CRJ won't stay on FLT PLN

Hello:

I am using CRJ version 2.2 SP1 in P3Dv4.5 HF3.  I tried a test flight today but twice the airplane flew off the programmed flight path.  NAV remained engaged.  First time, airplane did a 180 degree turn and just flew on its own.  2nd time, airplane drifted of the route by at least 50NM before I terminated the flight.

Thanks.

What was the model (550, 700 900 or 1000) and flight plan? Do you recall at what point the aircraft made a 180 degree turn, and at what point it drifted off of the route by 50 miles? Will try to duplicate.

This is not the normal behaviour of the CRJs.

In which phase of the flight does it happen (departure on a SID, Cruise or in somewhat else)?

What I could observe is that the CRJ overshoots a waypoint when the Departure SID contains sharp turns and you fly at too high a speed.
Then the CRJ tries to come back on course with 180 degrees. 
During a normal cruise phase I have never seen this before.

Wolfgang

Hi:

I was flying the 550.  I was going fast..Mach .80 and the event happened twice while in cruise.  

KHIO/31L CHISM4 IMB J523 BCE DCT TCS DCT MRF DCT KMRF/31

First deviation occurred somewhere along J523.  Send deviation occurred about half way between BCE and TCS.  I was at FL380.  

26 minutes ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Hi:

I was flying the 550.  I was going fast..Mach .80 and the event happened twice while in cruise.  

First deviation occurred somewhere along J523.  Send deviation occurred about half way between BCE and TCS.  I was at FL380.  

Thanks. I will try this flight. Were you using Active Sky or other r/w weather?

Yeah I just had this one appear as well. Multiple re-selections of Direct-to resulted in multiple attempts to veer off-course, commanded by the F/D in NAV mode. Gonna dig and see why.....

On 7/5/2020 at 6:20 PM, Dreamflight767 said:

Hi:

I just completed this flight, and I did have an LNAV problem. 

I used the same flight plan and aircraft. ASPD3 (Beta 7) weather was active, which gave almost a direct tailwind of 46 knots at FL 370

NO problems on the J523 segment, but the aircraft left the NAV track between BCE and TCS. That is a 361 nm direct leg between those two waypoints.

When I was about 1/3 along the route segment, 133 nm past BCE, with 228 nm still to go to TCS. the aircraft slowly turned about 40 degrees to the left, and started flying away from the course line. I let it go about 10 miles, and it showed no signs of coming back. I went to HDG select, and steered back onto the course line. I was about 208 nm from TCS when I was back on the course line. I then did a DIR INTC to TCS, EXEC, and went back to NAV mode. The aircraft continued on the track to TCS, then make the turn to MRF.

The rest of the flight went smoothly without further deviations.

1 minute ago, JRBarrett said:

I just completed this flight, and I did have an LNAV problem. 

I used the same flight plan and aircraft. ASPD3 (Beta 7) weather was active, which gave almost a direct tailwind of 46 knots at FL 370

NO problems on the J523 segment, but the aircraft left the NAV track between BCE and TCS. That is a 361 nm direct leg between those two waypoints.

When I was about 1/3 along the route segment, 133 nm past BCE, with 228 nm still to go to TCS. the aircraft slowly turned about 40 degrees to the left, and started flying away from the course line. I let it go about 10 miles, and it showed no signs of coming back. I went to HDG select, and steered back onto the course line. I was about 208 nm from TCS when I was back on the course line. I then did a DIR INTC to TCS, EXEC, and went back to NAV mode. The aircraft continued on the track to TCS, then make the turn to MRF.

The rest of the flight went smoothly without further deviations.

Interesting. I did a direct-to across a whole Canadian province when I had my issue. Sounds like we're getting close!

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Michel Montreuil said:

Similar to this? 

No, this is not the issue being discussed. This thread is about an issue that was fixed with 2.2.0.1. 

Your video shows a station passage wiggle that I seem to get with every plane in P3D, even the stock ones

• 5 months later...

"This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one."

Hello,

Why should a new thread be started when it would appear that there is no resolution to this one?

27-Dec-2020 and I have come here to report the very same issue, I have been at this for days now, uninstalling, re-installing, flight testing, I even followed a previous thread that suggested that I needed to update the C++ Redist' files in order to fix this issue and still no luck, this a/c will still pick and choose which waypoints it will fly to and which ones to ignore completely, there is something very basically wrong here.

