6 years later and still no update?

Hi all,

I love PFPX but I'm finding that certain "codes"/features is still lacking. With the above tread title I'm referring to this old tread -> 

I'm working on an OFP template and I'm also looking for AVG TRACK and TOC TROPOPAUSE and the ability to have the Navlog display the title text above every new page (as most real world OFP's do), amongst other things.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not lashing out at PFPX or anything...who am I to even "force" requests as top priority...however as a PFPX entousiast from day 1, it is dissapointing that it takes so long between updates (if the software is even still in development..). For instance, often I'm busy planning a flight and the program just crashes on me (v2.03 and mostly during weather [ASKY] loading but sometimes also during calculations when a second time it calulates perfect without crashing). I've learned to expect this but I don't think it's a very stable software..

1. Does any of you have alternate suggestions how to bypass the lack of above request (AVG TRACK, TOC TROPOPAUSE, Navlog display the title text above every new page)?
2. Developers, are you still developing? Is the software alive/dead? It's just for me a piece of mind that I can either move on instead of ranting on here...don't hold this against me.

I refuse to switch over to the competitions as personally I find none of them to the level of this software. I think this software has so much more potential. I love it! It just sucks that there is absolutely little to no updates/fixes/status updates etc (apart from here and there support from what I can see). And I know you all have a life, so do I. But not even a 5 minute status update now and then????

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, chkl said:

Unable to plan an oceanic flight completely correct because the custom mach speeds randomly appear or disappear :( :( :(

Tried the file I posted ?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have to agree with planebass regarding updates. I too am having trouble with some of the field codes when I am constructing my OFP. I've already mentioned it here before. Not only that, it would be nice to the Tropopause info can be displayed correctly instead of the standard 361. This also includes the files import from ActiveSky & OpusFSI as a secondary source if we don't have a weather subscription with PFPX. It just makes the OFP look a little dull with information that is lacking from the real OFP because PFPX is missing codes to allow us to use.

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/151593-display-averages-speeds-on-ofp/

On 6/29/2020 at 3:10 PM, planebass said:

I'm working on an OFP template and I'm also looking for AVG TRACK and TOC TROPOPAUSE and the ability to have the Navlog display the title text above every new page (as most real world OFP's do), amongst other things.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not lashing out at PFPX or anything...who am I to even "force" requests as top priority...however as a PFPX entousiast from day 1, it is dissapointing that it takes so long between updates (if the software is even still in development..).

I hear you not that one. Having same issue for the OFP I am creating, using the Jeppesen Jetplan format.

Is EK these days still using LIDO FP software??

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sigh, are we ever going to hear from the developer regarding updates? I'm upset that there has been a lack of communication to us paying customers. If the development is dead, at least let us know so we can seek for another alternative. This was once the best flight planner for flight simming and now we have SimBrief. But I like PFPX better because it gives us the option to use load our own airac cycle.

Archived