CRJ Pro 2.2.0.0 True Glass???

Hello guys,

just few days back I got rid of my P3Dv4.5 install and went for v5HF2.

Are windshield effects working on your side?

MY PC shows NILL entries regarding True Glass an neither inside the CRJ install folder there are NILL support files for it's manual installation?

BR,

Gerald

• Deputy Sheriffs
19 minutes ago, GEK_the_Reaper said:

Hello guys,

just few days back I got rid of my P3Dv4.5 install and went for v5HF2.

Are windshield effects working on your side?

MY PC shows NILL entries regarding True Glass an neither inside the CRJ install folder there are NILL support files for it's manual installation?

BR,

Gerald

You should have a Trueglass.dll and Trueglass folder in the main gauges folder of the sim, when it is installed correct.

vor 9 Stunden , masterhawk sagte:

You should have a Trueglass.dll and Trueglass folder in the main gauges folder of the sim, when it is installed correct.

Here another finding...

I reinstalled the CRJ and it automaticaly created a P3Dv4 folder containing only the Gauges Folder with TrueGlass stuff inside.

!!!I completely removed P3Dv4 and have only v5 on my PC. I also installed the P3Dv5 version of the CRJ!!!

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, GEK_the_Reaper said:

Here another finding...

I reinstalled the CRJ and it automaticaly created a P3Dv4 folder containing only the Gauges Folder with TrueGlass stuff inside.

!!!I completely removed P3Dv4 and have only v5 on my PC. I also installed the P3Dv5 version of the CRJ!!!

My guess...the installer doesn’t contain the latest Trueglass installer that had do be run with /beta command.

You can try the v4 files in v5, but no guarantee.

I informed the dev.

• Developer

The Trueglass installer used is the most current and the -beta and -silent command line parameters are used. It was actually changed by TFDi to download the latest Trueglass beta (or final, if no beta is available) to avoid the requirement to have a different installer for each version.

I think, the P3Dv4 folder was created, because the Trueglass installer still found a path for v4 in the registry. As far as I remember, the registry entries are not removed by the P3D uninstallers.

vor 16 Stunden , masterhawk sagte:

My guess...the installer doesn’t contain the latest Trueglass installer that had do be run with /beta command.

Tried to run the installer with /beta and it did not create the v5HF2 folders / files.

vor 4 Stunden , Hans Hartmann sagte:

I think, the P3Dv4 folder was created, because the Trueglass installer still found a path for v4 in the registry. As far as I remember, the registry entries are not removed by the P3D uninstallers.

This is a possibility but I will not be able to remove all reg entries by myself.....

vor 2 Stunden , Hoffie3000 sagte:

I´m donwloading Vers 2.2.0.0 just a few days ago and find the TrueGlass.dll in my Gauges folder of P3Dv5 HF2. 

Did you previously had v4 on your PC?

I will redownload the installer but I hardly believe that it will change anything!

PS1: There are other topics in the Airbus section of users having the same issue...

PS2: Another DEV had some issues with the installers when the users OS would be in other language then english (my OS is in German but I prefer running flight sim related apps in English)

• Developer
vor 1 minute, GEK_the_Reaper sagte:

PS2: Another DEV had some issues with the installers when the users OS would be in other language then english (my OS is in German but I prefer running flight sim related apps in English)

My Windows is in german too. No problems.

vor 2 Minuten, GEK_the_Reaper sagte:

This is a possibility but I will not be able to remove all reg entries by myself.....

You need to run RegEdit (Press Win+R then enter regedit) and check the following two paths:

• HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin
  • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin

You can remove any sub-path that starts with "Prepar3D v4" like in this example:

Please login to display this image.

After doing this, installers shouldn't be able to detect Prepar3D v4 anymore.

@Hans Hartmann no joy Hans.

There was a single v4 entry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin created (I think) by registering the SDK since all P3D versions were listed.

Under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin there were only the v5 entries.

After deleting the v4 key and running the CRJ installer, I saw again the TrueGlass installer at the end but it did not seem to have completed and no folders were created (neither the previous v4 folder, nor the folder under v5 gauges)....

I'm a bit lost....

@Hans Hartmann

So I redownloaded the package from AS Shop and the installation of TrueGlass (and RAAS) failed again.

Under AS CRJ Pro v5 -> Data -> Support Files, RAAS is specified to be for P3Dv4 (and also fails to install). I wonder if the TrueGlassInstaller is also somehow the wrong one. Removing the P3D v4 PATH as instructed above, cancels the installation completely (don't see the TrueGlass splashscreen either)

• Developer

Is there any message or something similar that shows that it fails? This is completely out of my picture, so I only can forward it to TFDi. But I need as much details (screenshots) as I can possibly get.

vor 47 Minuten, Hans Hartmann sagte:

Is there any message or something similar that shows that it fails? This is completely out of my picture, so I only can forward it to TFDi. But I need as much details (screenshots) as I can possibly get.

Whenever I try to launch the installer there are 2 error entries in Windows.

TrueGlass Error1.txt TrueGlass Error2.txt

vor 16 Minuten, Hans Hartmann sagte:

Das ist interessant. Die Info, die ich zuletzt hatte, war -beta. Wenn das so auch im Installer steht, dann würde das einiges erklären.

Mit -beta lief der Installer schon los, machte sein Ding ohne Fehlermeldung, schuf jedoch keine Ordner oder Dateien unter v5 Gauges.

Mit /beta lief der Installer los, gab eine Meldung das es auf den TFDi Server nach dem letzten BETA suchen würde (Meldung die man bestätigen sollte), machte sein Ding und tadaaaa, die Einträge unter v5 Gauges waren da.

• Developer

Ja, ich hatte die Trueglass- und Reallight-Installer kürzlich in ein Update für die kleinen Airbusse eingebaut und dort habe ich auch /beta geschrieben. Wie ich auf -beta gekommen bin, ist mir schleierhaft. Also, /beta ist korrekt.

Ich werde den neuen Trueglass-Installer in das nächste CRJ Update (die kommen in Zukunft über den Aerosoft Updater und in höherer Frequenz) einbauen und ausführen lassen. Dann sollte sich das Problem bei allen erledigen.

• Developer

Version 2.2.0.1 of the CRJ Pro (available via the Aerosoft Updater, experimental channel) now includes the latest Trueglass Installer. It's automatically executed (with /beta) after the update is complete.

Archived