Delete ROUTE DISCONTINUITY

How can i delete this ROUTE DISCONTINUITY?

See at the picture.

Thanks for Help

Klaus

Please login to display this image.

You have to "lift up" the portion you want and put it in the place of the discont. I'm this case, press key L3, then L2, then hit EXEC

Not all discounts can be cleared this way. This could be one, this looks like an arc without a clear start waypoint, which would be needed to connect the dots. Try selecting a different transition, or pick a waypoint along that arc (refer to the charts for this)

Cheers!

First of all, thanks for the answer. Unfortunately, this does not work because the DISCONTINUITY is not next to an LSK button.

Normally there should be 5 squares to the left of the DISCONTINUITY in which I can enter the waypoint.

When I use LSK3 and then LSK2 I get the message "not allowed" or "not in Data Base".

Klaus

That's actually what it means. It is an image from the Crj manual.

Thanks

Klaus

1.Approach LOWI RWY 08Y but it doesn't work with any Waypoint or Approach

2.FSX

3.rj 700/900 it's the same

So what I'm reading is that you're trying to do an old arc approach that doesn't exist? LOWI doesn't have an arc to 08 anymore. Did you pull this from the database, or are you building it yourself? (and then, which database are you using?)

Either way, doesn't really make a difference. Gonna point you back to this portion of my first answer:

5 hours ago, A_Pilot said:

Not all discounts can be cleared this way. This could be one, this looks like an arc without a clear start waypoint, which would be needed to connect the dots. Try selecting a different transition, or pick a waypoint along that arc (refer to the charts for this)

Here's the reference out of the manual, just to prove I'm not out to lunch:

If that arc is not in the approach database, "building" it in the FMS won't work (and is illegal, per EASA), and the transition should therefore be flown in green needles without using the FMS.

Happy flying :)

The Data Base is from  Navigraph 07.2020.

the discontinuty in my fmc looks different from that in the crj manual.

It looks different because it's one of the ones that can't be deleted, perhaps. 

I don't know what else to tell you. The discontinuity you're trying to delete cannot be deleted, not in the Aerosoft CRJ, not in the real CRJ. 

The snippet I have you comes from the manual for the real FMS 4.2, for the real CRJ, of which I am a real trainer on. The first picture you posted matches the format of discontinuities from the real plane. And trying to delete a discontinuity that can't be deleted will indeed give you "not allowed" 

I'm not sure why you have an arc in there in the first place, the RNP 08 to LOWI doesn't have one. 

The LEGS page would be the proper place to clear a discontinuity, rather than the FPLN page. There are some other problems though.

You are trying to load an RNP approach, and a real CRJ is not legally authorized or even capable of flying an RNP-based RNAV approach. In the real aircraft database, none of the LOWI approaches prefixed with “RNP” would even appear on the approach page as options. You would be limited to the LOC 26, or the LOC DME E or LOC DME W.

In the Navigraph database, every available approach for a given airport will be present. Although the sim version of the CRJ might try to load an RNP procedure, there is no guarantee it will be able to make sense of it or fly it correctly. For one thing, RNP requires an aircraft with a full VNAV system, which the CRJ doesn’t have.

Archived