EDDF 2.0.1.0 P3Dv5 hotfix 2 not updating with Aerosoft Updater tool

BrianV

Hi, I downloaded the latest EDDF Frankfurt from my Aerosoft account (having uninstalled the old version first). When opening the Aerosoft Updater it asks me to update from 2.0.0.1 to 2.0.1.0. Yet, when running the updater it does not complete it. I have antivirus and windows defender switched off during installation of EDDF. Not sure what causes this problem in updating from 2.0.0.1 to 2.0.1.0 for use with P3Dv5 hotfix 2.

Thanks for any advice, Brian

Please login to display this image.

• Developer

Can you try to start the ASupdater "As Administrator"

Have just test the update here, no issue with the unzip of the EDDF update.

But there seams to be also another Addon listet in the path ..\Documents\Aerosoft\ASUpdater\Products which is not anymore found (folder does not exist! Message at the begining of the screenshot).

But that will not be the reason of this issue you reported.

Hi, many thanks for the quick reply. I tried just to start it As Administrator, but unfortunately the outcome is the same. The path problem might relate to products from P3Dv4? I have removed P3Dv4 but left a few products in place. I will try to remove them, as that might cause the path folder problem? 

• Developer

Can you switch off the antivirus and defender too, before you start the update in Asupdater, understand your post, that it was off only for the run of the installer before.
The configtool is in the update and sometime wrong detected as virus in it. 

I just tried to switch both of them off, before starting the ASupdater, unfortunately the same happens. I do have the configtool installed and excluded from the virus scanner but even so and with the scanners off, the ASupdater still won't update EDDF unfortunately.

• Developer

Can you please send me two files from <Documents>\Aerosoft\ASUpdater\Logs

• ASUpdater_App_Log.txt
  • Mega Airport Frankfurt Professional V5 *.txt (either all Frankfurt files or the one with the highest version number)

I would like to check if any errors occured during the update.

• Developer

There's no entry for Frankfurt in the asupdater_app_log.txt and the frankfurt file ends directly after the header. There are also no error messages. This also means that nothing went wrong. The updater simply found no reason to update. I will reinstall my Frankfurt and give it a try here. May be there's something wrong with the server-side configuration file.

• Developer

OK. I tried. I uninstalled Frankfurt 2.0.1.0, installed 2.0.0.1 and ran the installer. It worked without an issue.

Can you tell me which version of the updater you use? Is it 1.5.0.4? because your ASUpdater_App_Log.txt is missing a whole lot of information (compare to mine and you'll see the difference - which is not just because of the number of add-ons that I have installed) which should be in there if it's the current version.

ASUpdater_App_Log.txt

Thanks Hans, wow yes that's a major difference between your installation and mine. Indeed, mine shows as 1.5.0.4 too. Is there a way for me to remove and reinstall it, and perhaps this way get it working as it should? ... if not, the easiest option might be for me to remove all of my AS products in the list, and try again. I guess that should solve it. I'll give that a try tomorrow.

Thanks Hans, odd these look like the same files as in my installation (see attached). Nevertheless, I replaced my version with yours, but the outcome is the same. It still doesn't complete the update. 

• Developer

I must admit that I've never seen in this "End of Central Directory" message in my whole life as a programmer. I looked it up and it means that the zip file can't be read because something's wrong with its structure. What I don't understand is, that it unpacks here but not on your system.

Anyway, I downloaded the zip from the updater server, unpacked it, repackaged it with 7-zip and re-uploaded it again.

Please check if it works now.

Hi Hans, I just removed all Aerosoft from my system, including the ASupdater, to start on a fresh, and when I do, the EDDF from yesterday still didn't update... I will try to redownload it now from my Aerosoft account and see if this helps, fingers crossed. Thanks for reuploading it, I hope this will work.

Would it be possible to get the zip file update via email or in my Aerosoft account and then install it manually without the ASupdater tool?

Hi Oliver, just to let you know that it all worked with the sent zip file. Everything is back in good order fortunately. Thanks and all the best.

• Developer

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived