3D or X-plane, but you will miss the full high def coverage of the world with a photo base and all that goes with it (correctly placed trees etc etc).  Let's put it this way. I have a 5 Mb line here I would not dream of flying offline. Just too good to miss. MS has discussed an option to download sections and you keep a running buffer on your own hard disk. So if you flown over Manhattan one time, the next time you come there it will load from disk. 

All in all, don't worry too much about that. It all sort of works pretty seamlessly. 

12 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

As far as I know, if you buy the box you have to start the installation from that, so no access to the full download version. I will confirm this though.

Thank you, i look forward to the clarification.

3 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I highly doubt this is true, given how the Microsoft Store works with digital entitlements, the code in the box would give you full access to download the digital version of the game.

During the installation from discs, you will be prompted to sign in with your Microsoft Account, this is so the Microsoft Store knows that you are entitled to the game (and can provide you updates etc), in which case you will own it digitally, just as if you bought it from the Microsoft Store.

I say this knowing how previous physical releases have worked with regards to the Microsoft Store.

• Aerosoft
41 minutes ago, GEK_the_Reaper said:

The Q was what can I expect to see without the "streamed content" due to the fact that my internet is so slow?

So how does the sim look only by installing the content of the Boxed version?

Hard to describe of course, but if you look at FSX -> P3D V4 -> P3D V5 you see almost a doubling of the world data with each new sim. MFS, with just the offline content follows, in my opinion, that line pretty much. It's a lot better then P3D V5. Not as good as with online content though! You can use offline content with 5 MB connection with a few tricks and a short pause before you see the sim when you start on a complex airport. With a 25 MB connection you hardly notice it at all. 

As I said before, don't worry too much about this. 

13 minutes ago, RandyGiles said:

I highly doubt this is true, given how the Microsoft Store works with digital entitlements, the code in the box would give you full access to download the digital version of the game.

During the installation from discs, you will be prompted to sign in with your Microsoft Account, this is so the Microsoft Store knows that you are entitled to the game (and can provide you updates etc), in which case you will own it digitally, just as if you bought it from the Microsoft Store.

I say this knowing how previous physical releases have worked with regards to the Microsoft Store.

I hope you are right so that us buying the boxed version from Aerosoft are not disqualified. Also would like to know if it is VR capable.

Archived