A3xx and ASP3D

ronharr

Flight from Edinburgh to Heathrow, it seems that ASCA activation (v7471) caused massive freezing. Opening task manager indicated that P3D was "not responding" but I noticed that the running memory had plunged and was rebuilding. Waiting it out saw a resumption of the flight as soon as sufficient memory reloaded. This happened about half a dozen times in the flight. 

I'm not sure what the cause is, but I will repeat the flight without ProATC and AS3PD to rule out P3D and A320, then reintroduce the add-ons one at a time to see which might be causing the issue.

Has anyone else experienced this?

RonH

afternoon Ron. I was getting ctd from active sky with this new update p3dv5 hotfix 2 . if i do not run active sky i can fly the a330 all day. so i believe the bus may not be at fault. cheers

• Deputy Sheriffs

How about the Airbus professional support forum?

I will move it for you. Next time, please make yourself familiar with the forum structure.

Thanks for moving the topic it was not clear to me that this was a support issue rather than merely a discursive one.

Further to the topic. I found that OrbX TE GB and ASP3D Beta6 do not go together well on my system flying A320. Disabling TE GB and using ENG/SCO resulted in acceptable flight. Curious since my system runs two GTX 2080Ti cards. The one that is used shows memory usage of around 5.1GB out available 9 or so GB.

So, problem is not, I think, the A320. It appears to be an interaction of ASP3D, OrbX and P3D memory usage but I'm not savvy enough to know which of them contributes most to the issue.

RonH

Archived