Not able to start P3Dv4 with situation file

falconrae

Hello,

I am using a default a/c and am using situation settings to define a startup. P3Dv4 hotfix 3 is installed. P3D is not able to start and either hangs around 80% on loading quits to desktop. I have performed various tests over the weekend and have found the following.

1)If I start P3Dv4 (without using SimStarter) and but use the last "Simstarter NG.fxml" file created, P3D crashes as was the case when using Simstarter to load P3D

2)If however I start P3Dv4 (without using SimStarter) but use the last "Simstarter NG.fxml" renamed "SimstarterNG.fxml" ie no space between Simstarter and NG, and I make the same change in the Prepar3d.cfg file (Situation line), then P3D loads every time.

3)If I use Simstarter without using situation settings to define a startup ie "Use different situation settings" deactivated but with the "Show Scenario Startup Screen" activated, P3D loads. I am then able to succesfully select and load a flight

I am not sure why this is the case and would appreciate any thoughts to resolve this?

Richard

• Developer

Hi Richard,

this might depend on the aircraft you've selected. Some complex aircrafts can not be loaded as "Saved flight" as described in the manual. The result is pretty much what you describing.

Peter

I am using a default a/c (I am aware of the complex a/c topic).

The problem is resolved when not having any spaces in the filename (see my points 1 & 2) of the situation fxml file -> but I am not able to influence this file name as it seems to be defaulted to "Simstarter NG.fxml" in the executable which I see also in the log file. Can you assist me to change this either in the process :

CHANGESITUATION     Use saved flight < C:\Users\Richard\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Files\SIMstarter NG.fxml >.

or

STARTPROGRAM        Starting Simulator < D:\P3Dv4\PREPAR3D.EXE > with parameter < -fxml:"C:\Users\Richard\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Files\SIMstarter NG.fxml" >

Richard

Archived