EDDF v2 Update to v1.2.1.0 endet in Configurator malfunction

frumpy

The today updating 'marathon', full build install of a minor minor update (v1.2.0.0 to v1.2.0.1) and furthermore an update to a major minor v1.2.1.0 via the updater ended in a malfunction of the configurator which was working fine after the full install of build v1.2.0.1.

OS Windows 10 1909, P3Dv4.5 HF3 in use.

Please login to display this image.

• Developer

Can you please replace the Tool in the Mega Airport Frankfurt Professional folder with the new one in the attached ZIP.

<Removed>, will now be part of the updated Version 1.2.1.1

• Developer

Ok, we will change it in the Updater tomorrow.

From unknown reason there was the V5 Key ask. As I have both installed, the error did not popup here ;)

I just noticed this thread, does this explain why I am unable to install my Frankfurt downloaded from another site where I purchased it.

It is not accepting my serial number for some reason. Trying to install V2.0.0.1

• Developer
12 minutes ago, Steve Ellis said:

I just noticed this thread, does this explain why I am unable to install my Frankfurt downloaded from another site where I purchased it.

It is not accepting my serial number for some reason. Trying to install V2.0.0.1

No, problems with serials in the installer has nothing to with this update.

Please contact the support via email support@aerosoft.com.

Such issues could not be solved here in the forum.

Dears the problem is still there. At least on my end. Is the ASUpdater already fixed, cause you were talking about tomorrow?

We have 4.45pm eastern time (8.45zulu) and i have done a fresh install again. After the installation the AS Updater what is on version 1504. 

the Updater told me there is another update for eddf. So i clicked on it and the config tool opened with this message. 

• Developer

Will check this tomorrow, until then you find the correct tool some post before here:

What you have installed is the 1.2.1.0 version (see header of the tool), which is not the correct version. But I could not check yet, what the Updater will install. With the fix above, only the tool is replaced, which not change the version number, but solved the issue by all others here.

So this is still being worked on? I tried the update tonight and got the above error as well when I tried to update the Frankfurt Scenery.

Mike Hayden

VATSIM Founder

• Developer

Have just check what the ASupdater is doing and all is fine here.

He updated the Version from 1.2.1.0 to the new 1.2.1.1 and the Tool is correct replaced and starts perfect, showing 1.2.1.1 in the header.

When it fails on your side, please check the Versionnumber and if the ASupdater maybe fails to provide the update to your disk.

Morning

I tried the eddf config fix file above, still no good can't update Frankfurt to fix the reg error.

Many thanks

Alan

• Developer

Can you please check, what the ASUpdater gives you as installed Version, when you click on the Frankfurt addon? It should be shown in the right side of the window.

And can you check the date and time of the EDDFConfig.exe, you find in the mainfolder of the addon?

28 minutes ago, OPabst said:

Can you please check, what the ASUpdater gives you as installed Version, when you click on the Frankfurt addon? It should be shown in the right side of the window.

And can you check the date and time of the EDDFConfig.exe, you find in the mainfolder of the addon?

Sure

• Developer

Based on your screenshot before, it looks like the ASUpdater as increase the Versionnumber on his side, but don't replace the files in the productfolder.

Can you please attach here the file Mega Airport Frankfurt 2.0 Professional_1.2.1.1_Log.txt, which you find in your ..\Documents\Aerosoft\ASUpdater\Logs folder?

Correction: As you see on your Screenshot of the ASUpdater, the Mega Airport Frankfurt 2.0 Professional entry is shown red, so you don't have installed the existing update 1.2.1.1 yet. Click on Update Product and then see what happens.

• Developer

Ok, then please try this:

Can you please attach here the file ASUpdater_App_Log.txt and if exists the Mega Airport Frankfurt 2.0 Professional_1.2.1.1_Log.txt, which you both find in your ..\Documents\Aerosoft\ASUpdater\Logs folder?

6 hours ago, OPabst said:

Ok, then please try this:

Can you please attach here the file ASUpdater_App_Log.txt and if exists the Mega Airport Frankfurt 2.0 Professional_1.2.1.1_Log.txt, which you both find in your ..\Documents\Aerosoft\ASUpdater\Logs folder?

Ok many thanks for looking into this for me. The 1.2.1.1_Log.txt does not exist. Just the 1.2.1.0_txt.

ASUpdater_App_Log.txt Mega Airport Frankfurt 2.0 Professional_1.2.1.0_Log.txt

2 hours ago, Marshall01 said:

Yes I know, when I click to update, this is what I get, that's the problem that I tried to explain to you.

I can confirm I have the same issues as this still. I have installed the new config tool as per above.

Regards

Chris

Just now, christinney said:

I can confirm I have the same issues as this still. I have installed the new config tool as per above.

Regards

Chris

Could this be the issue?

Installed version: 1.2.0.1
Available version: 1.2.1.1 / Update 1.2.1.0 to 1.2.1.1

It seems to already want the 1.2.1.0 update installed which means it is failing because it is not there as been replaced by 1.2.1.1 

I cannot seem to be able to instal 1.2.1.0 as the installer wont allow and the version on the main shop for download is 1.2.0.1.

Regards

Chris

• Developer

I addressed the issue to the developers of the ASUpdater, as there seams to be the reason for the issue. Please standby.

In the mine time you should be able to get the tool runing, when you replace the EDDFConfig.EXE in the Addon folder with the Version from the ZIP File I posted yesterday in the #3 post of this thread here:

46 minutes ago, christinney said:

Could this be the issue?

Installed version: 1.2.0.1
Available version: 1.2.1.1 / Update 1.2.1.0 to 1.2.1.1

It seems to already want the 1.2.1.0 update installed which means it is failing because it is not there as been replaced by 1.2.1.1 

I cannot seem to be able to instal 1.2.1.0 as the installer wont allow and the version on the main shop for download is 1.2.0.1.

Regards

Chris

Identical to me, installing the FixEDDFConfig does not solve the problem. I think we will have to wait until the Aerosoft download  on the Aerosoft website for EDDF has been updated to the latest version, looks like a catch 22 situation.

Many thanks and Regards.

• OPabst locked this topic

Archived