Snow at PANC in the Summer time

There can not be snow still on the ground in PANC in June.  Simmwings did not create a summer season selection on the configurator tool and I am in summer mode in P3dv5.

How can I get rid of the snow. Snow in the summer time triggers my PTSD.... :)

Thanks

Randy

• Developer

There is no season switch in any config, as the snow or not snow depends on the month of year the simulator provide to the scenery code or when the sim has the flag for actually snowing set.

Which parts do you see with „snow“? Provide a screenshot, please. And which date you have set.

42 minutes ago, OPabst said:

There is no season switch in any config, as the snow or not snow depends on the month of year the simulator provide to the scenery code or when the sim has the flag for actually snowing set.

Which parts do you see with „snow“? Provide a screenshot, please. And which date you have set.

Date was June 21st 2020 at 1100 local

Please login to display this image.

• Developer

How looks the photoreal area and the landclasses around the airport?

Did you use Activesky or something like this.

The ground is controlled by the sim internal variables, so they seams to be wrong here.

Will check tomorrow, what happens here at the date, but will not expecting to reproduce it.

4 minutes ago, OPabst said:

How looks the photoreal area and the landclasses around the airport?

Did you use Activesky or something like this.

The ground is controlled by the sim internal variables, so they seams to be wrong here.

Will check tomorrow, what happens here at the date, but will not expecting to reproduce it.

Yes I used Activesky. the land classes all over the state are the same.

• Developer

When the landclasses also white, then the internal state for the conditions will set to „snowing“ so that the codes contolled by this flag will switch to the wintertextures.

I saw several issues with the weather, for example the variables are not set correct, when a previous saved flight is loaded.

And about Activesky also, problems are reported, don‘t know is the last update fixes them or the Hotfix 2 of P3DV5 is needed (in beta already).
The scenery is not the source of the issue here.

• Developer

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived