RNAV (GPS) approach

govind

SO I was carrying out a flight from LOWI to LFMN in aerosoft A319.  I tried fro RNAV 4R Z approach . I just have an enquiry regarding this. 

1. Does Aerosoft Airbus models RNAV approaches? I have navigraph subscription and so I have the latest NAV data. But As soon as i reach Final fix and arm the APP button, I am expected that APP NAV and FINAL is armed followed by FINAL on green as soon as i reach FAF thereby initiating descent using VNAV generated glidepath. IS this modeled in Aerosoft Airbus series?? 

2. AS i entered the RNAV 4R approach in FMC, I noticed that all the final waypoints and missed waypoints have come well however i didnt see the glidepath angle written between FAF and the Runway 4R. Does this mean there is no RNAV approach modeled in this aircraft? could someone please confirm?

thanking you

govind

Yes RNAV is modelled. I get VDev magenda diamond on PFD when following this kind of approach after D waypoint activation. I also switch to Trk on FCU. Are you sure that you follow all the step by step guide passages?

5 hours ago, masterhawk said:

We have RNAV modeled.

I just have a query. In mcdu when I chose rnav runway 4r as approach.. All the way points were added as I said. In legs page automatically the glidepath angle must be shown between  final approach fix and the runway point isnt it? I am just asking even if the glidepath angle is not shown.. It's ok? 

2 hours ago, Alessio75 said:

Yes RNAV is modelled. I get VDev magenda diamond on PFD when following this kind of approach after D waypoint activation. I also switch to Trk on FCU. Are you sure that you follow all the step by step guide passages?

Yes . I followed all the right procedures. But in tutorial there is no mention of rnav procedure. In step by step there is no rnav tutorial. Do u mean to say there is in the tutorial? And also when u do rnav gps approach... In the mcdu when u select the final approach... Is it necessary to see the glidepath angle between final approach fix and runway point always? 

Yes I have a non precision approach (npa) paragraph in the last part of my step by step guide. What airbus version you have? Mine is v1.31 (Fsx)

You get an energy circle in navigation display if you choose a selected/selected RNAV. Otherwise you need to follow the Vdev diamond on PFD display. Normally you can get the path angle in the airport charts, as far i know there isn't the angle information in Mcdu.

5 hours ago, Alessio75 said:

Yes I have a non precision approach (npa) paragraph in the last part of my step by step guide. What airbus version you have? Mine is v1.31 (Fsx)

You get an energy circle in navigation display if you choose a selected/selected RNAV. Otherwise you need to follow the Vdev diamond on PFD display. Normally you can get the path angle in the airport charts, as far i know there isn't the angle information in Mcdu.

Yes I do have the latest version of 1.31. May I know the exact page number on which this information is provided in step by step so that I can check it? 

It's good to know that the glidepath angle created by fmc won't be shown on the mcdu. It's there in chart. That I know. So without glidepath angle too rnav works. That was my doubt.. I thought it must be shown in fmc. 

• Deputy Sheriffs
2 hours ago, govind said:

Yes I do have the latest version of 1.31. May I know the exact page number on which this information is provided in step by step so that I can check it? 

It's good to know that the glidepath angle created by fmc won't be shown on the mcdu. It's there in chart. That I know. So without glidepath angle too rnav works. That was my doubt.. I thought it must be shown in fmc. 

Chapter 7 starting at page 79

12 hours ago, masterhawk said:

Chapter 7 starting at page 79

Thank you so much.. I read through this. Just one final doubt. Before reaching deccel point it's told to press app switch as well as fpa switch in no particular order. So in order to perform a rnav approach as guidance from fmc.. Is it a must to press fpa too? As per airbus standard procedures... Its only required to press app switch right? Why is it required to press both app and flight path angle button? Is this how it's modeled in aerosoft a320? 

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, govind said:

Thank you so much.. I read through this. Just one final doubt. Before reaching deccel point it's told to press app switch as well as fpa switch in no particular order. So in order to perform a rnav approach as guidance from fmc.. Is it a must to press fpa too? As per airbus standard procedures... Its only required to press app switch right? Why is it required to press both app and flight path angle button? Is this how it's modeled in aerosoft a320? 

This is SOP from one Airline. In our bus it will work with or without pressed TRK/FPA.

Please login to display this image.

So basically  as per sop for a rav approach there is  no need to press fpu/trk switch correct? 

Only for ndb or vor approach it might be required to her suitable descent angle for vertical guidance. 

Am I right to conclude like this? 

On 7/2/2020 at 12:06 AM, masterhawk said:

This is SOP from one Airline. In our bus it will work with or without pressed TRK/FPA.

can you please confirm what I asked before? Just want to confirm.

• Deputy Sheriffs
2 hours ago, govind said:

can you please confirm what I asked before? Just want to confirm.

It’s all about specific approach and aircraft equipment. In other FCOM you have to press also FPA for RNAV appr.

But there is also a complete approach chapter in FCOM for FPA:

Now just the beginning of this chapter.

I suggest to look yourself for a FCOM. Google is your friend. Or start with smartcockpit.com

Archived