No Glide Slope deviation scale in HUD

Dear All,

I noticed I am not able to see the Glide Slope deviation scale and pointer in the Heads Up Guidance display in the CRJ professional aircraft.

Maybe it's something with my P3Dv5 setup or it was not meant to be displayed?

Thanks

On 3.7.2020 at 13:40, Hans Hartmann sagte:

It depends on the mode that the HGS is in. If it's in PRI mode, you won't see anything if I remember correctly.

Only VMC hides Nav data. Primary should have a GS displayed. Here's the ref:

• Developer

The same manual (version from 2002) says differently on another page. Chapter 4 "HGS Symbology" only shows GS sensor fault, GS sensor miscompare and excessive GS deviation warnings for PRI mode on ground as well as in the air.

I remember in the previous version of the CRJ 700/900 product the G/S deviation scale and pointer were visible in PRI mode.

On the CRJ professional I can only see it in FD mode, but missing in PRI mode.

7 hours ago, Hans Hartmann said:

The same manual (version from 2002) says differently on another page. Chapter 4 "HGS Symbology" only shows GS sensor fault, GS sensor miscompare and excessive GS deviation warnings for PRI mode on ground as well as in the air.

More customer options? lol

For what it's worth - it's made a little small and not actively used for pilot flying duties, but required when monitoring the FOs flying. The A-modes are the modes of choice even for Cat 1 ILS. 

Additionally, LPV data won't show on it, since the HGS predates the WAAS era. Baro-vnav and LPV usually means a stowed HUD. 

TLDR: could be put in, but doesn't need to super accurate 😛

• 2 weeks later...

Archived