Registering Scenery Removes It!

Aristo

Hi all, 

Ive come across a rather odd issue with various Mega airports in V5. When I enter the config it asks me to register the scenery, I do so but when i laod into the same it removes all buildings and taxiway textures! If i deregister the scenery then everyhting turns up again. The only prblem is, since the scenery is technically degregistered, I dont have any dynamic lgihts at any of these airports making the ground at night look rubbish. Ive tried reinstalling EGLL and EDDF three times now but no difference. 

Thanks for the help in advance :)

• Developer

Did you install the Addons below your Documents\P3D-V5 Addons folder?

If so, deinstall them and use a Folder like c:\P3DV5-Addons as Installfolder for your addons.

The Documents P3D folder are not usable for Addons, which register them via P3D Exe parameters. 
Also don‘t use folders below the Installfolder of P3D

and

Not a Folder below c:\Program-files or other windows system directories.

Hey, 

i installed them in a separate folder that I have for my P3D scenery. It’s on the same drive as my sim but nowhere near the documents or sim folder 

• Developer

I don‘t understand your problem. When a scenery is „technical deregistered“ there is nothing of the scenery to see, not only dynamic lights missing. You see the default or any other Addon you have installed for that Airport, which is maybe an issue itself.

When you run the installer, the Registration is done automatically, when you finished the install of the charts and before you press the „Finish“ button in the installer.

P3D must be stopped while install the addon, but that should be clear.

To give us an overview, please make screenshots of all pages above the default enties of the World->Scenery Library Menu, save them as jpg and attach them here.

Okay so after a second reinstall and redirecting the scenery to a different directory it worked. However, dynamic lighting is still not working very well. I was wondering if shader programs such as envshade are prone to messing things up as I’m using that at the minute. 

• Developer

Any tool, which changes basic function of the Sim, like shaders, will effect the simulation, not always to the best. We only oriented to the default systembase of P3D and not to any manipulations.

• OPabst locked this topic

Archived