CRJ Professional P3D v5 HF2

If time could be measured in kinks or bugs....2 would be the answer. 

Send happy programmer thoughts and wishes to Hans and this could help speed things up. He works hard! 

1 hour ago, Alexey969 said:

We have long been awaiting this beautiful aircraft in P3Dv5. Is there any information about the release dates?

In another topic, Hans Hartmann said they are shooting for early next week, barring any last minute show-stopper bugs.

6 hours ago, Alexey969 said:

I just updated. I can say that this is the most beautiful cockpit lighting.

A320 has strange spots on the panel. And here the light is amazing. FPS is great!

Thanks for this bird !! I'll see how he behaves in flight.

Yeah the FPS is much improved for me. My settings are almost maxed out too.

Just wondering if anyone has had crash to desktop issues with the new CRJ while running P3D v5? If I select the CRJ as my aircraft and then launch P3D it immediately CTDs. However, if I select another aircraft first, wait for the sim to load, then pick the CRJ after the airport is loaded, all is fine. 

3 minutes ago, mopperle said:

And what is the exact error message?

There is no error message. It just bombs. There is nothing in dxdiag related to any errors. I'm looking for other logs that I can reference, but I've not found one yet.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Check the Windows eventviewer undder Windows Logs -> Applications for an entry at the time of the crash.

vor 27 Minuten, utexgrad sagte:

However, if I select another aircraft first, wait for the sim to load, then pick the CRJ after the airport is loaded, all is fine. 

This is the way you should always start the CRJ´s in P3D.

In V5 till now no CTD´s happens to me but only 4 flights.

Wolfgang

31 minutes ago, mopperle said:

Check the Windows eventviewer undder Windows Logs -> Applications for an entry at the time of the crash.

This is what I'm getting under Info in the event log:

Fault bucket 2082957216981124218, type 4
Event Name: APPCRASH
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: Prepar3D.exe
P2: 5.0.31.35253
P3: 5eebf566
P4: KERNELBASE.dll
P5: 10.0.19041.292
P6: 84cd251b
P7: c0020001
P8: 0000000000023e49
P9: 
P10: 

And this is in the Error section:

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 5.0.31.35253, time stamp: 0x5eebf566
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.292, time stamp: 0x84cd251b
Exception code: 0xc0020001
Fault offset: 0x0000000000023e49
Faulting process id: 0x3578
Faulting application start time: 0x01d64facc1e2356f
Faulting application path: L:\My Programs\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: ad869918-88fe-4cce-bc4a-61d02e8c9ac3
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Yeah this one is strange.... Nobody had this particular one reported in beta.

There are some known issues with realight in V5 in general, and now that HF2 is out I'm excitedly waiting for TDFi to smack some sense into their modules, especially regarding the VRAM use, but the RJ hasn't been one of the fussy planes for me, only the Airbus family. 

Try a vanilla run with all other add-ons disabled to see if there's a conflict popping up. 

My personal (read:try at your own risk) solution was to change realight.dll to realight.dll.off until reallight gets an update. (It's under the master gauges folder). Certainly changes the visuals, but reduced the CTDs for me on the A320 family. 

Let us know :)

• Deputy Sheriffs

Kernelbase.dll errors are extremly hard to track, as they can be caused by nearly everything. E.g. if the CRJ calls a function in a core Windows DLL file and if this file is broken/outdated whatever and returns something unexpected, the result might be such a CTD.

And as Wolfgang said, it is good practice to first start with a default aircraft and then load the CRJ. This applies to nearly all complex aircraft.

1 minute ago, utexgrad said:

I appreciate all of the advice and replies, along with your patience with my semi-hijacking of this thread :)

Gotta love flight sim troubleshooting. Fixes here and there and everywhere and then nobody is running the same baseline. It's no wonder the PC world struggles getting consistent lol.

I remember one ages ago where I had to get a friend to email me a DLL from a previous version of a sim so I had working gauges on my plane. (POSKY days) 

And there was a tale of a guy who ripped a file out of the Sims (like the people simulation one) or something to replace another missing file in his sys32. Claimed it was a magic fix. 

I can't imagine being a developer and reading that bugfix. It'd take 4ft of concrete to stop be from slamming my head into the ground.

Archived