EDDK Sode query

bradley27

Using the latest build of EDDK with the latest build of SODE in P3Dv4.5

The ADE file needed some work with gate and cargo assignments and a small tweak in the XML Sode file.

When i reload EDDK i seem to get duplicate jetways on the terminal gates for the 'D' concourse only?

- I have only 1 active ADE for EDDK in the EDDK scenery folder

- Sode XML was edited as below (I updated gate D14 to D15 instead for an A330 sized aircraft)

- EDDK config has been run and SODE jetways only selected (i do not have the VDGS addon)

- If i boot the scenery up without my edited ADE the dupes dissapear so im wondering whats causing it and on the D side of stands only.

New EDDK.zip

• Developer

EDDK includes two sets of AFCAD's one is using the default ctrl+j jetways and one to be used with SODE jetways.
The AFCAD you've edited and attached here includes the placement locations for the ctrl+j jetways, resulting in duplicate jetways when used alongside SODE jetways.

The AFCADs used when the configuration tool is set to "SODE jetways only" or "SODE jetways + VGDS" are located here:

...\Configuration Tool\Library\SODE\SODEScenery

Here you'll see two folders, "STATIC_AC_1" which includes the AFCAD used when you disable static aircraft and "STATIC_AC_2" which is used when you enable static aircraft.

The AFCADs that includes the ctrl+j jetway placements are located here,

...\Configuration Tool\Library\Scenery\STATIC_AC_1

and here,

...\Configuration Tool\Library\Scenery\STATIC_AC_2

Same goes for these two folders, "STATIC_AC_1" is for disabled static aircraft and "STATIC_AC_2" is when they're enabled.

Right so somehow i managed to start working on the wrong afcad okay. Last question, so as it appears im using the ctrl+jetways version which was unintentional, given i have been reworking this afcad for the last week can i possibly remove the jetways in this file so SODE shows only?

• Developer

Yes, you can delete the jetways in the AFCAD you edited and use that as the "SODE AFCAD", just save it in the appropriate config tool folder as described in my post above. The only difference between the SODE and ctrl+j afcad is that they include the placement of the jetways, everything else is identical.
(would recommend to keep a backup of the unedited files as well, just in case)

Archived