A320 downloaded livery not showing

Hello all,

I downloaded this livery and tried to install it for the Aerosoft A320 Pro.

I tried the Livery Manager in the start options but it couldn't find the .exe, I couldn't find it either. So I went to the folder where the Aerosoft A320 installed to (D:\Documents\Aerosoft\Aerosoft A320-A321 Professional\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft A320 CFM Professional) and put the 'Texture.easyJet Europe BERLIN Livery' folder in there. I opened the Aircraft.cfg and entered the livery manually as per the document provided in the livery download. I've entered the previous livery as well to show where I've put it:

[FLTSIM.6]
title                    = Aerosoft A320 professional EUROWINGS D-AIZV
sim                    = A320
model                    = CFMSHRKEW
panel                    =
sound                    =
texture                    = DAIZV
kb_checklists                = 
kb_reference                = 
atc_id                    = D-AIZV
atc_airline                = EUROWINGS
atc_flight_number            =
ui_manufacturer                = Airbus
ui_type                    = A320-214 CFM SHARK
ui_variation                = Eurowings
ui_typerole                = Commercial Airliner
ui_createdby                = Aerosoft
atc_parking_types            = GATE, RAMP
atc_parking_codes               = 
description                = Aerosoft A320 professional CFM / Eurowings \nwww.aerosoft.com \nPaint by S.Hoffmann

[FLTSIM.7]
title                    = Airbus A320 easyJet Europe 'BERLIN' OE-IZQ
sim                    = A320
model                    = CFMSHRK
panel                    =
sound                    =
texture                    = easyJet Europe BERLIN Livery
kb_checklists                = 
kb_reference                = 
atc_id                    = OE-IZQ
atc_airline                = easy
atc_flight_number            = 
ui_manufacturer                = Airbus
ui_type                    = A320-214 CFM
ui_variation                = easyJet Europe OE-IZQ
ui_typerole                = Commercial Airliner
ui_createdby                = Aerosoft
atc_parking_types            = GATE 
description                = Airbus A320 - 214 CFM Sharklets / easyJet Europe OE-IZQ /

In P3D V4.5, it does not appear at all, it's just all the default liveries.

Can anyone tell me where I am going wrong please, or is it not compatible with the P3Dv4.5 version of the A320?

Any help most appreciated!

James.

• 1 month later...

Hi James,

That livery is working . I just installed it into P3Dv5 and everything appears OK so I fully expect it to work and to display in P3Dv4.5.

Your aircraft.cfg entries look OK. Does the livery for the Eurowings D-AIZV also appear in the sim? Please check.

2nd I was a little confused by your comment on the Livery Manager could not find an .exe. The liveries are typically packaged in a zip not an .exe file.

The Berlin livery is a zip file containing the texture files.

I used the latest Livery Manager to install this repaint:

V2.2.0 of the Livery Manager can be found here from this post: 

I would suggest you install the new Livery Manager and remove the entire [FLTSIM.7] section fort he easyjet livery manually from your aircraft.cfg file and save that file.

Make sure there are no other fltsim sections in the .cfg file anywhere else in the file that potentially repeats any of the existing fltsim sections up to [fltsim.6]. You should only have fltsims sections numbered 0 to 6 in sequential order in your .cfg file.

Then I would use the newly installed Livery Manager to install the Easyjet Berlin repaint again. All you need to do is run the Livery Manager and click the Install Livery button and navigate to the folder location and the repaint zip file.

Make sure the Simulator, Product and Aircraft model are correctly selected before clicking the Install Liveries button.

Once the zip is selected, another dialog window will appear.

IMPORTANT: Make sure these selections are the same as you selected before. I found the selections previously made were not the same ones that show up in the 2nd dialog window once you select the zip file!

Then click OK.

Then check in the sim to see if the easyjet repaint has appeared.

Note: One other interesting thing I found with the new Livery Manager. Its inserting new [Fltsim.n] sections at the very bottom of the aircraft.cfg file on my system for some strange reason. Never seen that before!

Good luck!

Regards
Mark

Archived