Scenery Configurator don't find ProgramData\Lockheed Martin Folder

Marshall01

4 hours ago, OPabst said:

Ok, the Productdescription for Frankfurt is now changed on the ASUpdater Server, please try again to run the ASUpdater and update Frankfurt. Check if the tool has 1.2.1.1 on the headline.

Well ok it has updated but the issue still remains of the configurator.

Please login to display this image.

ASUpdater_App_Log.txt Mega Airport Frankfurt 2.0 Professional_1.2.1.1_Log.txt

• Developer

Ok, but the tool can read the Registry correct, but now it is a different error massage: The P3D V4 Path stored in the registry is not the Path, your P3D V4 seams to be now.

Based on the ASUpdater Log, the Path is D:\Lockheed Martin\ where the P3D V4 is.

Did you Move the P3D Folder sometimes?

Anway, you need to correct your registry, but using RegEDT32, you can start by pressing the Windows Start Button end type regedt32

then browse to the Key Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

There you find a Key named SetupPath, where the wrong directory is set (C:\ProgramData\Lockked Martin\Prepar3D V4

The the SetupPath should have the D:\Lockheed Martin\ as Value, when this is the path your Prepar3D.exe Main Folder.

Simple doublecklick the SetupPath Key and change the Value to the correct folder.

And then check this also for the keys Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 Scenery and

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 Content in the same way.

1 hour ago, OPabst said:

Ok, but the tool can read the Registry correct, but now it is a different error massage: The P3D V4 Path stored in the registry is not the Path, your P3D V4 seams to be now.

Based on the ASUpdater Log, the Path is D:\Lockheed Martin\ where the P3D V4 is.

Did you Move the P3D Folder sometimes?

Anway, you need to correct your registry, but using RegEDT32, you can start by pressing the Windows Start Button end type regedt32

then browse to the Key Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

There you find a Key named SetupPath, where the wrong directory is set (C:\ProgramData\Lockked Martin\Prepar3D V4

The the SetupPath should have the D:\Lockheed Martin\ as Value, when this is the path your Prepar3D.exe Main Folder.

Simple doublecklick the SetupPath Key and change the Value to the correct folder.

And then check this also for the keys Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 Scenery and

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 Content in the same way.

I respectifully ask that you don't try and shift ownership of this problem onto me. I have always had my simulator on D:\ and have never changed it, I am on a flight at the moment but will check the registery as you suggest. But I have checked this not that long ago and it was correct. Other Aerosoft senery's are installed with no issues.

EDDF is working fine and is a good scenery, this issue does not cause a scenery failure.  I will check in here in a few days time to see if you have come up with a fix.

Edit:- Have checked and registry is correct.

Many thanks and Regards

Alan Metcalf

• Developer

But you don‘t show the important Regkey, only Content twice and Scenery, but not the Key the tool reads, which is the Prepar3D V4 itself.

And with respect, the tool reads your Registry, where a wrong key is stored. I could not solve issues on your PC.

• Developer

@Marshall01:

Forget my last Post regaring the registry, thave checked the code of the tool and was a other Error you have on your screenshot.

The tool try to find the Path C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4, where P3D store the configfiles, like the add-ons.cfg, which is important to see, if the scenery is registered already.

Is this Path existing on your PC? Is the drive C your systempath or is the ProgramData on another drive? The C:\ProgramData is given back from your system, when asking windows to give the tool the "COMMON_APPDATA" path.

Please open a cmd window and type:

Dir %ProgramData%

or simple

%ProgramData%

In the second case you get an error, but there the Command shows the ProgramData Path windows as build for %ProgramData%

In the first case, which Path is shown then at the beginning of the list? In my case, the List will show the directory

"Verzeichnis von C:\ProgramData"

which is in my case the correct drive and folder.

And, the problem is not new on your PC, have found a discussion with you in february, how did you solve thatone?

1 hour ago, OPabst said:

@Marshall01:

Forget my last Post regaring the registry, thave checked the code of the tool and was a other Error you have on your screenshot.

The tool try to find the Path C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4, where P3D store the configfiles, like the add-ons.cfg, which is important to see, if the scenery is registered already.

Is this Path existing on your PC? Is the drive C your systempath or is the ProgramData on another drive? The C:\ProgramData is given back from your system, when asking windows to give the tool the "COMMON_APPDATA" path.

Dir %ProgramData%

or simple

%ProgramData%

In the second case you get an error, but there the Command shows the ProgramData Path windows as build for %ProgramData%

In the first case, which Path is shown then at the beginning of the list? In my case, the List will show the directory

And, the problem is not new on your PC, have found a discussion with you in february, how did you solve thatone?

Hello again

I never was able to fix this issue with EDDF BUt seeing the new post thought it had been fixed, obviously not for me.

1 hour ago, OPabst said:

@Marshall01:

Dir %ProgramData%

or simple

%ProgramData%

Hello again, I have never found a solution to this, seeing the new post I thought it was fixed with the new update. Obviously not for me.

My ProgramData path is in the normal  place on the C:\ drive and has never been moved. C:\ProgranData\ Lockheed Martin\ Prepar3D v4.

