A3xx Connect pro INI file not found error still around

jcalvert

I have just re-installed ( for the third time) the A319 and A321 pro package. I installed each one individually, then updated ( all as administrator) with ASUpdater for each version, and made sure the windows antivirus was off for the whole procedure. I rebooted between installations of each version and at the end of the whole process.

orI tried to start the connect pro but just got the 'INI file not found' error as reported in earlier forums.

The file needed (A3xxConnectPro.ini)  is in C:\Users\Jeff\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\Aerosoft A320-A321 Pro V5\Data where the aircraft were installed. i.e. the correct P3dv5 add-ons folder.

The  ..\documents\aerosoft\ folder does not have an A320-A321 Professional folder in it at all.

I tried creating this folder and path i.e ..\documents\aerosoft\A320-A321 Professional\Data and copied the A3xxConnectPro.ini file into the folder. The error then disappeared and I was able to load the MCDU onto my Android tablet using the local IP address of the simulator and:4040. However the MCDU on the tablet is blank and the buttons inoperable!!

Do you have a fix for this please??

Please login to display this image.

More interesting!

I have just re-installed the complete 318-321 series again only this time in ...\Documents\Aerosoft\ folder. The installation puts the V5 A3xx's into C:\......\Documents\Aerosoft\Aerosoft A320-A321 Pro V5 so the Connect pro STILL CAN'T FIND the INI file!!!

I still get the error.

The only fix I can think of from here on is to change the name of this folder, but what other consequences will that have????

HELP PLEASE to get the Connect Pro working.

• Deputy Sheriffs

The ini file thing is most likely a bug. Have you turned on the server in the configurator? Firewall settings are all fine?

Forwarded the ini bug to the dev.

hi Jeff!

Please clarify:

are you using the P3D v4 or v5? I'm confused, because the forum refers to v4, but you mention paths with "v5".

Besides, what is the exact filename and the version of the A3XXConnectPro_*.exe file you are launching? (For the file version you can right-click on the file, select Properties, and then Details.)

Also could you show me the contents of the "\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\add-ons.cfg" file?

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

I am referring to using the A3xx pro in P3dv5 up to date current version Prepar3D_v5_Academic_5.0.31.35253, although I have both P3dv4.5 and v5 installed on separate SSDs

I have attached my add-ons.cfg file also.

Following your instructions I discovered that there are lots of A3xx connectPro files! I had been using the one provided in the windows startup folder, which I think pointed to P3dv4.5 installation. That is the link in the windows startup folder was to A3XXConnectPro_A320A321.exe, not the v5 version!!

So I tried again, loading the MCDU on to my android tablet using the correct ConnectPro file. I got an image which seemed to work sometimes... very slow to respond but sometimes it did. Could this be local wifi issue??

So maybe worth making sure that if P3dv5 of the A3xx is installed as well as P3dv4 version there are both distinguishable links in the windows startup folder.

So this could have been just not loading the correct file!!

add-ons.cfg.txt

On 7/8/2020 at 5:32 AM, jcalvert said:

Hi,

I am referring to using the A3xx pro in P3dv5 up to date current version Prepar3D_v5_Academic_5.0.31.35253, although I have both P3dv4.5 and v5 installed on separate SSDs

I have attached my add-ons.cfg file also.

Following your instructions I discovered that there are lots of A3xx connectPro files! I had been using the one provided in the windows startup folder, which I think pointed to P3dv4.5 installation. That is the link in the windows startup folder was to A3XXConnectPro_A320A321.exe, not the v5 version!!

So I tried again, loading the MCDU on to my android tablet using the correct ConnectPro file. I got an image which seemed to work sometimes... very slow to respond but sometimes it did. Could this be local wifi issue??

So maybe worth making sure that if P3dv5 of the A3xx is installed as well as P3dv4 version there are both distinguishable links in the windows startup folder.

So this could have been just not loading the correct file!!

hi Jeff!

I found you're using a bit outdated version of the EXE file. Please try the latest version attached,

and overwrite the older file in "C:\Users\Jeff\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\General\A3XX Connect Pro\" folder.

And just in case, please take another attached archive with INI files and overwrite in "C:\Users\Jeff\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\Aerosoft A318-A319 Pro V5\Data\" folder.

No need of checking the Windows startup folder as you mention, just launch the EXE from the above given path ("C:\Users\Jeff\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\General\A3XX Connect Pro\").

And for the purity of the experiment, 1st try the web page on the same PC where you run the P3D. Just click on the green IP address at the bottom right of the Connect app window, and it would open your webbrowser with the related page opened.

Please make sure you're launching the app with admin rights; and the proper version is being used ("*_v5.exe" in "..\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\.." for P3Dv5).

And in case of the problem still persists, please zip and upload the "C:\Users\Jeff\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\Aerosoft A318-A319 Pro V5\Data\" folder.

Thanks.

A3XXConnectPro_A318A319_V5.zip IniFiles.zip

Archived