CRJ Professional Frozen V2200 P3dV4.5 Part II

• Developer

The problem with the frozen CRJ (black displays, yoke deflected fully left) seems to have been solved for most people by adding navigraphOIDC.dll to the P3D main folder: navigraphOIDC.7z

However, who still have the problem. Please post here if you do (and please only then!), so we can try to figure out how to get it to work for you as well.

Replacing the DLL just led to the issue of the CRJ crashing P3D when attempting to load it into the sim. Previous to this I had the deflected yoke and black screens. 

Hi guys.......I have the same issue...installed update yesterday......frozen cockpit......deinstalled it......reinstalled 2.0......also frozen.......I will check this topic probably this evening.

I can recommend PARAGON BACKUP free utility to safe your complete system.

In the past, I also had a lot of problems after installing updates and my P3D4.5 was crashing.

Every week, I make a back up - 1 hour - and after I have a system crash of my sim, I play in my last backup from my external hard drive - 1,5 hours - and P3D is working again without any problems.

In the meantime, I enjoy some beers....;-) to calm down....;-)

Probably this will help some of you......kind wishes....and stay healthy....Markus

Thanks a lot Hans, the new update seems to have fixed the issue and the CRJ is now operable in my sim for the first time in months! :)

I also tried your Navigraph file. But no luck. I also have the older CRJ 700\900X  and the CRJ Pro The CRJX works except the ignition doesn't work. So i start through the ready to taxi aircraft state. 

In my CRJ pro i have the same problem , a dead cockpit and the wheel in the full left position , yet the CRJX is fine, except the ignition issue. 

• Developer

The differences between CRJ Pro and CRJX are the following

• CRJ Pro requires NGConnect.dll and navigraphOIDC.dll in the P3D main folder (part of the CRJ installer)
  • CRJ Pro uses Visual C++ 2019 runtime / CRJX uses Visual C++ 2017 runtime (both part of the CRJ installer)
  • CRJ Pro uses XAudio2 2.9 (part of Windows 10) / CRJX uses XAudio2 2.7 (part of Windows 7 and higher)
  • CRJ Pro requires Windows 10  / CRJX requires Windows 7 (plus some update, but I have forgotten which one)

These are the differences. Of course all the things that are listed, are either installed by the CRJ Pro installer or are already part of the operating system. But as we learned, it sometimes happens, that things get uninstalled that shouldn't be.

yes i know your correct. I once did a complete, sweep of the hard drive a couple years ago to get the CRJ to work . I copied my hard drive to another . My issue at the time was the wheel stuck to the left. 

After the clean Windows install CRJ was fine. My system is brand new, ill just use the CRJx for now until i switch to P3D 5 then ill do a complete windows reinstall 

I just installed the Version 2.21. I can now use the CRJ Pro. i still need to use the ready to start configuration, in the Aircraft state to get the ignition to work. The APU works ,not the ignition. 

if i press ready to start, the igition lights up and i can start the engines. Thank you.

• Developer

2.2.0.1 copies the ngconnect.dll and navigraphOIDC.dll into the P3D main folder. It's very likely that either one of the two was missing or was an old version. Unfortunately, there's no good version control in place for the navigraphOIDC.dll and different add-ons might use different versions. We (Qualitywings and myself) already brought the topic up with Navigraph but we have to wait until their developer returns from his vacation.

• 2 weeks later...

I have tried pretty much all the things listed in those threads and more:

reinstalled v2.0.0.0

uninstalled the Qwings 787, then reinstalled the CRJ

same in reverse

replaced the navigraphOIDC.dll with the newer one

did a complete reinstall of P3D

scrubbed the remaining config files left after running the uninstaller, then reinstalled

repaired all the installed C++ libraries (the most recent one seemed to need it, based on duration)

scrubbed leftover registry keys, then reinstalled 2.0.0.0

and.....dark cockpit again.

There's clearly something left somewhere.

Could we get a spreadsheet or a Visio chart of all the files that are installed by V2.2.0.0?

Also, it would be nice to be able to download previous versions, not just the very last one as I don't have V5 yet.

v2.0.0.0 worked perfectly before, I'd like to get it back.