• Developer

Can you please select the C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D V4 folder 
in the explorer and make a screenshot, so that I can see the full Path string in the header.

Maybe you need to click on the field on top

Maybe a space or something else is in there, which is resulting in a failed search of the directory in my tool. Maybe a simple issue, but difficult to find.

The String must be simple "

C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4"

And maybe you can check on the folder "Setting" if maybe one is "hidden" flagged.

The thing is Oliver, I have Zurich and Geneva and others where the configurator's work perfect. Maybe something deep within Windows which is very old and historic. I have not done a reinstall of windows for years, why would I? I keep it updated and use Ccleaner to keep things tidy. I also run DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and check with sfc /scannow usually after a windows update. The latest has a bug with the optimize drive  where it fails to remember that you have run it.

If others are not having this problem, then don't waste to much time on this since it is a waste of your efforts. 

Regards and thanks Alan

• Developer

Ok, one last Test should be done:

- Please create a Temporary Directory somewhere on your disk and unzip the Testtool from the attached ZIP into this folder

- Start the tool

- cut-and-paste the result here or attach the Test.log file created in the Temp Directory

I think, this should point me to the reason, why the configurator gives you an error.

TestTool to check for P3D Path.zip

I can't get the config tool to install either, but just get this error, with my antivirus switched off. 

27 minutes ago, OPabst said:

Ok, one last Test should be done:

- Please create a Temporary Directory somewhere on your disk and unzip the Testtool from the attached ZIP into this folder

- Start the tool

- cut-and-paste the result here or attach the Test.log file created in the Temp Directory

I think, this should point me to the reason, why the configurator gives you an error.

TestTool to check for P3D Path.zip 3.93 kB · 0 downloads

Ok ran it, looks like an issue.

Test.log

• Developer
32 minutes ago, BrianV said:

I can't get the config tool to install either, but just get this error, with my antivirus switched off. 

Please don't highjack a thread. Open a new one and tell the support, which Virus protection you use and if the windows defender is running or not.

• Developer
12 minutes ago, Marshall01 said:

Ok ran it, looks like an issue.

Test.log 319 B · 0 downloads

Thanks for the file. But now I am at the end of my ideas. The string ask for is the same as you show in the cmd window.

I check the directory in several steps, so also hidden flaged folder are found (see ProgramData, which is hidden per default).

So, no idea what happens here. Sorry.

13 minutes ago, OPabst said:

Thanks for the file. But now I am at the end of my ideas. The string ask for is the same as you show in the cmd window.

I check the directory in several steps, so also hidden flaged folder are found (see ProgramData, which is hidden per default).

So, no idea what happens here. Sorry.

No problem, thanks for trying. I will be changing over to p3d v5 at some point in the future. I have been waiting for a stable ish sim and for PMDG to catch up.

When I do I will do a cleanup and re-install everything clean. 

Alan

• Developer

Ok, P3D V5 HF2 seams to be stayable now.

The only idea I have to try to fix it before:

- Rename the Lockheed Martin folder below ProgramData to Lockheed Martin-old

- create a new Lockheed Martin folder

- move the subfolder Prepar3D V4 from the old to the new Lockhead Martin folder.

Then check with the testtool again, of the new folder is found. When the folder object has an issue, this could help.

58 minutes ago, OPabst said:

- move the subfolder Prepar3D V4 from the old to the new Lockhead Martin folder.

Then check with the testtool again, of the new folder is found. When the folder object has an issue, this could help.

Ok, I'll try that later on to-day and let you know.

5 hours ago, OPabst said:

Ok done it and ran the tool, shows a difference, but the problem remains the same. Will reinstall EDDF and try again.

Update:- Reinstall of EDDF made no difference, well had a go at it!!!!

Test.log

• Developer

Ok fine. The problem is, that the Prepar3D V4 folder is marked as hidden, this is not the standard and the Configurator is not having the Hidden flag used yet to search also hidden folders.

But you can easy fix it, by click the right mouse on the Prepar3D V4 folder in the explorer, then go to the properties (last point in the window) and uncheck the Hidden select box. When the pop comes up to ask if only the folder or all subfolders to, select all subfolders.

Then the Configurator should work, also for Gran Canaries and other addon using this tool.

And maybe it prevent errors of other addons not expecting the Prepar3d Folder as a hidden one.

18 minutes ago, OPabst said:

Ok fine. The problem is, that the Prepar3D V4 folder is marked as hidden, this is not the standard and the Configurator is not having the Hidden flag used yet to search also hidden folders.

But you can easy fix it, by click the right mouse on the Prepar3D V4 folder in the explorer, then go to the properties (last point in the window) and uncheck the Hidden select box. When the pop comes up to ask if only the folder or all subfolders to, select all subfolders.

Then the Configurator should work, also for Gran Canaries and other addon using this tool.

And maybe it prevent errors of other addons not expecting the Prepar3d Folder as a hidden one.

Well well wtf many thanks, good job, thanks for sticking with me. I owe you.

• Developer

Thanks for the feedback, have fun.

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived