FMS for P3D v5

Dense, I must be, for using FMS data manager loads current data into P3Dv4 but does not do so for P3Dv5.

I would like to know where the location for the FMS data is. I have, for example it loading into Program Files (x86) >Aerosoft > Aerosoft CRJ Professional > Data > NavData. The info in this sub folder cycle_info.txt shows the correct and expected cycle. This does not, however, show in the loaded aircraft.

Help appreciated

RonH

• Developer

I don't see any entries (no matter for which product) for v5 in the FMS Data Manager either. I assume that Navigraph will update it sooner or later but you really need to ask them, if you want more information.

You can, of course, just copy the navdata from the CRJ for v4 to the CRJ for v5.

Btw: The install location you chose is a really bad choice. You really shouldn't install any add-ons to C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86). The folders are protected and you might run into issues with updates and other add-ons that write configuration files etc.. I strongly recommend that you move them somewhere else (C:\P3D Add-ons\ would be a good choice).

Thanks Hans, but I have no idea where to copy it to! 

I have never had any problems with the locations, folder permissions are all set for my access and the location is,  as I'm sure you know, the default Aerosoft choice.

RonH

• Developer

You can change the add-on mapping in the FMS Data Manager to the folder where you installed the CRJ Pro v5. Or wait until Navigraph updated the FMS Data Manager.

Please contact them for more information.

By default,  the Aerosoft P3DV5 installer chose a folder on my  C:\ drive for the aircraft called:  "P3DV5 Addons"

The manually configured path in the Navigraph data manger is: C:\P3DV5 Addons\Aerosoft CRJ Pro v5\Data

Archived