AS Updater

So, my life without a CRJ Prof is not a happy life! And my AS updater is not working, I think it never worked; but now I need it! Ok, let's go step by step, because I have not idea what to do! 

First off all, see my attached Picture and tell me please, what's going on … Thank you!

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

And what exactly does not work? Any error message? Did you modify the file in your last screenshot?

• Developer

To me that looks like P3D has been installed into C:\Program Files and the CRJ Pro into the P3D folder. That can't work because C:\Program Files is a protected folder and doesn't allow any write operations (which the updater naturally needs to update things).

My recommendations:

- NEVER install P3D (or any other product derived from FSX) into C:\Program Files. Always use a location like "C:\P3D4".

- NEVER install any add-ons that use the new Prepar3D add-on system (most add-ons do by now) into the P3D folder.

I hate to say it, but in this case, a P3D reinstall is probably the only right thing to do.

But yes, Otto is right. Some information about the actual problem would be nice.

And my P3D v4.5 HF3 is installed: C:\Program files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

A question … Will you publish the final version of CRJ Pro on Aerosoft purchase files, to simply download the latest version?

Installation path: ("programske datoteke" stands for "Program files")

• Developer
vor 13 Stunden , Libero sagte:

And my P3D v4.5 HF3 is installed: C:\Program files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

Yes, and that is bad. Really bad.

A question … Will you publish the final version of CRJ Pro on Aerosoft purchase files, to simply download the latest version?

Version 2.1 of the CRJ (which is in beta test right now) will be released as a full installer.

It's the same case for me:

This thread points to updater v 1.4.0.1 but the current version is 1.5.0.3. You got a response from another user but never responded, so I assumed that the issue was sorted.

Thank you a lot Hans for your help! You know what? I’ll wait for a new full installer, because everything else works fine, also DA/AS CRJ, your first one, all sceneries and to reinstall 500GB of stuff, with all settings, twiks & tricks all over the last year ... 🤕🥵 will be next year for a new MSFS2020 & P3D v5.X. For now I’ll stay with this situation ... 

OMG!! I know since my first ZX Spectrum that simulators & add ons are strange things with their own laws ... and that you never stop to learn ...

I just reinstalled CRJ Pro, this installer reinstalled also the updater and now everything works as before! Yes, may be stupid thing and after a many years I’m feeling like a stupid, but ... well, now my CRJ WORKS, also my updater WORKS!

Archived