Aerosoft - Mega Airport Oslo V2.0(1.1.4.0) textures missing

lulu47

Hi,

Installing version 1.1.4.0 for P3d V4 (I use P3d V4.3, with only P3d textures, so no ORBX, no Norway FTX) with of course administrator rights and after deleting previous version V113, I have now with this version black runways, black gates ground, no docking system (I have VDGS pack installed and SODE latest version 1.7.1), it seems that some textures are missing, I reinstalled 3 times but same result! With all of other airport scenery everythings is normal, never have this before. Please see pictures in attachment...

Any Idea?

Daniel

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Are you sure that you have used the correct installer? There are separate ones for FSX/P3D, P3Dv4 and v5

Yes, absolutely, this one: (AS_MEGA-AIRPORT-OSLO-2.0_P3DV4_V1140.zip - 17.06.2020 15:18:00 | 356 MB)

Strange thing is that the size of the P3DV5 installer is exactly the same that the one for P3DV4, 356 MB !

Maybe that in the download section, something is wrong?

• Deputy Sheriffs

No, just downloaded the v4 version (v5 is the same except different paths) installed it in P3Dv4.5 and all is looking good:

I don't have P3DV4.5, I use the 4.3 version, maybe the installer for P3DV4 is not made for P3DV4.3. It seems that the difference comes from here...

• Deputy Sheriffs

Have you uninstalled the old version? Or manually deleted?

There is a lot called via SODE, if you still have the old SODE xml files and the old simobjects in the main simobjects/misc folder it might be possible to get this result. As with only manually deleting the Oslo addon folder you removed the textures.

So old stuff might be overlaying the new install.

I have uninstalled via the uninstal.exe, as it should.

I will check the other options that you mention tommorrow morning, I'll keep you advise...

• Deputy Sheriffs

It could also be, that 4.3 is not supported, as the update was most likely compiled with the 4.5 SDK.

So I advice to upgrade to 4.5HF3.

I think indeed that the V4.3 is not supported. An upgrade to V4.5 is not interresting, it's just a few minor changes in P3D. I will upgrade next year directly to V5, more interresting, a lot of changes and improvements...

For now, I will revert back to ENGM V113 which is working fine.

Many thanks for your help, both of you.

Have a very good day

Daniel

• Deputy Sheriffs
5 minutes ago, lulu47 said:

I think indeed that the V4.3 is not supported. An upgrade to V4.5 is not interresting, it's just a few minor changes in P3D. I will upgrade next year directly to V5, more interresting, a lot of changes and improvements...

For now, I will revert back to ENGM V113 which is working fine.

Many thanks for your help, both of you.

Have a very good day

Daniel

The 4.4 introduced PBR support....and for some addons now mandatory.

Up to 4.5HF3 that are free updates.

Archived