Corrupt panel state when loading a saved flight

P3D v5.0.31.35253

CRJ Professional 2.2.0.0

When loading a saved flight, the panel state is corrupt (see below). The engines are off and do not start, the FMC screen is black, and there are numerous errors on displays. There is also an irritating whining noise that repeats endlessly.

I need the ability to reload a panel state in case of a crash-to-desktop, which is why I purchased FSUIPC.  This issue occurs whether I save the flight myself, or autosave using FSUIPC. 

I also tried first loading a default plane with the engine running, but that did not resolve it.

I didn't have this problem with the CRJ X.  The panel state always loaded perfectly when reloading saved flights.

Please login to display this image.

2 hours ago, NightOfDreams said:

There is also an irritating whining noise that repeats endlessly.

Lol that would be the Ram Air Turbine keeping the screens from going black, since both engines failed to start, and all the errors would be considered "normal" in this case. 

Gotta figure out why the engines done come online on reload, and we're golden :)

9 hours ago, A_Pilot said:

Lol that would be the Ram Air Turbine keeping the screens from going black, since both engines failed to start, and all the errors would be considered "normal" in this case. 

Gotta figure out why the engines done come online on reload, and we're golden :)

Thanks! When I reload, the engines are off, and the gear lever is down also. It seems the plane reloads into a state it's in at initialization, maybe? That doesn't really explain the Ram Air Turbine, though.

Are you having the same problem? I haven't seen anyone else with it. This issue is a dealbreaker for me because I rely on autosave in case of CTDs. It's no fun flying it if I know I can't resume the flight if P3D crashes.

I haven't tried. I'll give it a shot tonight. The RAT will deploy automatically in the air if there's no electrical source, so I'm guessing after failure to fire up the engines, it triggers it to pop out. 

It could because your default panel state is not the right one. Try swapping the default state and that might cure it. 

12 minutes ago, A_Pilot said:

I haven't tried. I'll give it a shot tonight. The RAT will deploy automatically in the air if there's no electrical source, so I'm guessing after failure to fire up the engines, it triggers it to pop out. 

It could because your default panel state is not the right one. Try swapping the default state and that might cure it. 

My default state is cold and dark. I'll try switching it to something else and give it a try.

2 hours ago, A_Pilot said:

I changed the default state to "Ready to Taxi" and it seems to be reloading mostly correct now - puts the landing gear down, but I can live with that. Great suggestion, thanks.

1 hour ago, NightOfDreams said:

However, now P3D crashes when I save and load the flight.  Only happens with the CRJ, and there's nothing in the Windows event viewer.

At least we're finding out this is an initialization dealio. Maybe @Hans Hartmann can shed light/add an "in-flight" reload profile to make this work smoothly, of point us to it if it exists. 

Archived