Older version of MA EDDF wanted

hello,

is it possible to get the original version 2.0 of EDDF for P3D5? Today I downloaded and installed the 2001 Version, updated afterwards to 2010. But ist performance is terrible now. With the PMDG 747 at gate A20 fps are dropping after about five minutes to 11; coming from about 25. Never had this with the older version and switching to EDDB e.g. the frames are rising up to 35. Unfortunately I have no backup from version 2.000. So I ask you tp put it in my account back again.

thanks Kai

• Developer

Is it on day or night?

The only change is the dynamic lights, but they should only effect the night. The rest is minor changes in poly or texture corrections.

Check the situation by disable the dynamic lights.

And, I think you have installed the last days the HF2 for P3D V5, so another big source of changes.

But I will check the situation tomorrow too as I have installed the final HF2 today and I see same drops two, which I did not see last week with a older Build of Beta HF2.

And you should have a „Backup“ of the Version 2.0.0.1 in your shop download, as I know, the Fullinstaller is still on the older Version. 

Hi Oliver,

thanks for your answers.

No, I'm still on HF1 again, but I tried HF2 before noon this day. But I've had performanceproblems too (poor fps) so I went back to HF1 by installing the three HF1 modules of P3Dv5 again and backplaying a backup, made with simstarter before. So everything is working fine again and situated like before, except Frankfurt. The situation occurs at daytime In the Cockpit I start with About 25 fps but after going outside and back into the VC, having some movements there the Frames are dropping to about 11-14fps. 

Maybe you can find out something, that would be nice.

Kai

• Developer

But the scenery code is fix data, there is nothing happen different when sitting inside the cockpit or going outside, only the the code of the cockpit is gone and reloaded. The scenery is the same.

Download the Installer again, uninstall the scenery correct and reinstaller the Version 2.0.0.1, then we see of the situation is good again for you.

The changes in the Update are only placements different and the dynlight use only unidirectional effects, which are much more effective then the spotlights used before.

So, there is nothing added, which effects the GPU more or needs more loading. When using HF1 there is nothing really changed (in performance relevant parts).

• Developer

So,

have made some test now, based on P3D V5 HF2 (5.0.31.35253), where I save 3 scenarios with different view direction and for day or night time.

Then I compare the average frames and variations between default, EDDF 2.0.0.1 and 2.0.1.0.

The default is less then 10% faster then 2.0.1.0 of EDDF

The difference between 2.0.0.1 and 2.0.1.0 is very small, but the last version 2.0.1.0 is around 5% faster.

The difference between day and night is also very small, but will lose maybe 5--7% in night, but that is not much, based on the hundreds of dynlights active there.

And even when it says nothing, i have frames with my setting >60/sec.

That the frames goes down, when I set "Enhanced Atmospherics" on or activate the UTLive traffic, use a complex Aircraft, that is clear and has nothing to do with the scenery.

And this framelevel is in the same range as on other larger Airports, like LEBL, LEMD or EGLL, where EDDF is the fastest of this list.

There is no critical issue seen in the Update to V2.0.1.0 of EDDF, the airport is a littlebit faster now.

Thanks Oliver,

so I have to search more to find out what's wrong here. But good to know that I don't Need an older Version of EDDF. It's curious, just did a test with the A320; super frames after starting the scenery at gate 18 and during driving up the systems of the bus, the frames slowed down to 11, see Picture (here I Show the PMDG747 with the same behaviour). In EDDK I acchieve about 30 fps with the same Settings.

Kai

Please login to display this image.

• Developer

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived