Lufthansa Pilot & FO Avatars

Hello Gentz;

I have looked through the forum to see if there an area to post this question but so far I do not see one yet. I have run into an interesting application called "Lufthansa Pilot & FO Avatars" and installed in my system but cannot find a more clear instructions on how to correctly employed on the splash screen as seen on the screen shot attached? The installation did came with a PDF of how to operate them at the key board but no clear instructions how to employ it in the splash screen with the a vehicle selected. Its there a video or PDF that will show how to totally employ it??. The video available on youtube does not cover those details. 

Regards

Fernando R.

Please login to display this image.

Understood Mathijs and thanks.......I thought this app was developed by AES per info on the PDF.

Support for this product is offered by Aerosoft. We prefer to have a support forum for the simple reason that it is fast and efficient because customers help customers when we are sleeping: http://www.forum.aerosoft.com

Who its or Where exactly its the correct location??..Any links that could be shared then?

Regards

Fernando R.

Hi Mathijs;

I do not have Pd3v5 installed in my system so I can not say for sure base on that screen shot, I am still using Pd3v4.5 however, yes that would be the area to choose it from (Vehicle settings menu) if for example; an A330 for Lufthansa its selected for vehicle to flight, how do the FO or CAPT avatar its inserted in the splash screen along with the vehicle as you see it on that attachment (from youtube Video)...That's what I am confused and trying to find out. I was wondering if there its another POC for the developers since no other shows on the PDF so I can consult and get guidance or advise?

Regards;

Fernando R.

Hi Mathijs;

I am just trying to find out if there's a website link to whomever will provide or share either PDF or Manual on how to completely employee this feature.  As posted previously it refers back to the forum but not a specific location where to go. The PFD that comes with the download only shows  a to use the keyboard for motion  for the avatar but not how to employ it or make it being seeing get it on the splash screen along with the vehicle its already being chosen for flight.

Regards;

Fernando R.

• Developer

Hi Fernando,

I have the feeling, you misunderstood the function of the Avatars in P3D.

It is not the pilot or copilot of your aircraft you have selected and you can‘t place them on the seats in the cockpit.

It is just another form of „vehicle“ you can select and instead of flying a aircraft, you can select a Avatar to walk around the scene. And you can use the „outside view“ to see you walking around.

But I am not the developer of the „Product“ you reverence’s here.

Hi OP.!..Thanks for the input!..Yes I saw it on a video that it posted in youtube that its only on the exterior view not to place them in the cockpit so cannot view from the exterior the current aircraft that you have chosen to fly at that same moment then?....Meaning if I am flying the Sim at the moment with an A320 you cannot place that avatar on the exterior of the A320 and  jump back in the cockpit of the  aircraft being used and continue the flight.....Like use the Avatar for the "Walk Around"...This was my curiosity!

Regards

Fernando R. 

• Developer

In P3D V4.x I never saw an option to select an Aircraft and an Avatar the same time.

But the screenshot Mathijs shows above from V5 seams be show such an option. I never checked it yet, as it is a nice to have feature, but will have a look into it tomorrow.

• Developer

Ok,

had a look into the Avatar parts in V4.5 (is the same as in V5). The following step explain, what to do to use a Avatar beside the Aircraft to make your walkaround with it:

1.) Doublecheck, that the Enable Avatar Mode checkbox is selected und Options -> General

2.) While you select the Aircraft Vehicle, you can select the Avatar you want to use above the list (in V5 it is below as Mathijs shows on his screenshot)

3.) Check via Option -> Conrolls for the Key Assignments (1), enter in Search "Avatar" (2) and then check the Keycombi assigned to "Attach/Detach Avatar" (3), per default it is Ctrl+Shift+E

3.) When you sit in the cockpit, you now can press the the Keycombi (Ctrl+Shift+E) and the Avatar you select in Step 2 is generated beside the aircraft and you can now make your walkaround the aircraft.

When you press the Keycombi again, you get back in the cockpit and the avatar is removed.

I hope it helps and is what you have search for.

• Developer

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived