Autogen xml entries..stop..stop..stop.

keino333

Ok... Good day All,

Now I'm pretty resolve and resilent when it comes to voicing my concerns over scenery development.  But this topic has been the bain of my frutrations for well over a year now.  By now we are all well aware that LM and autogen xml descriptions limitation (limited to one soucre).  So its beyond me at this date, that still we are seeing developers push out scenery utlizing this method.  In the last year alone,  3 tiles all of which I own, under the Aerosoft umbrella have provide installers with the Autogen folder that affects the global presence of autogern Buildings but perdominantly trees/vegetation.  With the most recent release of Tailstrike's LICR, I can no longer sit quietly.  I would be remise if I did not state that something must give.  It is frustrating/vexing to have to go through all scenery to determine what went wrong. ( and especially when one (I) own all of Aerosoft Scenery titles.  Therefore, I urge, plea, and simiply ask Aerosoft to either inform the consumer when such entries are included with the scenery or /and have developers refrain from using the autogen entry.  I my opinion at this present day and age it is irresponsible to place these burdens upon the consume who only wishes to have their scenery to display the best and comprehenaive visuals of our sims.

With great respect

Keino

• Deputy Sheriffs

Yes, this bug is a pain and still not all Devs have knowledge.
Tailstrike is aware of this problem and is working on a solution.

One customer reported v5HF2 does finally fix the problem from LM side. I haven't tested yet.

But, my personal setup is using autogenconfigurationmerger to solve the problem. 
ORBX, FranceVFR, Tropicalsim, MKStudios, Tailstrike,..... all runing without problems.

17 hours ago, masterhawk said:

Yes, this bug is a pain and still not all Devs have knowledge.
Tailstrike is aware of this problem and is working on a solution.

One customer reported v5HF2 does finally fix the problem from LM side. I haven't tested yet.

But, my personal setup is using autogenconfigurationmerger to solve the problem. 
ORBX, FranceVFR, Tropicalsim, MKStudios, Tailstrike,..... all runing without problems.

Good to know.  Also, while it may have been corrected in p3dv5 (namely with HFII) it is still a prevalent issue in v4.5 with HFIII.  I can confirm, this even to a wider perspective.  I carry all of the names you shared above + more.  I have over 1009 titles in my cfg.  Any one title I leave active (via xml) containing an autogen folder will and has had a global disruption.  From Checkerboard Autogen, to missing autogen along the border of the addon scenery, to awkward sized autogen trees.  I see the same issues when others in my VA post screenshots to our boards. 

At the moment here are the titles that carry or carried Autogen files:

all FranceVFR, all Tropicalsim, Lukla, LICR,  Chania, GodZone - Christ Church, Gaya Simulations, Richer Simulation and Paulo Richardo.  

(MKStudios has never released scenery using autogen folder)

If there is a ceiling with LM where we can have all scenery active, both the scenery cfg or and xml procedures active, then I exceeded it.  Not even the CFM tool helped to resolve this for me.  In the end a few of the developers I mentioned above forwarded me the fix for my setup whereby removing the Autogen folders in its entirety.  

I hope we can come to a unified solution.

• Deputy Sheriffs
4 hours ago, keino333 said:

Good to know.  Also, while it may have been corrected in p3dv5 (namely with HFII) it is still a prevalent issue in v4.5 with HFIII.  I can confirm, this even to a wider perspective.  I carry all of the names you shared above + more.  I have over 1009 titles in my cfg.  Any one title I leave active (via xml) containing an autogen folder will and has had a global disruption.  From Checkerboard Autogen, to missing autogen along the border of the addon scenery, to awkward sized autogen trees.  I see the same issues when others in my VA post screenshots to our boards. 

At the moment here are the titles that carry or carried Autogen files:

all FranceVFR, all Tropicalsim, Lukla, LICR,  Chania, GodZone - Christ Church, Gaya Simulations, Richer Simulation and Paulo Richardo.  

(MKStudios has never released scenery using autogen folder)

If there is a ceiling with LM where we can have all scenery active, both the scenery cfg or and xml procedures active, then I exceeded it.  Not even the CFM tool helped to resolve this for me.  In the end a few of the developers I mentioned above forwarded me the fix for my setup whereby removing the Autogen folders in its entirety.  

I hope we can come to a unified solution.

MKStudio did, but they write direct into the default file. Then that is replaced by ORBX and their autogen is gone.

Madeira, Napoli, ...

Archived