Product Folder not found

Hello.

I installed the first Aerosoft product; the Mega Airport Zurich V2.0 Professional for P3D v5

It also installed the Aerosoft Updater tool.

When launching the Aerosoft Updater tool an error message is displayed that the product folder cannot be found.

The folder the error message is pointing to is actually not existing.

Shall the folder be manually created?

An additional finding:

The Product "Mega Airport Zurich Professional" is labeled as V2.0

In the Scenery Library it is labeld as V4.

The created folder in which the product is installed is labeld V5.

In my oppinion it would be good to snychronize the version information; at least the one in the scenery library and the install folder.

Best regards and thank you for your support

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

The missing products folder might be somewhere else, because inside that folder should be a file placed by the Zurich installer. You can create the folder manually, but you will still miss the file.

The Name of the entry in the scenery library is in the add-on.xml of the library stored. V2 is the version of the scenery. V4 or v5 determines if it’s for prepar3d v4 or v5.

You installed the sim inside program files. Not the best decision. Because that folder is special protected by windows.

Always install addons and the sim in a folder like for example:

c:\flightsim\p3dv5

c:\flightsim\addons

And Zurich doesn’t need to be in the documents addon folder, as it is self registering in the sim.

• Developer

This is a known issue that only occurs when the first product using the ASUpdater is installed. The installers are being fixed.

As a temporary workaround, you can manually create a products folder (<Documents>\Aerosoft\ASUpdater\Products} and then run the Zürich Installer again. The product data will be installed correctly then.

Thank you all for your support. I'm new to Preap3D so I was not messing arround with the installation directory of P3D. I also realized that it installs a lot of things in other directories such as the ProgramData Folder or the App/Roaming. 

I also decided to install all add on's into the add on directory; however I read about the new add on and scenery registration mechanism using the add-on.xml file.

With your suggestion ti install Zurich again I was able to fix the issue with the missing products folder.

Best regards!

Archived