37 minutes ago, QKB4J said:

I have tried pretty much all the things listed in those threads and more:

reinstalled v2.0.0.0

uninstalled the Qwings 787, then reinstalled the CRJ

same in reverse

replaced the navigraphOIDC.dll with the newer one

did a complete reinstall of P3D

scrubbed the remaining config files left after running the uninstaller, then reinstalled

repaired all the installed C++ libraries (the most recent one seemed to need it, based on duration)

scrubbed leftover registry keys, then reinstalled 2.0.0.0

and.....dark cockpit again.

There's clearly something left somewhere.

Could we get a spreadsheet or a Visio chart of all the files that are installed by V2.2.0.0?

Also, it would be nice to be able to download previous versions, not just the very last one as I don't have V5 yet.

v2.0.0.0 worked perfectly before, I'd like to get it back.

Have you installed 2.2.0.1? Hans put a fix in that that resolved this issue for several people 

Well there it is. Windows 10 is a requirement for the RJ Pro.

https://www.aerosoft.com/en/flight-simulation/prepar3d-v4/aircraft/2871/crj-professional

I'm guessing the fact it worked with version 2 was down to luck more than anything. 

Short of Aerosoft being willing to hand back over a v2.0 to you (if they even have it) and it working a second time (no guarantees), I'm sorry to say you're stuck in a hard place being on windows 8. 

Sorry to say though that being on an incompatible OS means that we won't be able to help :(

Well, it worked with all versions since last year, up to 2.0.0.3. 

The audio error started showing up with 2.2. Did the previous versions use the older Xaudio module like CRJX? If not, then yes, it would have been luck indeed!

And W8/8.1 is close enough to W10 that, unless you use the few 10-specific features (like say XAudio2 2.9 or DX12) everything tends to run fine.

That's why I asked if we could get a map of what exactly goes where with 2.2, that way we can try and trace it instead of hoping for OS/version-specific testing that's unlikely to come....

On 7/18/2020 at 8:24 AM, Hans Hartmann said:

CRJ Pro uses XAudio2 2.9 (part of Windows 10)

Why try and trace the issue when we can just read the thread we're posting in

49 minutes ago, QKB4J said:

unless you use the few 10-specific features (like say XAudio2 2.9 or DX12)

49 minutes ago, QKB4J said:

I don't mean to be rude with this, but this forum is full of volunteers trying their best, and a few devs who work really hard.

When the answer to your problem lies within not meeting the posted system requirements, and then not reading the very thread you posted in, its just frustrating to those of us who try hard to help.

We want everyone to enjoy this plane but sometimes you can't out the square peg in the round hole. 

• 5 weeks later...
  • Developer
vor 16 Stunden , StefanBravo sagte:

Hi,

Every time after loading the Maddog from Leonardo, my CRJ is frozen. Using the file provided by Hans, the CRJ works fine again, but it's a bit annoying ;).

Stefan

I'm in contact with both, Leonardo SH and Navigraph about this issue.

• 2 weeks later...

It is indeed the Leonardo MD-82. After installing its latest version 1.7B725, the navigraphOIDC.dll in the P3D main directory was overwritten with dll version 1.0.0.0. Result: frozen CRJ. After replacing the outdated dll with version 2.10.2.0, everything is working again. Leonardo should ship the new dll the their MD-82.

Michael

• Developer
vor 3 Stunden , michael-t sagte:

It is indeed the Leonardo MD-82. After installing its latest version 1.7B725, the navigraphOIDC.dll in the P3D main directory was overwritten with dll version 1.0.0.0. Result: frozen CRJ. After replacing the outdated dll with version 2.10.2.0, everything is working again. Leonardo should ship the new dll the their MD-82.

Michael

The DLL I'm using here is 1.0.0.0 too. And according to Navigraph, it's the only one that exists. No idea where you got a 2.10.2.0 from, but could you please send it to me?

Thanks.

Hans,

I restored the 2.10.2.0 dll from an Acronis backup of my SSD which I took before installing the MD-82. No idea where it stems from.

Since I do not want to attach it, how can I send you the file?

Michael

Archived