Route; KPAE(16R)..SEA..BUWZO.KRATR2.KPDX(10R), I can get to SEA but going to BUWZO just results in either a left or right hand turn out of the route, then circles or, as has just happened, it flew at 180 degs in the opposite direction and just appeared to keep going! (I canned the flt after it passed o-head KPAE again)

This issue has existed for 3 years or more now, see;

I have just upgraded to vers 2.2.0.0 (which cost me another EUR29.00 (but I kept the faith) and I now see that there is a vers 2.2.0.1 (as above),but where is it, it certainly is not publicly available according to your very own updater (see below, checked a few minutes ago), so where can I get this newer version from?

Please login to display this image.

Is there a fix for this? Or is there a refund route for this package?

I would not usually 'hammer' you guys with this sort of thing, but seriously, this is now getting ridiculously out of hand and should be resolved.

Seriously fed-up,

Steve F.

Hello again,

Ok, so I went back to the updater and checked the 'Exp Upd's' box, after seeing nothing I gave up and closed the app, a while later I re-opned it and still nothing, then after it sitting on my desktop for 10/15 mins I re-check and see a whole bunch of stuff concerning new 'experimental' versions (2.2.0.1/2.2.0.2 etc. etc.), I hit the update button, and pray.

After I had re-started my PC I setup the same flt again; KPAE(16R)..SEA..BUWZO.KRATR2.KPDX(10R), prep and start this flt., this is what I saw;

^^ - Vectors to SEA no issue, followed by DCT SEA no issue, but as soon as I had crossed o-hd SEA the a/c makes (now) a rh turn out of the route, despite BUWZO being the next wp (??).

^^ - Check the CDI in the PFD (!), where is this thing going?

^^ - It eventually re-aligns itself with the route but in totally the wrong direction!

^^ - The CDU Legs page says this, but is being ignored completely!

After I had flown North of KPAE I issued a Dir-To BUWZO and the a/c turned.

^^ - But check what is wrong with this picture, when has SEA VOR ever been North of KPAE?????????  There's something happening here.

^^ - As the a/c turns South for BUWZO it would now appear that SEA is behind me, that is virtually due North!!!!

^^ - Once it got to BUWZO the whole sad and sorry story started all over again with a lh turn off the route, I lost the will to live at this point and closed the Sim!

I should also note that I see there is a vers 2.2.0.2 available, but again I do not seem to be able to get my hands on it, and even though the updater says I have vers 2.2.0.2;

All I can see is vers 2.2.0.1. (not sure if I am looking at the correct file though (?)).

I must also make note of the fact that vers 2.2.0.0 is actually still for sale on the website, as far as I am concerned this software is not fully capable as yet, it has taken me the best part of a week to get this far with a possible resolution and I have been 'at' this hobby for 20+ years, I think that you should suspend further sales until a capable version is available for general release.

If I can offer any further assistance with this then please let me know, I will do whatever I can.

I should add that the modelling and feel of this a/c is really good and I have enjoyed flying it, it is just a real shame that it will not do what you say it will do ("Extended Flight Management System").

For my use I absolutely require it to be able to follow a pre-planned route, and it certainly should not be moving beacons and waypoints around the World in it's own head, that is a disaster.

Hoping for some sort of 'fix' for this in the mear future,

Steve F.

Steve you are right.
That's one of the puzzles that CRJs present us with every now and then.

I recreated your flight and with the passing of SEA VOR the CRJ starts to turn in the wrong direction.

Well, Hans is very involved with the development of the CRJ for the MSFS2020 and because this came earlier than expected on the market, there is only little time to take care of the bugs of the CRJ.
But he wrote in another thread that the code development for the MSFS2020 will also benefit the P3FD version of the CRJ.

So we have to wait and see.

Wolfgang

• Developer

I'm going to try this flight in the morning. Since it's apparently reproducable, I should be able to do so and find out where the problem is (or if I already fixed it as part of the work on the MSFS version).

Hi Wolfgang and Hans,

Thank you both for your input on this issue, and thanks or fixing the issue, but can someone please tell me when and where I get the next update from pleae?

Happy New year to you both,

Steve F.

Well, there are two ways

1. Hans usually announces available updates here in the forum.

2. via the Aerosoft Updater. Set Experimental Updates active

Archived