CTD Second Flight

This is just for your information.  I'm on W10, 2004 update.  P3D v4.5 HF3.  I installed your CRJ Pro v2200 this morning.  First flight was fine, and was using ActiveSky at the time.  After re-booting the computer and loading up another flight with the CRJ, I had just reached FL34 and the computer crashed with no warning.  I was using ActiveSky again.  Event Viewer shows the following;

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.5.14.34698, time stamp: 0x5e94b5c2

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.19041.207, time stamp: 0xcad89ab4

Exception code: 0xc0000374

Fault offset: 0x00000000000fdec9

Faulting process id: 0x1278

Faulting application start time: 0x01d64f55b9fb5897

Faulting application path: C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll

Report Id: d5bb943d-e7d9-4d55-a816-82537ae29f2d

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

In my case having an ntdll.dll crash is rear.  As stated, this is your your information only.  I don't expect you to do anything.

Regards

Bruce R

NZ

ActiveSky Beta6 for V5 is still in beta and since its use I have had CTD's related to it several times. 
Three recurring different error messages -kernelbase.dll, ntdll.dll and the other one I forgot 🙂

It's remarkable that such CTD's only occur since the use with ASv5 beta, but AS never appears in the bug report.

Windows and P3D are completely new installed.

Wolfgang

Yes, you could be right.  I’m using the beta version for ActiveSky in P3D v 4.5.  I hope that is the cause because I enjoy the CRJ.  I’ll do a few flights without ActiveSky and see how I get on.  

Cheers

Bruce R

• Developer

The error message unfortunately doesn't point to anything. ntdll.dll errors are not traceable.

If the crash occured just mid-flight and not after some specific user action (for example selecting a waypoint to fly direct to), it's more likely that it's not the aircraft. ActiveSky is a possibility, but I haven't had any issues with it yet. Scenery is always a possibility too. Did you fly in range of any airport or area scenery?

I was flying in New Zealand, NZAA - NZDN.  The crash was just at TOC, after about 20 mins or so flying time.  At that point of the flight I would have been approx 10 miles off the west coast of NZ’s North Island heading south.   The only scenery nearby is ORBX NZNI.  That’s scenery of the whole North Island.  I think I’ll stick with Wolfgang’s theory.  I’ll certainly let you know if it persists when using default scenery.

Cheers,

Bruce R

Archived