P3Dv5 HF2: Vertical deviations (Glideslope) on ILS approaches 

Affects only the CRJPro in P3Dv5 HF2

Has anyone observed that the ILS approaches of the autopilot (APP mode) have become worse than in P3Dv4?
I now had the problem on almost every approach that the CRJ swings vertically up and down around the glideslope the closer you get to the runway, so I had to switch off the AP and fly the rest manually.
Horizontally the sway is the same as in P3Dv4.

Wolfgang

@Hoffie3000 Even if your question seems to refer to the P3Dv5 version, I can confirm also for the new 2.2.0.0 version for P3Dv4 that ILS capturing seems to have gotten worse.

In my case, the problem is not the glideslope, but the localizer, though. The autopilot has great difficulties catching the localizer beam unless I "line up" the airplane myself or only deviate from the localizer by a few degrees.

I had a test flight this morning, approaching Paderborn Lippstadt's runway 24 in real-world weather conditions where there was a little crosswind initially that got a bit weaker and changed towards more of a headwind at approximately 800 feet above ground. Until that wind change, the airplane was pretty much on the localizer beam, but then suddenly it got confused again by the changed conditions and I had to take manual control of the plane because I didn't want it to swerve to the left and right during the final few hundred feet of the approach. I

Catching the localizer from an angle of more than just a few degrees is practically impossible - the autopilot reacts extremely slowly and thus constantly overshoots the localizer beam. Really unnerving. I should add that I did not have the FMS programmed in all the cases I described, but only flew a traffic pattern around an airfield with the autopilot activated most of the time.

In previous versions, in such scenarios the autopilot had difficulties catching the localizer from "steeper" angles (that is, 20 degrees and more) as well, but after a few swerving maneuvers, lined up perfectly in the end. @Hans Hartmann, are you aware of this issue?

On 7/7/2020 at 4:49 PM, FWAviation said:

@Hoffie3000 Even if your question seems to refer to the P3Dv5 version, I can confirm also for the new 2.2.0.0 version for P3Dv4 that ILS capturing seems to have gotten worse.

In my case, the problem is not the glideslope, but the localizer, though. The autopilot has great difficulties catching the localizer beam unless I "line up" the airplane myself or only deviate from the localizer by a few degrees.

I had a test flight this morning, approaching Paderborn Lippstadt's runway 24 in real-world weather conditions where there was a little crosswind initially that got a bit weaker and changed towards more of a headwind at approximately 800 feet above ground. Until that wind change, the airplane was pretty much on the localizer beam, but then suddenly it got confused again by the changed conditions and I had to take manual control of the plane because I didn't want it to swerve to the left and right during the final few hundred feet of the approach. I

Catching the localizer from an angle of more than just a few degrees is practically impossible - the autopilot reacts extremely slowly and thus constantly overshoots the localizer beam. Really unnerving. I should add that I did not have the FMS programmed in all the cases I described, but only flew a traffic pattern around an airfield with the autopilot activated most of the time.

In previous versions, in such scenarios the autopilot had difficulties catching the localizer from "steeper" angles (that is, 20 degrees and more) as well, but after a few swerving maneuvers, lined up perfectly in the end. @Hans Hartmann, are you aware of this issue?

I have understood from @A_Pilot that Hans is looking at solutions. There will be a fix eventually. Best is to line her up and fly her manually down with the guidance of the MFD

On 9.7.2020 at 05:05, Philip_sim sagte:

I have understood from @A_Pilot that Hans is looking at solutions. There will be a fix eventually. Best is to line her up and fly her manually down with the guidance of the MFD

Thank you for the heads up! Would have been nice to get a reply by Aerosoft or Hans, but if the issue is well known (also for the new version) already, then I'm fine.

Archived