Sam jetways activuation

hi purchased SAM in the steam sale last week, in the version it tells me to update it

upon trying it is asking for email / activation

as you all know steam dont give activation details is there a update coming so i can actually use this? or can i send you proof of purchase etc?

• Developer

The steam version should be activated automatically if you login with the account from which you have pruchased the addon. Please check in the simulator if the world jetways is activated in the SAM plugin and ignore if the SAM Suite tells you otherwise (the plugin is the boss and the suite is just an installer).

If there are further issues with activation and the jetways don't work please file a support ticket.

On 7/5/2020 at 3:30 PM, FlyAgi said:

The steam version should be activated automatically if you login with the account from which you have pruchased the addon. Please check in the simulator if the world jetways is activated in the SAM plugin and ignore if the SAM Suite tells you otherwise (the plugin is the boss and the suite is just an installer).

If there are further issues with activation and the jetways don't work please file a support ticket.

SAM shows in plugins but it will only work at 1 airport which is orbx egph doesnt work at any other airport standard or dlc, and sam suite says to update, but i cant do that without a activation key

• Developer

Did you check the World Jetways activation in the SAM licensing menu? This is what I asked for a while ago but so far I did not get that information from you. If the World Jetways extension is shown as  activated in the licensing menu it actually should work but it will only work at X-Plane default airports and it does not help with addon sceneries which don't support animated jetways nor use standard or MisterX jetway objects. Please check if

• World Jetways is activated (XP menu bar > Plugins > SAM > Version & License > Extensions)
  • Jetways are animated at standard X-Plane airports

If both is true World Jetways is working correctly.

If the license is not activated you should wait for your support ticket to be answered, I can't help you out on that. If it shows activated and the Jetways don't work at some airports or certain jetways but not on others this might be because the jetway at the airport is placed too far away from the aircraft. Also have a look at this information about jetway connection problems.

57 minutes ago, FlyAgi said:

Did you check the World Jetways activation in the SAM licensing menu? This is what I asked for a while ago but so far I did not get that information from you. If the World Jetways extension is shown as  activated in the licensing menu it actually should work but it will only work at X-Plane default airports and it does not help with addon sceneries which don't support animated jetways nor use standard or MisterX jetway objects. Please check if

• World Jetways is activated (XP menu bar > Plugins > SAM > Version & License > Extensions)
  • Jetways are animated at standard X-Plane airports

If both is true World Jetways is working correctly.

If the license is not activated you should wait for your support ticket to be answered, I can't help you out on that. If it shows activated and the Jetways don't work at some airports or certain jetways but not on others this might be because the jetway at the airport is placed too far away from the aircraft. Also have a look at this information about jetway connection problems.

version says update like i explained in my original post, and liceense just has the TOS and i can only click prev page / next page as i already pointed out, one cannot update the plugin

• Developer

That means your World Jetways extension is updated (by steam) but you want to update the SAM plugin itself? I think this has to be done using SAM Suite, did you try this already?

1 hour ago, FlyAgi said:

That means your World Jetways extension is updated (by steam) but you want to update the SAM plugin itself? I think this has to be done using SAM Suite, did you try this already?

which requires activation key, which is not provided with steam purchase of SAM, so therefor i can not update and still only work with 1 airport

• Developer

The steam version does not require activation keys... there seems to be an issue with the SAM Suite not recognizing this properly. If Steam is running before starting X-Plane the extension should be activated automatically through Steam so please make sure Steam is running and then start X-Plane.

Also, did the support respond to your ticket? Can you please tell me your ticket number?

Edit: I think I found your ticket. Did you update to the latest SAM Suite (Version 1.2 is needed) as advised?

1 hour ago, FlyAgi said:

The steam version does not require activation keys... there seems to be an issue with the SAM Suite not recognizing this properly. If Steam is running before starting X-Plane the extension should be activated automatically through Steam so please make sure Steam is running and then start X-Plane.

Also, did the support respond to your ticket? Can you please tell me your ticket number?

Edit: I think I found your ticket. Did you update to the latest SAM Suite (Version 1.2 is needed) as advised?

thanks for the reply, i'm sure i had downloaded 1.2 but just did again to see, upon installing and running says world jetways is unlicenced there.

as with regards to running steam before xplane i always run steam first and launch xplane from within steam client

• Developer

This means the activation is reported as 'unlicensed' by the SAM plugin AND the SAM Suite 1.2, meaning the activation through steam failed completely? I'm not completely aware how the Steam stuff is handled in detail but try the following:

• Uncheck the World Jetways addon in Steam and make sure it is uninstalled
  • Now check that there is no SAM folder in your plugins directory and remove it if it's still there
  • Reinstall World Jetways by activating it in Steam and wait for installation
  • Check once again if there is a newly installed SAM folder in your plugins directory (I expect a new clean SAM folder coming from the Steam download to be there)

After that you should have the original World Jetways installation coming from Steam and this should be reported as activated by the SAM plugin inside the simulator. Try if this works and forget about updating for now, if we get it running this way you can try to update SAM components later on, first it has to activate at all.

If this also does not activate with the original Steam download please report back to your Staiport support ticket and provide a link to this thread. If there is a technical activation issue there is nothing I can do.

21 hours ago, FlyAgi said:

This means the activation is reported as 'unlicensed' by the SAM plugin AND the SAM Suite 1.2, meaning the activation through steam failed completely? I'm not completely aware how the Steam stuff is handled in detail but try the following:

• Uncheck the World Jetways addon in Steam and make sure it is uninstalled
  • Now check that there is no SAM folder in your plugins directory and remove it if it's still there
  • Reinstall World Jetways by activating it in Steam and wait for installation
  • Check once again if there is a newly installed SAM folder in your plugins directory (I expect a new clean SAM folder coming from the Steam download to be there)

After that you should have the original World Jetways installation coming from Steam and this should be reported as activated by the SAM plugin inside the simulator. Try if this works and forget about updating for now, if we get it running this way you can try to update SAM components later on, first it has to activate at all.

If this also does not activate with the original Steam download please report back to your Staiport support ticket and provide a link to this thread. If there is a technical activation issue there is nothing I can do.

after following them stes and making sure SAM folder was gone from plugin, and reactivating SAM via steam, the plugin lo longer shows in game, but it is back in the plugin folder

• Developer

Maybe Steam only installs the Jetways Library and skips the plugin itself. Please open SAM Suite and only install the base plugin there, then start X-Plane and check if it's working again.

1 hour ago, FlyAgi said:

Maybe Steam only installs the Jetways Library and skips the plugin itself. Please open SAM Suite and only install the base plugin there, then start X-Plane and check if it's working again.

so unsinstall from steam, and install from SAM suite? as sam suite says its installed and unlicensed.

i am going to try and see if verify game files helps at all too

EDIT - scratch trying to install for sam suite, as it asks for email / activation key

• Developer

From SAM Suite only install the SAM base plugin (this never needs any kind of activation) and from steam install the world jetways extension. SAM base plugin and World Jetways is not the same.

1 hour ago, FlyAgi said:

From SAM Suite only install the SAM base plugin (this never needs any kind of activation) and from steam install the world jetways extension. SAM base plugin and World Jetways is not the same.

okay so its all showing in game again, but the results are still the same, out of 5 defualt airports i have tried, worked at none , however at a paid airport (egph orbx) it works

• Developer

Well... it seems I can't solve this for you so please report this to the official support filing a new ticket and add the detailed information and a link to this thread to your ticket.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived