RTU Pop out panel help

Hi,

I am seeking help to see if anyone has had success with popping out the RTU radio screen. I was able to do this in a previous version of the CRJ with success following the guides on the airbus on the past here:

however now I only get a black screen.

@Hans Hartmann I know this is not a product default but could you provide any suggestions to how we could tweak this for us cockpit builders so we can move the RTU onto another monitor?

This what it looks like in my sim now:

Please login to display this image.

Panel.cfg edits:

Window18=RTU1 Popup 

[Window17]
size_mm=474, 474
visible=0
background_color=0,0,0
ident=12225
sizeable=1

gauge00=../../Aerosoft CRJ Pro Base\panel\ASCRJ Pro!RTU1V,          0, 0, 474, 474

• Developer

The RTU1V gauge only works in one instance at a time. I don't think there's a way to make it work in a separate window. A RTU1 gauge, which would be required for this, doesn't exist.

4 hours ago, Hans Hartmann said:

The RTU1V gauge only works in one instance at a time. I don't think there's a way to make it work in a separate window. A RTU1 gauge, which would be required for this, doesn't exist.

would not be possible to work it so the instance exists in the pop up? I have seen the EFB work on the ipad system with https://www.aviaworx.com/remote-server before. Could something not similar be done with the RTU so it can be windowed?

• Developer

The connection to Aviaserver is a completely different animal. It sends a bitmap to the server and receives click coordinates in return. This has nothing to do with a 2D panel.

If it's just about setting frequencies, you could use the RADIO page in the MCDU. There's a 2D panel available for that.

1 hour ago, Hans Hartmann said:

The connection to Aviaserver is a completely different animal. It sends a bitmap to the server and receives click coordinates in return. This has nothing to do with a 2D panel.

If it's just about setting frequencies, you could use the RADIO page in the MCDU. There's a 2D panel available for that.

there is a group of us building a CRJ cockpits. so this would fill the void, unfortunately mapping this to a custom graphic is not feasible as there are different visuals based on user selection on the RTU. An additional VC view takes away quite a lot of frames unfortunately.

• Developer

Well, I won't make any promises. I currently hardly have enough time to fix the actual bugs. If I find the time, I will add a RTU1 and RTU2 gauge, hoping that this doesn't require a major effort.

8 hours ago, Hans Hartmann said:

Well, I won't make any promises. I currently hardly have enough time to fix the actual bugs. If I find the time, I will add a RTU1 and RTU2 gauge, hoping that this doesn't require a major effort.

mate we appreciate that you at least got us a CRJ! I know its 10+ years. If all else, I will try and make a simple program that just reads the first screen numbers as programming more than that is out of my realm. 

• 6 months later...

Any updates on this thread?  I am running the newest version of the CRJ and looking to get access to the panel for a full cockpit build I am doing.  If not a complete new panel, does someone know how I can customize the camera views to zoom in to the screen so it is only showing a correct view of the RTU1 and RTU2? Maybe edit an existing camera view?

Archived