No ATC response using CRJ Pro with PRO-ATC/X

Hi,
Using P3Dv5 HF2 in Win 10 Pro Version 1909 Build 18363.900, at default airport EGLC for the flight with no ATC response using Aerosoft CRJ-900 Pro, most recent version.
When activating the flight EGLC to EGPH the usual PRO-ATC menu appears and, for the sake of troubleshooting I have it in static display. The message indicates that ATIS is tuned in and Clearance needs to be tuned in. When this is done, and clearance is requested, the request is made audibly. However, there is no response from ATC. Bringing up the menu again and requesting Flight Information, reveals that PRO-ATC has not registered the switch to delivery frequency and still "thinks" that ATIS is tuned. It doesn't matter how the radio is tuned, auto or manual, or from where, the tuning is not registered. To rule out the airport, I loaded PMDG QOTSII 747-8, into the spot at EGLC (!). No problems with ATC. To rule out CRJ-900, I loaded Aerosoft Airbus 319 Pro at EGLC and also discovered no problem with ATC.

My assessment, then is that there is an issue in the CRJ that I cannot resolve. I have posted the issue on the Pointsoft PRO-ATC website with attched log files of the failed CRJ (029) and successful Airbus (033), in case this gives some clue to the problem. The log files are, I imagine,  of no use to support on this forum.

Thanks,
RonH

The problem is pro atc does not detect the change in channel . I use Plang to change my frequency then it works from there . Something in the way the crj outputs via simconnect I guess. 

• Developer
vor 8 Minuten, cannow sagte:

Something in the way the crj outputs via simconnect I guess. 

CRJ sets the frequenciy in P3D. This is tested, works and can be verified (the frequency displays in RTU, BTU and FMS show the actual P3D frequencies and not my own internal variables). PRO-ATC/X get its information from P3D then. There is no such thing like direct simconnect "channel" between the CRJ and PRO-ATC/X.

I was only guessing Hans , I have seen this on other planes not all and believe to be a pro atc issue . Using plan g to initially flick radio channels works for me .

Well, I respect your expertise as the developer, but the folks at PRO-ATC seem to think that the problem must lie with the CRJ. I must confess I have no clue. It is the only aircraft I have added to P3Dv5 HF2 which doesn't respond, the recent addition of PMDG's 737 NGXu included.

Ron Harris

And now the Majestic DASH8 Q400. Is it not possible, Hans, that there is something happening in the CRJ for P3Dv5? In P3Dv4.5 CRJ and PRO-ATC work together just fine.

Ron Harris

Hello Hans,

At the suggestion of Thomas at Pointsoft, I disabled the tuning of Com radio by the "Co-pilot" turning control over to the pilot. This solved the com problem and I can now obtain and hear Clearance Delivery. It did, however turn up what appears to be another problem. The Com radio will not tune to 118.07 but goes straight from 118.065 to 118.075. This occurs for all Com frequencies regardless of  digit sequences whenever changing through xxx.x65 in effort to reach xxx.x70.

Is this deliberate or, if not, remediable?

Thanks for your help,

Ron Harris

Thanks Hans!

Interesting because the following list of frequencies is found for EGLC:

THAMES RADAR Approach:132.70CITY ATIS:136.35CITY GROUND Ground Control:121.82HEATHROW DIRECTOR Radar:119.72HEATHROW Radar:125.62THAMES Radar:132.70CITY Tower:118.07CITY Tower:129.45

Ron Harris

• Developer

That's interesting. I guess that's 118.075 then.

I found one website where they actually list 3 digits: https://beta.ourairports.com/airports/EGLC/frequencies.html and the tower frequency is 118.075 there. Just 2 digits is simply not enough for 8.333kHz frequencies as there are 118.060 and 118.065 for example. These would both show as 118.06.

Archived