Zurich 2.06

Thanks for the update of the Zurich scenery!

One thing though, when you make a setup UI, please make it work correctly with scaling on 4K displays in Windows 10. This is what it looked like over here. Also, the UI reported the version of the scenery as 2.0.0 even when I downloaded version 2.0.6. I was previously on 2.0.5.

Please login to display this image.

Installer (Windows 10) didn't work with X-PLANE path captured initially

• Run Setup,
  • Finds X-Plane default folder
  • Completes instantly
  • But nothing was added to "/Custom Scenery" folder!

Got it to work by re-selecting manually the X-Plane Folder

• Administrator

hello WebMaximus,

if you have set the User Interface Size with your X-Plane 11 Menu - settings - graphics to more than 100% then this is may be the reason.

Also the Base Font size can be the problem...

Can you test it please?

Greets Heinz

Hi Heinz,

I'm pretty confident this isn't an X-Plane setting issue but more a Windows issue. Or more specifically, if you would ask the developer of the UI for the setup program for Zurich if the UI fully supports scaling in Windows 10, I'm guessing the answer will be 'No'. Which is the problem I think.

Anyway, here is what my graphics tab looks like in X-Plane. Not fully sure what setting you're referring to but again, since the installation program for Zurich is launched outside of X-Plane, I don't see how any settings in X-Plane would affect this. Maybe I misunderstand you in some way? Ah! Now I found the setting you're referring to when watching my own screenshot. As seen, it's set to 100%.

Here's another screenshot with the Windows display settings I'm referring to. Which I think is what's really causing the issue with the UI. Since it doesn't look to follow Windows standards but looks more like some custom made UI.

• Administrator

Hello ,

yes you are right. The Installer runs separate, not in X-Plane 11.

But with your last picture:

There the size of text is set to 200%.

If you set it to 100 % ... what happens?

But I will contact the developers....

Greets Heinz

Reason I have it set to 200% is if set to 100%, everything gets so small it's hard to see.

I did try setting it to 100% but to no avail. However, I still think what I see is caused by the UI not being able to handle scaling. I've seen this with some other UIs and also seen how those have been fixed once the developer makes sure to create the UI to fully support scaling and being resized.

Obviously, this really is a minor issue since you'll only be using the UI when installing the scenery. Would still be nice though of course if it could be fixed.

Archived