Honeycomb Yoke cable connection (for buttons) problem

Hello!

I bought a Honeycomb Yoke two months ago and used it very rarely and a problem started happening about 2 weeks ago.

Buttons on the yoke become unresponsive very often whyie flying. Buttons start to work for a while if I move the cable a little bit (at the connection at the base of the yoke). Something is wrong with the plug at the base of the yoke. I cleaned the connection and that didn't fix the problem. I tested with another cable and the same thing was happening.

This is my first time buying a hardware from a shop that is not in Slovenia and I don't know what to do next. I bought it at Aerosoft. Should I get in touch with Aerosoft or Honeycomb?

Thank you!

33 minutes ago, Branimir said:

Hello!

I bought a Honeycomb Yoke two months ago and used it very rarely and a problem started happening about 2 weeks ago.

Buttons on the yoke become unresponsive very often whyie flying. Buttons start to work for a while if I move the cable a little bit (at the connection at the base of the yoke). Something is wrong with the plug at the base of the yoke. I cleaned the connection and that didn't fix the problem. I tested with another cable and the same thing was happening.

This is my first time buying a hardware from a shop that is not in Slovenia and I don't know what to do next. I bought it at Aerosoft. Should I get in touch with Aerosoft or Honeycomb?

Thank you!

Are you sure that it's the connector?  One thing to try first is disabling the Windows USB Power Saving settings - do this for all USB devices because they can cause this very issues and cause all sorts of controller assignment issues in FSX/P3D.

The link below is one way to disable Windows Power Saving (though I don't use this method).

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-prevent-windows-10-turning-usb-devices

The method I use to disable USB Power Saving is to go to the Control Panel and then each USB Device and Hub and disable it there.  Not sure if the first method (above) is just as good or not.

If that doesn't resolve the issue, then it's likely the connector itself and I would contact Aerosoft Customer Support via a Support Ticket.

Best wishes!

Thank you very much! I thought that tickets are only for software. It is the connector. Everything works perfectly fine but the problem happens only with the buttons on the yoke (that are connected with the ethernet cable). I already had those settings.

Archived