Before start checklist doesn't work

Nearly every flight i try with the A320 series the before start checklist doesn't work. I don't know what I am doing wrong as the cockpit prep checklist works perfectly fine. I shut the passenger doors, cargo doors etc and I get the "Captain, doors are locked and cabin is secure" message and that should trigger the before start checklist to start but it doesn't it just hangs on. I also use GSX and I disconnect the jetway before I shut the doors, after door is shut is when i request the toe truck for taxi

• Deputy Sheriffs

Please tell us first, which version you are using / talking about e.g. P3D v4.5 or P3D v5 as well as the update. Your installation should be on the actual experimental Airbus version. If you look into this section of the forum you will find a lot of threads dealing with the same subject and all could be solved. If you have GSX installed I allways sugest (after the Cockpit Preparation CL has been finished) just to use the GSX function "Prepare for Pushback". This function automatically removes the jetway, closes all doors etc. and automatically the "Before Start CL" should start......(running in parallel with the GSX pushback).

I am using P3D V4 and the latest version of the Airbus add-on and i tried what you said about usuing the Prepare for Pushback but the before start CL STILL doesn't trigger. I am usuing 1.3.1.0 of the A320

• 2 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs
On 30.6.2020 at 10:46, Hanse sagte:

If you look into this section of the forum you will find a lot of threads dealing with the same subject and all could be solved. If you have GSX installed I allways sugest (after the Cockpit Preparation CL has been finished) just to use the GSX function "Prepare for Pushback". This function automatically removes the jetway, closes all doors etc. and automatically the "Before Start CL" should start......(running in parallel with the GSX pushback).

Still having this problem after searching the forum and following the advice m.a.?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

About which model you are talking because the CL for the smaller models and the A330 are different. Have you updated to the latest experimental version available for your plane? And did you check in the MCDU3 that after using GSX really all doors / windows are closed?

57 minutes ago, Hanse said:

About which model you are talking because the CL for the smaller models and the A330 are different. Have you updated to the latest experimental version available for your plane? And did you check in the MCDU3 that after using GSX really all doors / windows are closed?

Sorry I’m using the a320/a321 professional. Yes I updated to v1.4.0.2 and yes I’ve checked the MCDU3, I even tried to open and close the main exit again

The GSX pushback option is highlighted in the MCDU, despite this I have even tried closing the doors manually which also hasn’t worked

• Deputy Sheriffs

Are you also using the latest GSX? Have you updated it, by running the FSDT updater?

Settings in GSX as requested by the Guide in the Airbus documents folder?

56 minutes ago, masterhawk said:

Are you also using the latest GSX? Have you updated it, by running the FSDT updater?

Settings in GSX as requested by the Guide in the Airbus documents folder?

yes I use the FSDT updater regularly but I will double check the GSX settings and let you know 

1 hour ago, lundster said:

yes I use the FSDT updater regularly but I will double check the GSX settings and let you know 

I have checked my gsx settings, even restarted and the before start checklist still doesn’t start

• Deputy Sheriffs

There are various things happening before the CL really starts e. g. you hear the PF saying "BEFORE START CL". To find out more what maybe causes the issue on your system please check the following:

• Do you start from C&D/TA or are you using a saved flight?
  • Do you see on the INFOBAR the message "CLOSE DOORS or GSX: PREPARE FOR PUSHBACK" and does it stay there all the time? (MCDU3 OPTIONS/CHECKLISTS INFOBAR=ON)
  • Do you hear a "beep"
  • Move your thrust levers forward and then back - maybe recalibrate the throttle on your joystick
  • In the MCDU3 OPTIONS / SOUND please set CABIN CREW to ON

Maybe this helps to find the issue. Please report back.

1 hour ago, Hanse said:

There are various things happening before the CL really starts e. g. you hear the PF saying "BEFORE START CL". To find out more what maybe causes the issue on your system please check the following:

• Do you see on the INFOBAR the message "CLOSE DOORS or GSX: PREPARE FOR PUSHBACK" and does it stay there all the time?
  • Do you hear a "beep"
  • Move your thrust levers forward and then back - maybe recalibrate the throttle on your joystick
  • In the MCDU3 OPTIONS / SOUND please set CABIN CREW to ON

Maybe this helps to find the issue. Please report back.

the infobar stays steady, no beep and cabin crew sound Is on but I did recalibrate my joystick which solved the issue. 

thanks for getting me flying again 😀🛫

• Hanse locked this topic

Archived