All buildings missing from EDDF

Dear Support,

Today I updated Mega Airport Frankkfurt for P3D v5 HF2 from 2.0.0.1 to 2.0.1.0 using the Aerosoft Updater. After starting a flight at EDDF I am greeted with an unusual scene. All buildings and objects (except for SODE jetways) are missing.

The last time I flew from EDDF everything was fine. That was about a month ago when I was still on v5 HF1, so it's hard to say whether the cause of the isue is due to the upgrade from HF1->HF2, or from the scenery update.

I uninstalled EDDF from the Add or remove programs and made sure the folder was deleted. After reinstall (2.0.0.1), the problem persists. The airport has been placed at the top of my scenery library.

I am using ORBX Global, Vector and Germany (North & South). I have indicated in the config tool that I am using FTX Germany.

Has anyone else seen this issue before?

Cheers,

Louis

Please login to display this image.

• Developer

Check the Orbx Docu for the Insertpoint, they must be below all airport addons.

The reinstall of an addon will insert this at the end of the list of all addons, which could generate such issues, not only for Frankfurt.

1 hour ago, OPabst said:

Check the Orbx Docu for the Insertpoint, they must be below all airport addons.

The reinstall of an addon will insert this at the end of the list of all addons, which could generate such issues, not only for Frankfurt.

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for your answer. EDDF was inserted using the addon.xml method with priority #2 in the scenery library (see attached screenshot). My ORBX products are arranged in the correct fashion: Non-ORBX ICAO, ORBX ICAO, ORBX regions, ORBX openLC.

I checked my ORBX settings (see attached). Paris Orly is indeed the last non-ORBX airport in my scenery library, so I can't see any problems.

I've flown around several other non-ORBX add-on airports around Europe and I haven't encountered this issue anywhere else (yet).

Cheers,

Louis

• Developer

Can you please post a screenshot of the scenery Library List (nit the Add-ons List) from within the P3D World Menu.

15 hours ago, OPabst said:

Can you please post a screenshot of the scenery Library List (nit the Add-ons List) from within the P3D World Menu.

Hi Oliver,

I've attached my scenery library list as a ZIP file because there are quite a lot of entries.

In the meantime I ran a Verify Files check on all of my ORBX products and the problem still persists.

Other airports in-and-outside of Germany look fine, but Frankfurt is still a problem. As you can see, default ETOU (a few miles from EDDF) looks OK, as does Just Sim's Hamburg. As far as I'm aware it's only EDDF that displays the issue.

I could try playing around with the scenery options in the EDDF configurator, but I don't see how that would affect the actual terminal buildings, and this has never been an issue before.

If it was a scenery library order problem then I would expect to see similar issues at nearby airports, which I don't. So far my best guess is that the HF2 installation messed something up. I have always had to fix at least one issue after an HF install so it seems plausible.

Cheers,

Louis

• Developer

Ok, go to  World > Scenery Library and then remove the double entry of Mega Airport Frankfurt, you find in layer 78 (see below)

I don't know, how as done this entry, it was not the Installer and not the Config Tool.

Maybe the Lorby Tool, would not be the first time this tool is involved in issues.

Hi Oliver,

Wow, very good catch. I don't know how I managed this, nor do I know how long it would've taken me to notice it. Everything id now resolved.

For future reference, I will add the possbility of duplicate scenery entries to my troubleshooting quiver!

Cheers,

Louis

• Developer

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived