DC-8 version 3 problem

TrevorS

Hi Michael

The oscillation problem at CRZ has not been resolved in v3. As I said in another post, CRZ is very stable up to and including FL350. Once you go higher, the oscillating problem presents itself and is most annoying. Could you please look into this matter again - it's not linked to low speeds but to high altitudes. Would be much appreciated.

Regards

Trevor

With all due respect, I have seen a video of a MK airlines DC-8 flying absolutely stable at 37,000 feet.

I am still waiting for Michael to respond.

• 1 month later...
  • Developer

I will take a look at this.  During development I used the recommended cruise altitudes in the performance document and typically did not use loaded weights low enough to get into FL370 or similar.

• 1 month later...
  • Developer

I discovered the issue for this and I'm giving you a link to a new file directly so you don't have to wait for this to go in the updater system and to get some feedback before it does.  Replace the logic.xml file in the panel/DC81 folder.  This is for P3D only -- I'll post the same for FSX in a moment.  As always, it's a good idea to back up the original just in case.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iTqdjlnl672BiuvWEUa7gNHOXi8f8zN7/view?usp=sharing

Archived