CRJ pro performance issues in both p3dv5 and v4.5

4 hours ago, sho69607 said:

I would like to report that when the flight first starts, there is no stuttering at all, but after an hour or two, the huge fluctuations start. RivaTuner worked wonders, but unfortunately is not stable with p3dv5. I did see some posts on the the p3d forum about fps drops later on in the flight, but have not seen a solution for that yet. (P3DV5)

I had this issue, and it vanished when I disabled RealLight.dll, which currently has known VRAM leaks across the multiple products that use it.

It changes the lighting in the cockpit, but since it's a 3rd party product, there isn't much that can be done by the Aerosoft gang. As far as I know, this could be due to the fact that realLight hasn't been updated for P3Dv5HF2 

1 hour ago, A_Pilot said:

I had this issue, and it vanished when I disabled RealLight.dll, which currently has known VRAM leaks across the multiple products that use it.

It changes the lighting in the cockpit, but since it's a 3rd party product, there isn't much that can be done by the Aerosoft gang. As far as I know, this could be due to the fact that realLight hasn't been updated for P3Dv5HF2 

I’m not sure that the CRJ uses TFDI RealLight? Perhaps Hans can confirm.

The CRJ installer does appear to install TrueGlass. I disabled both dlls in the P3D /gauges folder by renaming them, because both are VRAM hogs.

One or the other dll might indeed be responsible for a drop-off in performance after an hour or two of flight. I’ve seen that reported in the LM forums by users of several different add-on aircraft.

Reallight and Realglass are both in beta if I understand correctly. That would explain the huge VRAM spikes that the tfdi 717 has right now too.

• Developer
On 6.7.2020 at 21:18, sho69607 sagte:

Reallight and Realglass are both in beta if I understand correctly. That would explain the huge VRAM spikes that the tfdi 717 has right now too.

We don't use Reallight, just Trueglass. But yes, that has been a problem. If you run trueglassinstaller.exe -beta from the command line, you automatically get the latest version of Trueglass. You can find the file in "Aerosoft CRJ Pro v5\Data\SupportFile".

• Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

If you change the pixel_size value for [VCockpit01] from 2048x2048 to 1024x1024, this completely fixes FPS but the gauge placements and sizings are broken.

If a low fps 1024x1024 version of the gauges could be made somehow, I'm sure that would probably fix this issue?

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting find.  I’ll have to try it out.

On 8/2/2020 at 11:31 AM, inbetween said:

Hi,

If you change the pixel_size value for [VCockpit01] from 2048x2048 to 1024x1024, this completely fixes FPS but the gauge placements and sizings are broken.

If a low fps 1024x1024 version of the gauges could be made somehow, I'm sure that would probably fix this issue?

• 1 month later...

I don't know where we go from here.  Users complain about poor performance, but Hans can't duplicate the issues on his system.  In addition to that, it appears all development is now focused on the MSFS version.  If nothing can be done to improve the performance, then I may as well uninstall this because I can't fly it as is.

Hello, today I took over the crj pro for P3D V5, on the ground I am very fluid around 30 fps in the cockpit and a lot more outside, but the more I go up in altitude, the more I have bad fps. . In crosière at FL350 I reach 12 fps .. even if I deactivate the weather forecast .. On the other hand as soon as I go down, I receive more fps, and on the ground everything is normal at more than 30 fps .. really weird

• Upvote 1

I just installed this plane today, cause I bought fs2crew and the performance is still the same. I notice a drop in performance when looking forward towards the windscreen in VC. Maybe true glass has something to do with performance loss. 

• 3 months later...

I just installed the CRJ Pro on my new build which is a high end system running the latest version of Windows and P3Dv5.1. The first issue I had with with the landing lights, they would not illuminate the ground. I forums a fix In a old forms post that fix the problem. The next issue I saw was performance in the virtual cockpit. I can move around smooth in the FSLabs and PMDG but the CRJ is sluggish. It doesn’t feel smooth at all. My frames are locked at 30 and it maintains the FPS but there is lack of smoothness  in the VC when panning around. 

• Upvote 1

I did a flight after many months, with the latest version and I can confirm the same performance problems. 10900K, 2080TI, 32GB of Ram. On all other payware planes I have smooth performance. On the CRJ the fps is jumping from 60 to single numbers during the flight. Certainly adding to the previous reported issues, something is wrong with the plane. Can @Hans Hartmann let us know if he's working on this?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Wise87 said:

If I was to guess I'm thinking P3D support has been put on the shelf as the the resources are going towards MSFS2020. 

I'm afraid so, and that would be very disrespectful to the customers who supported aerosoft all these years. I hope its not the case and I wait for an official response. 

8 hours ago, ComSimPilot said:

I'm afraid so, and that would be very disrespectful to the customers who supported aerosoft all these years. I hope its not the case and I wait for an official response. 

It would also be polite for them to explain when the final SP for the 32-bit version can now be expected.  On 1 July last year Hans hoped it would be in about two weeks!

Andy L

Can Hans or someone let use know when there is a experimental or update in the Updater so we can see if it fixes the performance issues reported by some of us. I uninstalled the CRJ for now until the performance issues was resolved. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

As mentioned in another thread on this subject

- Fresh install of Windows

- Fresh install of P3D v5 (v4 is also affected by bad performance with this aircraft)

- Fresh install of the CRJ

(i7-10700K, GTX 1070 Ti)

--> Hyperthreading on: bad stutters and severe fps fluctuations. By the way, switching off the FO displays indeed slightly increases the average fps, but does nothing with respect to the stuttering

--> Hyperthreading off: stuttering is nearly gone, CRJ performs almost equal or only slightly worse than comparably complex aircraft

Do others experience the same and does this help to narrow down the cause?

13 hours ago, martinr8 said:

As mentioned in another thread on this subject

- Fresh install of Windows

- Fresh install of P3D v5 (v4 is also affected by bad performance with this aircraft)

- Fresh install of the CRJ

(i7-10700K, GTX 1070 Ti)

--> Hyperthreading on: bad stutters and severe fps fluctuations. By the way, switching off the FO displays indeed slightly increases the average fps, but does nothing with respect to the stuttering

--> Hyperthreading off: stuttering is nearly gone, CRJ performs almost equal or only slightly worse than comparably complex aircraft

Do others experience the same and does this help to narrow down the cause?

you mean hypertreading off of your CPU via BIOS ?

Normally it will disabled in the BIOS.

FSX and its successor P3D have not been developed for the use of hyperthreading. This means that active hyperthreading can even hinder performance.
It seems to depend on the PC system whether there are problems with it.

I, for example, have to switch it off because otherwise I get sound problems.

vor 22 Stunden , Eduard Gasull sagte:

you mean hypertreading off of your CPU via BIOS ?

yes I switched it off in the BIOS. While there is not much difference in many other addon aircraft I use, it does make a huge difference with the CRJ with respect to the stuttering.

• 1 year later...
On 8/2/2020 at 12:31 PM, inbetween said:

Hi,

yup this absolutely fixes the stutters when on the ground turning. but all displays are not lined up correctly. would be nice if they could adjust this.