Tutorial Flight A319 / P3d V5

Trying to go along with the tutorial flight (there is no gate B47 at Frankfurt) i try to "use the ACFT STATE function of the Settings MCDU and set the aircraft to "COLD AND DARK" and i´m asked to press the buttons in the upper red area of the FMC. However nothing happens when i press them - they are simply "unclickable". I have seen P3D "simconnect" mentioned in a forum as a solution to this, but the tutorial does not mention anything about that.

What am i missing here - how do i get to press the upper buttons of the FMC ?

/Jan Vejling  

Please login to display this image.

Hello sir

Thanks you for your reply!

Yes i tried that - no cigar.  I uninstalled everything, to make sure it was not due some old software causing this. Now i have a freshly installed P3D install, Orbx and the Aerosoft 318/319. Nothing else. Are there any further requirements to get this to function?

/Vejling

• Deputy Sheriffs
5 hours ago, Clive Gulliver said:

Those buttons only work on the right hand MCDU. Did you try there?

pure nonsense

• Deputy Sheriffs

Does keyboard command shift + 4 work? That should also bring up the 3rd MCDU.

If that doesn't work, could you give the exact version of P3D and the Airbus installed.

Hello sir

Thank you for your answer

No - pressing windows key., alt or ctrl + shift + 4 does not make a difference. 

I run Prepar3D_v5_Academic_5.0.31.35253 & AS_A318-A319-PROFESSIONAL_P3DV5_V1401  (and Orbx) nothing else.

Vejling

• Deputy Sheriffs

Do you possibly have the 2-D panel transparency set to 100 %? This would make all 2-D panels fully transparent (invisible) including the 3rd MCDU.

Please login to display this image.

1 hour ago, Secondator said:

Do you possibly have the 2-D panel transparency set to 100 %? This would make all 2-D panels fully transparent (invisible) including the 3rd MCDU.

If i wore a hat right now, i´d take it of for you.  You are an absolute genius. Thank you so much, - exactly that was my problem. Amazing troubleshooting.  Thank you !

best regards! !

/Vejling

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived