More Newbie Questions

sky king

HI again: Newbie here.

1. I am having a problem trying to use the "Saved Flight" option. Is one supposed to be able to access my list of saved flights? Why aren't my flights showing up in the dropdown (see screenshot below)? When I select Simstarter NG nothing really happens that I can see. Am using P3D v5 HF2. Or is there someplace else to load the flight?

Please login to display this image.

2. Problems with "Show Gates of Airline" when I select an activated airport (as an example KPHX which is active in the XML manager), nothing is found -- see below screenshot. It seems that something should be found.

3. I am using the run manager and have tried using both the 'kill' and 'close' options to close the loaded applications once P3D closes. Nothing works. here is a screenshot of m Run Manager:

4. Finally, is it supposed to take 45 seconds to a minute to refresh/load screens? It feels very sluggish. As a contrast, Photoshop loads very quickly which is very resource intensive. I have turned off many of the auto-refresh functions and it still takes a long time.

That should do it for now.

Many thanks,

Peter

• Developer

Please post a DebugPack.

1. Please check your "Programsettings > Platform > Path to Prepar3D Files" open that path and look if there are flightplans. If so, please make a screenshot and post it
  2. Have you run "Refresh Airports" in Tools or from the "Startposition Dialog" once? As described in the manual this Feature is reading the AFCAD. So it might be possible that your selected Airport has no Airline Data or Airline Data does not contain the Airline Code
  3. Regarding "kill" and "close": yes this works only if SIMstarter detects, that P3D is started (by execution directly in the RunSet). You are starting it with the "dc2.exe" meaning kill and close won't work in your RunSet.
  4. What do mean by "Finally, is it supposed to take 45 seconds to a minute to refresh/load screens"?

As you are indicating you are a Newbie please take some time and walk trough the manual. Looks like some questions would have been answered by reading the manual. 🙂

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I have read the manual and also watched your Youtube walk through and what I posted doesn't seem to work.

1. Here is a screenshot of the Program Settings: 

and here is a screenshot of the contents of E:\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Files 

e:

Something isn't right here.

2. Yes to both questions. In fact, I have run 'Refresh Airports' 3 times. And, I have noticed that in the Start Position dialog, the 'add-on' box is not checked for my add-ons (like ORBX PAJN, which is active according to the system).

3. Thanks for the clarification!!

The debug log is attached.

20200708-14h00m03_SIMstarterNG_DebugPackage.zip

• Developer
  1. Your "Path to Prepar3D Files" point to "E:\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons" it has to point to "E:\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Files"
  2. Based on your .\data\userprofiles\P3Dv5\addOnAirport.cfg SIMstarter is correcly reading your airports but "KPHX" seams to be a Default Airport and therefore not showing airline codes
  3. already sorted out
  4. What do mean by "Finally, is it supposed to take 45 seconds to a minute to refresh/load screens"?

Thanks for the reply. Here is my feedback:

1. Changed the path and it works. Thanks. 

2. KPHX is a Flightbeam airport and updated to the v5HF2 version.

4. I cleaned out a number of files and loading time has decreased.

Archived